This hotel has the wow factor. So did the service. Upon arrival, we were upgraded to a junior suite - a wonderful surprise and a beautiful suite. There was an offer on the weekend package for this trip also, and upon checking in, we were given a voucher for special rate on a spa treatment. My partner and I each had a massage, and Susan, the masseuse was excellent, especially as she was due to finish work for the day, but stayed for another 3 hours to oblige. Very much appreciated and brilliant massage.
In the evening, I attended a hen do in the incredibly beautiful NewYork Cafe - what a stunning setting! The food was generally good, but many of us felt it was luke warm and 1 or 2 sent theirs back. My partner ordered room service, a burger, which was also luke warm and he found it disappointing. On this basis, we did not order the breakfast. That said, the bride and groom, who were also staying at the hotel enjoyed their New York Breakfast, which was huge.
We had free use of the spa although the pool was not working all weekend, due to maintenance and on the monday, the sauna was not on. All in all, a fabulous hotel, but perhaps they should look at the food service ... and ensure general spa facilties are available? I would still recommend this hotel though, and check out other Boscolo hotels based on the standard of this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary New York Palace is the rethinking of the original edifice built in 1894 by the creative ideas of Maurizio Papiri and Ádám Tihanyi D. The building has an eclectic style relying on the Italian renaissance and baroque however modern contemporary interior design has gained ground in the formation of inner spaces creating one of the most dignified hotels within the Boscolo Group. The opulent splendour of New York Palace can be recognized not only in forms but materials as well. The most accented part of the impressive building is the ground floor Café with its 16 devilish fauns and - "El Ashmodai" the ancient figure of coffee and meditation - holding the lantern in such style and propagating the spirituality of the New York Café. All marbles, textiles and furnishings for the Hotel come from the original home of style and design: Italy. Inner spaces are decorated with bronze statues the ceiling with the marvellous original panel paintings of Gusztáv Mannhemer and Ferenc Eisenhut in the halls. Available for guests: 24 hours room service, luxury chauffeur service, baby-sitter service, rent a car, internet access, secretary service, business centre. In the accelerated world of today there is a need for such a place where one can rest & relax and enjoy the beneficial result of various special treatments. The outside world can be totally excluded whilst in the Spa and guests can indulge themselves in treatments promising "eternal life" with the help of professional masseurs and therapists. Situated on the first floor of the hotel, the five conference rooms and our Ball Room are holding the most up-to-date of audio-visual equipment. Appropriate to arrange any kind of, meeting, conference, training program, cocktail parties or business dinner... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda, Marriott, Cancelon, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection Hotel Budapest
- Hotel Boscolo New York Palace
- New York Palace Budapest