“Beautiful Hotel and Great Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection

Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection
Ranked #29 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Arligton
“Beautiful Hotel and Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Don't get sucked into the tourist trap hotels. This hotel is centrally located to all the best attractions and restaurants. The staff is very accommodating, the hotel is beautiful inside and out, and you can walk out the doors and hop on the tram line that runs through the city. No need to stay anywhere else in Budapest!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amanda H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

The hotel staff members are always there for your needs. They greeted me with my name every single time even when they saw me on my way to the New York Cafe or walking by the lobby desk. Detailed service like remembering a guest's name and greeting with the name is true luxurious service .

Check-In: Efficient and professional. My room rate did not include breakfast options. Upon check in, I was asked to add that option, which I did. I am extremely happy to accept the offer.

Hotel Facility: Fabulous and marvelous as you expected from outside and inside and the room including the bath, sink, toilet, etc.

Room: My superior room was very adequate located in the Boscolo Residence side not in the main hotel building. The room was quite however the room temperature was a little bit warm. A bell boy cautioned me so I took his advice to leave a windows/balcony door slightly open. It would have been perfect with the thermometer issue. A rain shower/bath tub is directly facing the bed. A toilet and a bidet are inside a closed door. Amenities of Etro(r) shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and bath salt were presented welcomingly on the sink top with two crystal-like yet light glasses. 2 sets of extra towels are in a drawer under the amenities. 2 bathrobes were hung by the wall. However, what I didn't see was a bottle or two complimentary water as you would normally see at other hotels. The water from the water faucet is safe to drink. Indeed you are in Budapest. I would drink, but some of you may not. It's your call.
Every evening, there was a turn down service as you would expect.

Dining: One must experience at the World's renown New York Cafe. My breakfast included Hungarian Sparking wine along with house made jam in individually contained mason jars. Service was impeccable. When I was wandering around to look for a spoon, the manager came out and kindly advised me to sit. He came with a spoon and gently and very graciously placed it in front of me in the exactly right place where my fingers would reach. Small details like this is a true example a Boscolo hotel can provide to a solo guest like me. In addition, food is incredibly high quality.
For lunch or dinner, a past dish is a must. Indeed, Boscolo is an Italian managed hospitality. It was such a fantastic choice to dine at the cafe. Pasta was just simply perfect (al dente in ragu sauce) among others.

Service: as mentioned in the introduction, the service was a true example of me wanting to return to Budapest, and this specific hotel over and over again. Every staff member is always friendly and helpful yet very professional. Kudos to all staff members.

Concierge: recognized my stay was around my birthday (1 day after). Yes, indeed the trip was for my vacation. I am an introverted person and do not to speak out loud about my birthday. Yet, being recognized such a subtle way, it would make me smile and feel so wonderfully welcome.

Spa: I didn't use it but I made a quick visit to the facility. Welcomed me with cinnamon fragrance in the air. (although I am not a big fan of cinnamon, this would not stop me from going in there and relaxing if I had more time. Very serene and relaxing feel.

Others: From the foyer to the check-in lobby, there is no ramp but about 6 or 7 flights of steps. As a frequent traveler/global trotter, I tend to carry my luggage around. Although I can certainly handle it easily, it would have been easier and I would have enjoyed pulling my luggage on my departure.

All in all, this is one of a few places that I would like to return! Thanks to everyone who made my stay so welcoming and comfortable.

Room Tip: My room was facing north. It was away from the elevator and quite. If you want to see the Castle si...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank SamFairfax_VA
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Honestly, the most beautiful hotel I've ever stayed. The Boscolo in Prague comes close, but Budapest outshines for sure! We were upgraded to a Junior Suite since my bf is Platinum and the place was huge. At least 5-600 square feet. The bathroom alone could fit my bedroom and kitchen at home! Beautiful chandaliers, great service and wonderful spa/fitness area included with room. The Spa had a sauna, steam room, rain showers and a pool along with a very relaxing grotto area. Although spa services were a bit pricey-they did have specials running since we were there over Valentine's day. The cafe downstairs was also lovely-although pricey (lunch for 2 with apps and 1 drink was almost 80 Euros) But breakfast was included with our rate too and there was a ton of food with a large buffet of both European and American style breakfast options. I highly suggest this place at least for a night or so.

