“My second Trip”

Ranked #30 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
London
“My second Trip”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was my second time to the hotel. It was a fantastic experience the first time and it was over shadowed by the entrance. My second visit one year later as also been largely successful.

I start with the negatives that the hotel needs to look at. One person on checking when you have a group reservation was not a good idea. I got caught up in group reservation and was annoyed entering the hotel. However i was upgraded when I complained to a junior suite from an executive room so damage limitation .Of course we will never know if i would have got the upgrade anyway!

I had slippers in my room but no dressing gown i asked for it and was given it with no problem. Infact everything i asked for i was given with no problem at all. The front desk staff have got much much better they are friendly and happy. However the room service waiters and domestic staff need to improve on english skills if they want to work in a five star hotel.

The other problem that happened was that i stayed in bed till 2.30pm in the afternoon with a do not disturb sign on the door and some one telephoned me to see if i wanted room service!! note show this to all staff if do not disturb sign is on don't check on them until at least 24 hours after no contact. PLEASE NOTE THIS.

its a very secure hotel with lift key access only to lifts and no visible stairs . After saying all this i will return and hope to enjoy the hotel some more. I have noticed they have added big red numbers over the balcony for location purposes.. its look a bit tacky and spoils the beautiful building so please do remove this.

I hope if you are reading this its not putting you off. the majority of my stay was outstanding with a real relaxing time and a lovely spa too. I am just extremely picky and always believe there is room for improvement. Positive words about this hotel are ultra clean , ultra friendly , ultra delight.

Room Tip: standard rooms are bit basic always have a executive big difference.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank gavinchambers
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Valued Guest "gavinchambers",

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest and thank you very much for your precious time spent on sharing your kind feedback on Tripadvisor.
I'm delighted to see that our improvements since your last visit to Boscolo Budapest could result a more enjoyable stay with us and I do appreciate your valued feedback regarding the fields in need for improvement.
I'm sorry for keeping you waiting during check in period and not being able to provide a smooth and quick check in as we usually do to guarantee the highest level of comfort. I'm glad to see that our Junior Suite has won over you and I would kindly like to assure you we checked the reasons why you had to ask for dressing gown instead of having it provided upon arrival. I believe our efforts will result higher guest satisfaction.
I would kindly like to assure you that our guests' privacy is one of the privileges we take most seriously so please accept my apology for interrupting your relaxation.
Considering your feedback regarding the big red numbers I would kindly like to inform you that as part of the Christmas decoraction we transferred our cloisters to an Advent calendar and the numbers disapper day by day getting closer to Christmas Day. As soon as Christmas is here our nice property will be visible in its original stunning way without any big numbers and will provide again a breathtaking impression.
I do appreciate again your valued comment and I believe our constant efforts put in improvement will result our services exceeding your expectations next time we will have the chance to welcome you back.

Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham UK
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just returned from 7 nights at Boscolo Budapest for the knock down price of £470 and what a brilliant hotel it is. The rooms are large and spacious with well equipped bathrooms and the staff were excellent. Try the spa that is styled like an igloo - lovely way to get rid of those aches and pains from sightseeing. The bar had a pianist every night and the salon restaurant is really worth a visit - food and wine excellent and the waiters served with such precision, definitely worth every penny.
Not the best part of town but public transport links are the best I have ever experienced with trams, buses and metros all stopping a few yards away.

1 Thank Spacemonkey5
Dear Valued Guest "Spacemonkey5",

Thank you for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest and thank you for your kind feedback posted on Tripadvisor.
I'm glad to see that overall you had an great experience with us and I'm delighted that our services lived up to your expectations.
I'm also happy to see that our unique Spa has won over you and our treatments could provide an ease after your long days. It is my pleasure to see that the Salon Restaurant charmed you by its excellence and the professional service my colleague provided.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back anytime should your plans bring you back to Budapest.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2012

From the moment we arrived we were given first class service. Our bags were taken off of us at reception and delivered to our room. The speedy and efficient service continued with us being taken to the lift and shown how to get to our room. Room was very large and warm with huge picture window. Huge bed was fantastic a very comfortable. Breakfast in the new York cafe was a treat ever morning. Never have we sat in such magnificent surroundings. Breathtaking. The staff at breakfast could not do enough for you always there with fresh tea or coffee so efficient and hardworking. Faultless. Overall this a beautiful hotel with firstclass service throughout. Budapest is a large city that is very spread out. The hotel is not in the "mayfair " or "Manhattan" side of town. Saying that its a short walk from the upmarket part if thats where you want to be. We enjoyed exploring the area around the hotel and eating in traditional restaurants with locals. We stayed at the hotel for 5 nights and can honestly say some of our best meals were eaten local to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank sonia m
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest "sonia m",

