Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection
$115
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
3,724 results
All reviewsnew york cafebeautiful hotelupgraded to a junior suitesteam roomthe riverfive star hotelbreakfast is servedbeautiful roomspa facilitieshop on hopreception areabreakfast roomlong weekendjewish quartermetro stationyogurtconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This trip to Budapest was a Christmas gift to me, so I was very impressed with the choice of hotel.
We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite with possibly the largest and most glamorous bathroom I will ever encounter.
Our actual bedroom was huge as was the bed, and the quality of furnishings was first class.
Whilst the hotel is not located very close to the river, it is still in a central location for exploring the city.
We went in late January and it wasn't very snowy and the weather was remarkably warm for the time of year, so exploring Budapest by foot was easy.
Whist we didn't have an evening meal at the Boscolo we did thoroughly enjoy the breakfast they served, complete with champaign if you wanted. The service during breakfast was very good, and all served on fine china with expensive cutlery.
Check in was easy, and plenty of staff on hand to help and advise. Rooms service also very good.
Opted to explore and eat out at local restaurants, this is well worth recommending, as is a day trip by train to Vienna if you have enough time

Room Tip: Request rooms on 3rd floor and above...better views over the streets below
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SARA S
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest 'SARA S',

Thank you for your kind feedback on your winter vacation in Budapest and Boscolo. I am happy to read that you really enjoyed the time you spent with us, and see that you were satisfied with our services and staff as well.
It's my pleasure that we were able to accomodate you in one of our luxurious suites on your surprise trip.
Your return to Boscolo Budapest Autograph Collection is more than welcome anytime!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Every time I travel to Budapest I stay here unless it's fully booked which happens as it is so popular, rightly so.

Absolutely beautiful lobby, light and airy, amazing marble and classy decor everywhere. One could spend a whole afternoon just relaxing on the comfy sofas and staring at the gorgeous marble floor and other decoration. Beautiful gigantic flower arrangements in the lobby area that are changed often. The main elevators are the most beautiful ones I've ever seen. (the other elevators in the back are also nice)

The whole hotel is immaculately clean and stylish. The staff is very pleasant, polite and a pleasure to be around. Every need is met in a very speedy manner.

The cafe is spectacularly beautiful. The most beautiful coffee house/cafe in the world. It also has a great history. It is very all the intellectual greats of Hungary met in 19th century. It's hard to focus on your coffee as you just want to stare at the beauty of the building.

Our room was 364 which is the biggest on the 3rd floor. My small dog was wellcomed with a waterbowl which was a nice touch. Dogs under 15 kgs can stay for free.

The spa area is also special as it is underground and the interior looks like an ice cave. The gym is also good.

The business centre is the nicest I've ever seen in any international hotel, very quiet, stylish and well-equiped.

Rooms are very comfy, quiet and the beds are amazing. Our room had 2 large plasma TVs, one was for the beds and one for the living room area which had the biggest sofa I have seen in my life. Superior room. Oh, and the rooms have amazing bathrooms, marble everywhere.

Best points of the hotel: quiet, stylish, very clean, great staff, location, bathrooms, breakfast AND the cafe.

I can't find any negatives what so ever.

Everything is am

Room Tip: perhaps I prefer the older wing but they are almost equally lovely
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Emese B
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest 'Emese B',

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor travellers about your latest stay at Boscolo Budapest Autograph Collection.
I was delighted to read that our hotel could live up to your expectations and you had been pleased with your hotel choice. It makes me also happy that you recognized the professionalism and service minded attitude of my colleagues.
Let me thank you again for your kind words and for your patronage. I am really looking forward to the next opportunity to hosting you in Boscolo Budapest.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Absolutely gorgeous Hotel, very clean, historical café on the ground floor. One small issue: we were witness of the luggage getting stolen at the reception area , while guest was getting info/room key. That guest happened to be very famous Formula 1 racer, I will not tell he's name.
The problem is that the city is full of pocked thefts (not ethnical Hungarians), and the luxury Hotel like this is could be the target. Hotel management, knowing situation in the city, should be taking more security precautions at the main entrance, were many people just come to take a pictures of the inside New York Café (World the most beautiful Café). I'm sure it was an isolated incident. Otherwise we had an amazing time in Budapest. If we come back to Budapest again I would stay again in Boscolo Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank VikaD155032
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest 'VikaD155032',

Thank you for your time writing this review. It is nice to see that you overall enjoyed your stay in our hotel and Budapest as well.
I would like to assure you that our qualified loss prevention team is always working on our guests' safety and comfort. Boscolo's discreet but effective defence system is supported by the co-operation of various security systems.

We are really looking forward to your next stay at Boscolo Budapest.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

First time in Budapest but certainly not the last. The hotel was fantastic, amazing from the moment you arrive from the front door to the the lobby the hotel oozes class and charm. The staff were incredible polite and helpful and all the time it felt genuine and not forced. From the spa to the restaurant everything was immaculate and the restaurant in particular was jaw-dropping if slightly overpriced. This will not be my last time to Budapest and the Boscolo Hotel.

Room Tip: 4th floors have an excellent view Erzsebet road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank samrobinson01

Dear Valued Guest 'samrobinson01',

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest and thank you for your kind feedback.
I'm delighted to see that you had a great time with us in a stunning surrounding. I'm glad that our service lived up to your expectations and your return to Boscolo Budapest would be welcome at all times.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We've stayed in many hotels around the world, and this was TOPS in service, beauty, and comfort. You walk into the lobby and it's gorgeous- the service desk is superb-any question was answered, every need was met. Our room was terrific and the metro was on the corner. We even made a video of the hotel just to show it off to our family when we got home.
The cost of the room included the daily buffet breakfast which was excellent in a magnificent room. Most every guest took pictures of the room (and every other common area of the hotel-- it's that beautiful!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are exceptional. We were in 409 which was in the front of the building on a major street- very quiet, great view; was a suite with large living area, beautiful bathroom and bedroom.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JJAod
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest 'JJAod',

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest and thank you for your kind feedback provided on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to see that overall you had a nice experience with us and I'm happy to see that our services lived up to your expectations.
Your kind recommendation on us is highly appreciated. Word of mouth is one of our best friends as we have so many people come and visit us based on dedication of loved ones.