“Beautiful hotel in historic building”

Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection
Ranked #27 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed twice at the Boscolo so far, once I got a normal room, once I got upgraded to a Junior Suite. Eventhough I really don't need a room, where I could play basketball in, I still enjoyed having the space.

The highlight of the Boscolo - as it is the case for all Boscolos - is the building itself. Beautiful historical building with an amazing lobby. Rooms are spacious and bigger than usual. The rest is Marriott standard, I would say. If you often stay in Marriott hotels, you know what you get, at the Boscolo you get just a little more of everything.

Gym is small and only contains the basic essentials, I can't say anything about the SPA, as I didn't go. Breakfast is good, again Marriott standard, nothing special.

Service is great, staff is trying really hard to please the guests.

Location is not as great as the Marriott's Budapest, it is not right downtown but with easy and quick access to downtown.

Overall a really nice hotel with great value for money. Compared to what I paid it's probably the nicest place I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pungissimo
There are newer reviews for Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection

Reviewed January 30, 2013

It's hard for me to judge some times as I work in the hotel industry and have for many years so I see small details some times. Overall it was good, restaurant good friendly staff food ok! A bit expensive but you would expect that! Breakfast very good lots of options, rooms nice lovely bathrooms however small details 2 light bulbs were not working on the bedside lamps, could have done with more hangers. But room was clean. Stayed 3 nights one of the nights left the make up my room sign out at 7 pm came back at 12 am and the room had not been done bit dissatisfied with that. But only happened once, in addition to that asked for an adaptor and they did not have any you would expect to have some in a 5 star hotel, great business Center, location so so! Close to the underground however bit lonely around the area at night but overall for what we paid good P.S. great spa and totally free for guest big thumbs up for that big selling point for the hotel I think.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank DaytoNight
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Valued Guest 'DaytoNight',

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection. I do appreciate your kind and valued feedback.
I'm delighted to see that overall you had a good experience with us and I'm sorry to see that not all details were perfect during your stay.
I would kindly like to inform you that we provide adapters free of charge for our guests upon request and availability, I'm really sorry that in your case we were unable to provide this service. To avoid any issues like this in the future we already purchased new ones and hopefully we can guarantee them for all our guests.
I'm happy to see that our spa area lived up to your expectations and could give a plus to your stay.

With kind regards,

Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Travelled for a weekend with another couple. It just secured the rating i've given due to the marvelous breakfast room with all the ornate gold trappings. It would be tough for any hotel to top this for an internal breakfast dining experience, and the food was of a good standard. Overall Hotel did not keep up the wow factor. The furnishings in the room and in the hall ways lacked a little quality and substance. The period feel was not authentic enough for me. However front desk service was efficient and courteous. Maybe it is down to taste but the ambience was a little too sedate, the constant piano playing stopped being soothing after a while. Still i do not regret the booking as this low season trip was secured at a good price and we have fond memories of a friendly if cold and grey Budapest.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room on a basic tariiff, they only have a few but you might be lucky.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hiroshi1
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Valued Guest 'Hiroshi1',

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection and thank you for your feedback. I'm delighted to see that you consider our breakfast area marvellous and our Front Desk service efficient and courteous. I'm sorry to see that not all part of the hotel kept up with the wow factor but it's nice to see that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us.

With kind regards,

Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Boscolo Budapest. We booked through travel republic and got a good deal that included breakfast for only £3 extra - I would suggest doing this as the breakfast is 16 euros each day!

The lobby was beautiful, the rooms were clean and had everything you needed. The concierge and check in staff were polite and patient with our questions.

The location was brilliant, a short walk into the centre but away from the main hustle and bustle.

Room Tip: Make sure you visit the New York Cafe and have a white strawberry hot chocolate. Delicious!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sophierose23
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a short 1 night stay at mid December.
The hotel is just beautiful with great design and décor. The room was huge; super comfortable and quiet with some nice views from the terrace. I enjoyed it very much.
Service was very good; breakfast was good although I had better.
Price was very reasonable.
I can definitely recommend the Boscolo and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Eitam L
Reviewed January 24, 2013

With my wife and my 7-y.o daughter, stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in November 2012. We chose this hotel online and had a wonderful stay that exceeded our expectations. The building is amazing, like staying in an art gallery! Our room was comfortable. The bathroom was large with marbles and all the amenities that you need. However, since the tub was next to the room, separated with a clear glass door, because of my little daughter there was a problem during the shower!
Hotel lobby is breath taking with the atrium and the New York Café that is an attraction of itself; however I found it a little overestimated.
Location is good, not very close to the centre, but this is not a serious problem, since metro station is 100m from front door of hotel and Budapest is a city that you can walk.
Hotel Boscolo in Budapest was a wonderful experience. If you haven't been, go!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jtk_Greece
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Visited Boscolo with my wife 2012 autumn. Hotel looks like royal palace. Out standard room was pretty fancy - A normal hotel would call it junior suite. Location is nice. You can walk around the city and parks. Nightlife is also quite close but it is good idea to use taxi.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple