“Excellent price/value ratio”

Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection
Ranked #27 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Such a hotel in Manhattan would cost 5 times more! Fantastic price to value ratio. Historic old building with a impressing lobby!
Generous breakfast buffet. The Hotel is part of the Marriott rewards system.
Say hello to Attila, the bell captain...;)

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank CenturionMember
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Valued Guest "CenturionMember",

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest.
I'm delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate your kind feedback.

There are newer reviews for Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We have visited budapest last june and we stayed at queens court hotel. we have chosen this hotel this time because of the location and very architectural.This hotel is absolutely gorgeous & the lobby was magnificent it takes your breath away as soon as you walk in.the restaurant is absolutely gorgeous coffee and a cake definitely overpriced but would definitely stay here again..

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melia B
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear Valued Guest 'Melia B",

Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding your stay with us at Boscolo Budapest. I'm glad to see that we could provide you a breathtaking experience and certainly it would be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Budapest.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had an amazing experience staying here on a recent trip to Budapest for both a pre and post stay for a river cruise.This hotel is absolutely gorgeous, the rooms were spacious and amazing and the service was excellent. The lobby was magnificent and the onsite historic "New York Cafe" restaurant is incredibly beautiful....the only downside being that while the presentation was good, our dinner was very ordinary and quite disappointing. Apparently this restaurant is not owned by the hotel - but since it is onsite and looks so spectacular we expected it to be of a high caliber. We did enjoy the breakfast that they served in the downstairs area. We enjoyed the central location and were able to walk to many attractions. When we stayed our second night after our cruise we were surprised and very impressed when the staff upgraded us to an even larger and more spectacular room. When we left to catch a flight we were too early for breakfast - so the staff kindly sent up a bag of breakfast food that we could eat in our room or take along to the airport. Overall our experience was fantastic and I would highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Our room was at the top and was absolutely beautiful.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TakeaSuitcase

Dear Valued Guest "TakeaSuitcase",

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest and thank you for your precious time spent on providing your kind feedback.
I'm delighted to see that overall you had a fantastic stay with us and it is very nice to see that our rooms fulfilled your expectations.
I'm also glad that our service lived up to satisfy your needs and your kind recommending us is much appreciated.
I am sorry to see that the dinner you had did not live up to your expectations but I do hope you may consider it as one off and not indicative of the quality we provide at all times. I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back and all our services will provide you a memorable experience.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Wonderful stay. Hotel rooms were spacious and comfortable. We took advantage of the complimentary spa, after long hours of walking and visiting the christmas markets. Would definately stay there again. New York Cafe was definitaley overpriced, but we treated to coffee and cake once. Beautiful and lovely presentation. Location of hotel was a bit far, but we didn't mind the walk.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank msb0nd

Dear Valued Guest "msb0nd',

Thank you very much for your kind feedback given on Tripadvisor.com regarding your stay with us at Boscolo Budapest.
I'm delighted to see that overall you had a great time with us and I'm glad to see that you could take adventage of our nice Spa area after your long days.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back once your plans bring you to Budapest again.

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Visited Budapest recently and chose this hotel because of the location and 5 stars. On arrival the reception and open plan lobby take your breath away. Reception service is very good. We asked for tickets to go on the parliment tour that we couldn't get ourselves. The receptionist called around and got some within a few minutes. They also suggested some great restautants in the area.
Didn't have time to try the hotel spa but if it is up to the same standards as the hotel, it should be worth trying.
However, 2 things let down the 5 star rating...housekeeping and the NY cafe. When we came back from visiting the city after leaving after breakfast the room hadn't been cleaned. At 6pm, when either in the shower or having a siesta...lots of walking...we got a knock on the door. Because we needed towels and or toiletries the maid came in and spent 10 mins cleaning, leaving us standing there with nothing to do. This happened ever day!
The other thing was the restaurant. Lovely atmosphere, loads of history, nice presentation but food was a bit bland. Reception at the hotel also gave us a card when we reserved, giving us a free glass of champagne in the cafe. Obviously we accepted, but in the end found the champagne on the bill at 10 euros each...
Overall, more 4 star than 5 compared to most country standards. Good but could be a little bit better.

