“First class hotel and excellent attention from concierge”

Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection
Ranked #28 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed September 30, 2012

First time in Budapest, had a wonderful expierence. Everyone gave us an exceptional welcome and service throughout our stay. In partcular front desk concierge Aron Szucs always gave us the best and most accurate/usefull information, and had the best attitude, very friendly and polite. Both he and the front desk manager were very helpfull at leting us extend our stay at the hotel due to the Lufthansa strike. Service at the restaurant in the evening needs a little improvement as well as the bar. Overall highly recommended. The building itself is a work of art and they did great with the orchids! Truly a five star experience overall.

1  Thank Maricarmen B
Write a ReviewReviews (3,667)

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I was in Budapest for a business trip, and I have a friend that work for Boscolo. He asked to give me a nice room and they didn't do it. A very rude no-welcome man (trying very badly to talk in Italian) said that was the best room available...
I had an expensive rate including breakfast, and when I went to brkfast in the morning they asked me an extra charge for a Cappuccino!!!! It was not included!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
The room nice in furniture and very big, but with nothing special in terms of products. I was at Four Season in April and that was a real 5 stars. The towels were yellowish. No radio/iphone station on side bed table, but only a chinese 5$ alarm clock!!
Hotel structure amazing, New York bar amazing but with unpolite rude waiters!!! expensive but it worth trying at least once!!
Last bad point: it is located in a bad far district of the city...but again I was custom to the super central Four Season in front of the river and Chains bridge.

Room Tip: front view, side are ugly streets!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank travellAround8
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This was my second visit at Budapest and Boscolo as well.
I got the same high quality service as my previous stay in January and the hotel still has an impressive atmosphere for the second time as well. This building is amazing!
The reception staff is always on top, they really do the extra mile to give the best recommendations for a lunch or dinner or organize free time activities in the city. And special thanks to the 'modell look' young lady at the reception desk who was so smiling upon my arrival - she just made my day after a long flight!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank SZKE
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel is simply amazing. By far the most exquiste hotel I have ever stayed. The cafe decor is breath taking. The staff was wonderful. A little language barrier with the room service staff but there was always someone there to help out. Over all highly recommened and plan to stay here my visit back to Budapest...Oh yeah one down size I left post cards with front desk to mail and I havent received that as of yet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kendr390
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We spent 2 nights at Boscolo Budapest and I can say that it is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed. The behaviour of the front desk staff, concierge and bell men were perfect and very professional. They all speak excellent English. To be honest our stay at this hotel was absolutely first class.
Breakfast was fantastic, but I have to mention that the service is quite slow.
The hotel was perfectly located for all of our needs. We really enjoyed the time we spent there and we would stay there again.

1  Thank Kate H
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights. It was my first time in Budapest. I found the hotel to be in a great location. I was debating at staying at the Marriott over looking the Danube, from the looks of the Marriott from the outside I feel I made the best decision. We had an amazing room, the New York suit and could not have asked for a better place to unwind after nearly 24 hours of traveling. Living room, huge bedroom, marbel bathroom, balcony and changing area. Martin, the front desk supervisor was so professional and a great asset to the hotel. He helped me tremendously! Tamas was kind as well. This is truly a luxury hotel, glade I had the opportunity to experience it. I would recommend it to all visiting Budapest!

1  Thank Mallory B
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear Valued Guest 'Mallory B',

Thank you very much for your kind feedback placed on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Boscolo Budapest. I'm delighted to see that overall you had a great experience with us.
I'm glad that you found our nice New York Suite and our serive lived up to your expectations.Your kind recommending Boscolo Budapest is much appreciated and certainly it would be our pleasure to welcome you back anytime should your plans bring you to Budapest.

With kind regards,
Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Nice hotel and tried the NYC Breakfast.

Was seated but then staff were just running past us, and not serving anyone looking busy!

Basically sat us upstairs, and said the buffet breakfast was downstairs!? But no one showed us this or others that were there on the day. We just went down and helped ourselves..!

They refused to even bring Jam to the guy next to us as it wasnt included on his menu of croissants!!! unbelievable!!!

The bill came and they discounted it as they didn't know what they were doing and thought it wasnt fair we were treated so badly!

Nice atmosphere, but poor pompous staff

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Valued Guest 'Mothma',

Thank you very much for your stay with us at Boscolo Budapest. I'm really sorry to see that our breakfast service was kind that was not satisfactory. I'm also really sorry that this bad experience had such a negative impression on the whole stay. I would kindly like to call your attention that our breakfast procedure has just changed and now we offer more choice for our guests. Upon receiving the first feedbacks we put more efforts to provide a smoother and more comfortable service for our guests.
I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back and you'll enjoy a very comfortable stay with us accompanied by an excellent service.

With kind regards,