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest.
I'm delighted to see that we could provide you first class service from the very first time until your departure. I'm also glad to see that the stunning atmosphere of our New York Cafe took your breath away and you could enjoy our breakfast in a magnificient surrounding.
It is my pleasure that our services lived up to your expectations and please be assured that your return would be much appreciated.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Great hotel. Luxurious and splendid interiors. Our room wasn't huge but it comfortable. Guys at the reception are super polite. New York Cafe is lovely. Worth visitng. Hotel is not super close to the river and centre which is a bit of a pain. Streets are dark and seem dangerous but they are NOT! There are shops around the hotel such as Spar and ABC which are off licence and sell alcohol at any time - very useful :) Swimming pool is ok, SPA nice, steam room and sauna is as well as the pool are free for guests. Free wifi in our room. We didn't sleep very well but it is because the beds are high and we just dont like it. You get two pillows each - one is too hard and the other is too soft :) I travel a lot and tend to leave reviews on booking.com - never gave 5/5 for cleanliness - I always find at least one hair somewhere - nothing here. Spotless. However the shower needs some cleaning...lime scale stops the water from coming out.

Room Tip: we stayed in 202. no view. the bed is situated in a corner and there is no bedside tables however yo...
1 Thank EuropeanArchitect
Dear Valued Guest "EuropeanArchitect",

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest and thank you very much for providing your valued feedback.
I'm glad to see that overall you had a great experience with us and I'm happy to see that our housekeeping service lived up to your expectations, it's honoring to receive your 5/5 rating.
I appreciate your valued feedback regarding the shower as well and I would kindly like to inform you that we took the necessary actions to provide excellent comfort for our guests. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back and all our service will exceed your expectations.

Venice
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Spent 3 nights over Thanksgiving weekend. Marriott points and pay. Gorgeous open atrium. the New York cafe is a slice of heavenly history. Received upgrade to free breakfast which was fantastic with healthy and other more tasty (less healthy :) ) items to choose from. Best Cappuccino ever outside of Italy. Large Cozy Suite. Welcome message in the room. Great balcony looking towards Buda for a late night Padron. Best of all by far was the entire reception crew. 5 minutes to check in. Awesome restaurant and site seeing recommendations. They all seemed to speak six languages including english with no trouble at all. Wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking out into city instead of courtyard.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Richard F
Dear Valued Guest "Richard F",

Thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Budapest and thank you for your kind feedback.
I'm delighted to see that you could take advantage of our being member of the Marriott Autograph Collection and you had an enjoyable stay with us.
It's great to see that our services exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed our nice selection for breakfast.

Your kind comment is much appreciated and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back anytime.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I spent 2 great night for business and all service staff were nice.
Rooms are large enough and well decorated. Wall papers are made from silk.
New York cafe is highly recommended
At the Spa,indoor pool is not big but still fine, if you want to spent short time and relax at the Spa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MetinSuerkan
Twickenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2012

we stayed two nights at the New York Bolosco in Budapest. This was really a great stay in an excellent hotel. You walk up the steps from the front entrance into the lobby and the 'wow factor' hits you. the building has been converted in a very sympathetic manner from the old kave New York to bring the glamour and class of the original cafe across to the whole hotel.

The front desk staff were helpful, cheerful and welcoming.

the room was excellent - we were upgraded to a junior suite from a superior room, and it was outstanding. The only negatives were a fair bit of traffic noise (we were on the 2nd floor at the front of the hotel, so despite the double glazing you do hear the traffic and especially the trams).

Having said that, this means that the hotel is easy to find/get to and close to excellent transport links - two metro stations within 5 minutes and 10 minutes, as well as the tram. Its a 15-20 minute walk to the centre of town, and 10 minutes to the restaurants of Liszt Ferenc Ter.

the room has all the facilities you need. The bar is cozy, although in line with hotel pricing rather than bar pricing genrally.

The real gem at the hotel, though is the New York Cafe that serves as breakfast room and restaurant, as well as being open to the general public. It has long been a budapest attraction, and deservedly so. it is simply stunning, and breakfast/coffee/lunch/dinner here is an absolute pleasure, in such a beautiful environment. The fresh bread especially is excellent!

The wellness spa is more than adequate, although don't expect to be swimming lengths in the pool. Its more for splashin/sitting about in.

the Cafe New York was known as "the most beautiful cafe in the world'. It must be up there - i have never been in one so elegant. the hotel matches this, in terms of being a top class hotel. Thank you - i expect we will return.

Room Tip: There is some traffic noise at the front of the hotel.
1 Thank Jim H