TIP-We saw a ballet for 12 Euros a ticket. For some reason the shows at the National Opera House were so cheap!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BeachesandBrunello
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I really enjoyed the hotel, the amenities and the location. The hotel is stunning and the staff made it a wonderful experience. I highly recommend the hotel to anyone wanting to pamper themselves. The only complaint I have is the breakfast buffet where there was muesli but honestly that was not a big issue.

The New York Cafe is truly wonderful place to have a late night coffee and cakes

Room Tip: I was in room 507 and the view was great! And can never say no to a perfect rain head shower with pr...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Peter_Bomberg
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest 'Peter_Bomberg',

Thank you very much for providing your kind feedback regarding your stay with us at Boscolo Budapest.
I'm delighted to see that overall you were satisfied with our services and our colleagues could go above and beyond to provide a great experience.
I appreciate your feedback considering the breakfast selction as well and I'm sorry to see that not all our service lived up to your expectations.
We do our best to make your next stay with us even more enjoyable.

With kind regards,

Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband took me to Budapest for our 40th wedding anniversary and we stayed at the Boscolo, this hotel is lovely and clean, the staff are all so polite and helpful and if you have a problem it is no trouble and dealt with straight away. The dining area is like somthing you would see in a palace with paintings and gold ornate figures everywhere, the breakfast was really nice with loads of good choices from continental to scambled eggs, bacon and sauages with fresh fruit etc!! they also have champagne if you fancy some with your breakfast which was nice because we could toast our anniversary in style on the day. The one thing I would say is that in the room they do leave you complimentary tea and coffee, but the tea is earl gray or fruit tea which neither my husband or myself like so it would be a good idea if they left you some breakfast tea in your room and maybe a few more milk cartons as after a hectic day you just want to come back to a nice cup of tea. If every I get the chance I would definately stay there again. I will be 60 next year so if I drop enough hints to my husband you never know he may take me back!!!! One tip if you are staying more than 3 days do get yourself a 72 hour pass as you can use it on all the transport and it is well worth the money as we did loads of sightseeing

Room Tip: The room we had was lovely and to be honest there was no noise
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pauline550
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Boscolo Budapest is a stunning hotel that lives up to its reputation. The building itself is absolutely stunning both inside and out. If you are looking for a unique experience in a city of stuning architecture you can really live it at this hotel. The rooms are spacious, modern and fitted with huge bathrooms with "rain showers" that have the propensity to make you want to stay in there all night!
The New York Palace Bistro on the ground floor is like stepping back in time. It's beautiful gilded walls and frescoed ceilings are out of this world. The downside to this beauty is the price. It appears to be a "destination venue" for other visitors to Budapest so it is quite expensive considering it is the sole eating venue for hotel guests. The satff are not overly fast on their feet either.

The hotel staff are helpful, professional and well mannered and the spa is a great way to unwind.

If this hotel has any downside, it is the vast internal courtyard space that is empty. This could be used to provide a great venue for guests to relax with coffees and newspaper on chaise lounges etc.

Overall, I wouldn't hesitate for a second in recommending this hotel. With this hotel, you are in the centre of everything and get to experience a beautiful turn of the century style that epitomises Budapest.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank stefanok
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for three nights, mainly because it looked like a wedding cake from the photos. Inside it was equally tasty. The staff were amazing, very friendly and helpful. The New York Cafe is stunning and a great place to have breakfast. We got upgraded to a superior room, I'm not sure why, I have Marriott Rewards membership, so maybe that paid off. The room was huge, lovely firm king size bed and the blackest of black out curtains. My only complaint is that the spa wasn't the most relaxing if spaces. It's quite small (though looks fabulous) and more than a few people gets quite crowded. The hotel is walking distance from the metro, trams and buses. Getting around Budapest is really easy and it's a beautiful city so makes sure you choose a beautiful hotel to stay at!

• Stayed February 2013