New York Palace
$115
$94
Priceline
3,754 results
All reviewsnew york cafebeautiful hotelupgraded to a junior suitesteam roomthe riverfive star hotelbreakfast is servedbeautiful roomspa facilitieshop on hopreception areabreakfast roomlong weekendjewish quartermetro stationyogurtconcierge
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was my first visit in Budapest for business purposes. The hotel is very big with a characteristic atrium that allow natural light to reach in main lobby.
Main lobby is decorated with beautiful marble.
Dinning and breakfast area is luxurious.
Room that i have stayed was vary spacious and clean. The bathroom very big with a very big bathtub.
Hotel located close to central area of city but not close to river (pest side). However 15 min walking distance from hero's plaza and relatively close to Andrássy avenue (like Avenue des Champs-Élysées).
Great chioce to stay when visiting Budapest.
Breakfast was very good with one drawback , only one choice of marmalade (apricot at the time that i was visited)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SPT74
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at New York Palace, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Valued Guest 'SPT74',

Thank you for the time sharing your review with the travelling community on Tripadvisor! It's nice to see that our hotel met your expectations. Regarding to your breakfast experience I would like to assure you that we offer a selection of delicious jams. I hope when you return to our hotel next time, we can serve you with your favourite marmelade.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Impressive!

probably one of the best hotel I have been, if you are in Budapest and you are looking for a quiet place, not right in the middle of the center, but close enough to reach the best part of town with a 10 minutes walk, the Boscolo Hotel is the best place for you.

Budapest offers a wide variety of luxury hotels: the kempisky, the next Corinthia Palace, the Opera, and of course the famous Four Season. Giving the fact that the Four Season is absolutely the best, in term of service, location, attention to the client and so on, but the Boscolo hotel has the same standard plus offering a nice SPA.

I spent 5 night in a suite (nice upgrade as boscolo reward program member) that was absolutely perfect in every aspect. the down side of this hotel is service! in the beginning the try to sell me a big room for disable people for a suite, i did not appreciate that, but once sorted this issue the real suite was gorgeous.

I will definitly stay at this hotel again once back in Budapest. for business of pleasure this is the best 5 stars hotel in town after the Four Season.

Room Tip: suite if you want to enjoy this hotel at its best
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank simone p

Dear Valued Guest 'simone p',

First and foremost thank you for your kind feedback sending through Tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay at Boscolo Budapest. Me and my colleagues are always happy if we can serve with some extra care or service - like a nice upgrade - especially our valued "B Club" members.
I hope we can be your host again, upon your next visit in Budapest.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This trip to Budapest was a Christmas gift to me, so I was very impressed with the choice of hotel.
We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite with possibly the largest and most glamorous bathroom I will ever encounter.
Our actual bedroom was huge as was the bed, and the quality of furnishings was first class.
Whilst the hotel is not located very close to the river, it is still in a central location for exploring the city.
We went in late January and it wasn't very snowy and the weather was remarkably warm for the time of year, so exploring Budapest by foot was easy.
Whist we didn't have an evening meal at the Boscolo we did thoroughly enjoy the breakfast they served, complete with champaign if you wanted. The service during breakfast was very good, and all served on fine china with expensive cutlery.
Check in was easy, and plenty of staff on hand to help and advise. Rooms service also very good.
Opted to explore and eat out at local restaurants, this is well worth recommending, as is a day trip by train to Vienna if you have enough time

Room Tip: Request rooms on 3rd floor and above...better views over the streets below
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SARA S
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at New York Palace, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest 'SARA S',

Thank you for your kind feedback on your winter vacation in Budapest and Boscolo. I am happy to read that you really enjoyed the time you spent with us, and see that you were satisfied with our services and staff as well.
It's my pleasure that we were able to accomodate you in one of our luxurious suites on your surprise trip.
Your return to Boscolo Budapest Autograph Collection is more than welcome anytime!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Every time I travel to Budapest I stay here unless it's fully booked which happens as it is so popular, rightly so.

Absolutely beautiful lobby, light and airy, amazing marble and classy decor everywhere. One could spend a whole afternoon just relaxing on the comfy sofas and staring at the gorgeous marble floor and other decoration. Beautiful gigantic flower arrangements in the lobby area that are changed often. The main elevators are the most beautiful ones I've ever seen. (the other elevators in the back are also nice)

The whole hotel is immaculately clean and stylish. The staff is very pleasant, polite and a pleasure to be around. Every need is met in a very speedy manner.

The cafe is spectacularly beautiful. The most beautiful coffee house/cafe in the world. It also has a great history. It is very all the intellectual greats of Hungary met in 19th century. It's hard to focus on your coffee as you just want to stare at the beauty of the building.

Our room was 364 which is the biggest on the 3rd floor. My small dog was wellcomed with a waterbowl which was a nice touch. Dogs under 15 kgs can stay for free.

The spa area is also special as it is underground and the interior looks like an ice cave. The gym is also good.

The business centre is the nicest I've ever seen in any international hotel, very quiet, stylish and well-equiped.

Rooms are very comfy, quiet and the beds are amazing. Our room had 2 large plasma TVs, one was for the beds and one for the living room area which had the biggest sofa I have seen in my life. Superior room. Oh, and the rooms have amazing bathrooms, marble everywhere.

Best points of the hotel: quiet, stylish, very clean, great staff, location, bathrooms, breakfast AND the cafe.

I can't find any negatives what so ever.

Everything is am

Room Tip: perhaps I prefer the older wing but they are almost equally lovely
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Emese B
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at New York Palace, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest 'Emese B',

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor travellers about your latest stay at Boscolo Budapest Autograph Collection.
I was delighted to read that our hotel could live up to your expectations and you had been pleased with your hotel choice. It makes me also happy that you recognized the professionalism and service minded attitude of my colleagues.
Let me thank you again for your kind words and for your patronage. I am really looking forward to the next opportunity to hosting you in Boscolo Budapest.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Absolutely gorgeous Hotel, very clean, historical café on the ground floor. One small issue: we were witness of the luggage getting stolen at the reception area , while guest was getting info/room key. That guest happened to be very famous Formula 1 racer, I will not tell he's name.
The problem is that the city is full of pocked thefts (not ethnical Hungarians), and the luxury Hotel like this is could be the target. Hotel management, knowing situation in the city, should be taking more security precautions at the main entrance, were many people just come to take a pictures of the inside New York Café (World the most beautiful Café). I'm sure it was an isolated incident. Otherwise we had an amazing time in Budapest. If we come back to Budapest again I would stay again in Boscolo Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank VikaD155032
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at New York Palace, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest 'VikaD155032',

Thank you for your time writing this review. It is nice to see that you overall enjoyed your stay in our hotel and Budapest as well.
I would like to assure you that our qualified loss prevention team is always working on our guests' safety and comfort. Boscolo's discreet but effective defence system is supported by the co-operation of various security systems.

We are really looking forward to your next stay at Boscolo Budapest.