2  Thank tommyauvergne

Dear Valued Guest "tommyauvergne",

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for your precious time spent on sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.
I'm glad to see that our property and our Reception exceeded your expectations and my colleagues proved to be great help to ease your time in Budapest. I regret to see that you had no time to experience our Spa area but I would kindly like to assure you that it would provide you a memorable experience next time you would be staying us.
I'm sorry to see that not all our services lived up to your expectations and I do appreciate your valued feedback which gives us lead on fields we have to improve. Please accept my most sincere apologizes regarding the lack of great housekeeping service and I would kindly like to inform you that we already checked the reasons causing delay in servicing your room. I hope our extra efforts put in to provide excellent service to our guests will have the effect to avoid any issue like the one you encountered in the future.
I'm surprised how the gift champagne could be on your bill since it comes for the voucher on a complimentary base.
I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back and provide you a service on all fields that exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was my second time to the hotel. It was a fantastic experience the first time and it was over shadowed by the entrance. My second visit one year later as also been largely successful.

I start with the negatives that the hotel needs to look at. One person on checking when you have a group reservation was not a good idea. I got caught up in group reservation and was annoyed entering the hotel. However i was upgraded when I complained to a junior suite from an executive room so damage limitation .Of course we will never know if i would have got the upgrade anyway!

I had slippers in my room but no dressing gown i asked for it and was given it with no problem. Infact everything i asked for i was given with no problem at all. The front desk staff have got much much better they are friendly and happy. However the room service waiters and domestic staff need to improve on english skills if they want to work in a five star hotel.

The other problem that happened was that i stayed in bed till 2.30pm in the afternoon with a do not disturb sign on the door and some one telephoned me to see if i wanted room service!! note show this to all staff if do not disturb sign is on don't check on them until at least 24 hours after no contact. PLEASE NOTE THIS.

its a very secure hotel with lift key access only to lifts and no visible stairs . After saying all this i will return and hope to enjoy the hotel some more. I have noticed they have added big red numbers over the balcony for location purposes.. its look a bit tacky and spoils the beautiful building so please do remove this.

I hope if you are reading this its not putting you off. the majority of my stay was outstanding with a real relaxing time and a lovely spa too. I am just extremely picky and always believe there is room for improvement. Positive words about this hotel are ultra clean , ultra friendly , ultra delight.

Room Tip: standard rooms are bit basic always have a executive big difference.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank gavinchambers

Dear Valued Guest "gavinchambers",

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest and thank you very much for your precious time spent on sharing your kind feedback on Tripadvisor.
I'm delighted to see that our improvements since your last visit to Boscolo Budapest could result a more enjoyable stay with us and I do appreciate your valued feedback regarding the fields in need for improvement.
I'm sorry for keeping you waiting during check in period and not being able to provide a smooth and quick check in as we usually do to guarantee the highest level of comfort. I'm glad to see that our Junior Suite has won over you and I would kindly like to assure you we checked the reasons why you had to ask for dressing gown instead of having it provided upon arrival. I believe our efforts will result higher guest satisfaction.
I would kindly like to assure you that our guests' privacy is one of the privileges we take most seriously so please accept my apology for interrupting your relaxation.
Considering your feedback regarding the big red numbers I would kindly like to inform you that as part of the Christmas decoraction we transferred our cloisters to an Advent calendar and the numbers disapper day by day getting closer to Christmas Day. As soon as Christmas is here our nice property will be visible in its original stunning way without any big numbers and will provide again a breathtaking impression.
I do appreciate again your valued comment and I believe our constant efforts put in improvement will result our services exceeding your expectations next time we will have the chance to welcome you back.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just returned from 7 nights at Boscolo Budapest for the knock down price of £470 and what a brilliant hotel it is. The rooms are large and spacious with well equipped bathrooms and the staff were excellent. Try the spa that is styled like an igloo - lovely way to get rid of those aches and pains from sightseeing. The bar had a pianist every night and the salon restaurant is really worth a visit - food and wine excellent and the waiters served with such precision, definitely worth every penny.
Not the best part of town but public transport links are the best I have ever experienced with trams, buses and metros all stopping a few yards away.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spacemonkey5

Dear Valued Guest "Spacemonkey5",

Thank you for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest and thank you for your kind feedback posted on Tripadvisor.
I'm glad to see that overall you had an great experience with us and I'm delighted that our services lived up to your expectations.
I'm also happy to see that our unique Spa has won over you and our treatments could provide an ease after your long days. It is my pleasure to see that the Salon Restaurant charmed you by its excellence and the professional service my colleague provided.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back anytime should your plans bring you back to Budapest.