I travelled to Budapest for my 40th with some friends. On arrival, my travelling partner and I were given a large room but with a single double bed instead of twin beds as requested. The problem was sorted, but it took a while. The room we eventually got was much smaller, however it was clean and quiet as it faced the 'back' of the hotel.
I have stayed in many hotels and endured many experiences but I was annoyed about three things in particular:
1) The bathroom door was semi-transparent with a one inch gap around it! D'oh! Who designs something like this??? NOT a very private affair no matter how well you know your travelling partner!! The shower floor also flooded after a while resulting in standing in a few inches of (soapy) water.
2) The floor was made of wood and the bed had wheels so it moved everytime I did!
3) The lounge, bar & library areas are smoking zones which I found very unpleasant. I appreciate that Hungarian smoking rules are not strict as they are in the UK, but I honestly couldn't take it and had to leave the rooms.
All in all, a mediocre experience which was a shame as the city itself is stunning - very romantic and full of fantastic sights. The hotel's location is a little tucked away in back streets, but central enough to the river and Metro. I'm not sure I would ever go back to this hotel.
Hints: Avoid the nearby local Irish pub. What a dump! Be sure to use a map as the inner city street design can be confusing, especially at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Parlament is a delicate four stars boutique hotel in the city centre of Budapest, close to the Houses of Parliament, the river Danube and the biggest shopping mall of the city.Easy to reach with two metro lines which stations are five minutes walking from the hotel. The hotel provides complimentary internet usage for the guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Parlament reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Budapest
- Budapest Best Western