“Exceptional”

Ranked #5 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Mansfield Vic Australia
“Exceptional”
Reviewed June 3, 2010

This is the best hotel I have stayed in in Europe, in respect of cleanliness, service and food.They have a lovely sitting room with coffee on tap, newspapers, bottled water and nibbles. Their breakfast offers a comprehensive range from fruit salad through cold meat and and cheese etc to bacon and eggs. The breakfast room is spotless with excellent service. The decor of the hotel is modern inside a heritage building and the interior decor is lovely.The hotel also offers free access to Sauna and Jacuzzi. I found the personnel on the desk to be most obliging and very helpful. There is a small restaurant not far away which offers local cuisine at moderate prices.
Judith Hill Mansfield Victoria Australia

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Judith001
merenyi, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this review, June 24, 2010
Dear Ms. Judith Hill,

Thank you again for having chosen our Best Western Premier Hotel Parlament for your vacation. I was pleased to read that you were satisified with our location, décor, buffet breakfast as well as with our complimentary services like wellness room usage and Lounge Bar. Also I do appriciate and was glad to recon that you have higlighted our team's courteousness and obliging demenaor since we are all striving to provide exceptional service to our guests. We are really happy that we can made your vacation enjoyable and we are very much looking forward to your soon return to Budapest and to our Best Western Premier Hotel Parlament.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Hi Travelers,
I recently stayed at the Hotel Parlament in Budapest. The accomodations were good. The breakfasts were excellent. The location was very central. But what really set the place apart in my mind was the assistance given to me and my son by the staff of the hotel. Hungarian is not a user friendly language, atleast to me. That in itself made for many potential challenges. We did not have long to stay in the city. Thus we had to incredibly efficient about getting the most we could out of the time we had. Fortunately we were blessed. At every turn of the road, we were helped, guided and assisted by an incredibly friendly staff. The manager of the hotel was a man by the name of Gregg. He was so helpful. In my opinion, he belied the basic nature of the hungarians. He offered guidance, suggestions, observations which made our stay in that city memorable. He pointed out things to do that we would not have ordinary done. That made the all the difference to me and my son.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Dixon42
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2010

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel. my room was clean, the bathroom well appointed (though had a bath but no bath tap), the staff fairly helpful, the braeakfast excellent. I think it's a better business base than tourist base. It just doesn't have much character.
my room was a little compact, but still perfectly good. the beds were on wheels which was annoying if reading against the headboard - you felt the bed move across theroom.
There is a fridge but no tea and coffee making facilities in the room - there are vending machines which can be used on a 24hour basis in the breakfast room so if you want an early morning bew before going down for breakfast, bring a kettle.
Free internet access.
Location is okay - I made the mistake of walking away from Parliament along the main road to St Stpehen's basilica the 1st night and felt distinctly unsafe. However walking the other way towards parlament and the tram/metro was fine.
There's a good irish bar not too far away for something quick to eat and a couple of supermarkets within easy distance.

The Budapest card is great if you are going to use the public transport alot but possibly not worth it if you are planning on walking and seeing lots of the sites. No free entry anywhere on the card.
The staff will try and sell you the tours for Parlament instead ofgetting tickets for free - don't bother, you can walk down there and get them.

as I say a good hotel, but just not my cup of tea.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Hereford
Reviewed May 19, 2010

Just spent 3 nights at the Hotel Parlament and it is a very good, clean, smart, modern hotel.
It's maintained to an excellent standard and everything looked as if it was new.

Check in was handled very quickly and efficiently, I was in the room within 5 minutes! The room was allocated had 2 single beds pushed together and the room had built in wardrobe with a small LCD tv at the end of the bed with around 15~20 channels. The bathroom was excellent with a shower, sink and toilet which I have to say was beautiful. The shower was a power shower that did get hot.

The breakfast selection was ok, with Bacon, Sausages, Fried Eggs or Omelets. Then a small selection of cereals. However there is only limited seating in the foyer area and people had to use an overflow meeting room. If you go late for breakfast, it is a scramble to find seating. But the food, coffee and fresh Orange juice was good.

There is also free wifi in the building and 2 pc's for use in the foyer which worked great. As well as a jacuzzi (I think) which I never used.

Location is out from the center, maybe 10~15 minute walk, but it was near a local Irish bar which was about ~700 forints for a beer, where as there are some local bars nearby which were ~290 forints. There is also a massive shopping center some 10 mins from the hotel (under the flyover).

Very good hotel, but you do need to do some walking.

• Stayed May 2010
Hereford,England
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Stayed in the Hotel Parlament for 3 nights in May 2010 and although whenever I go abroad I tend to stay in apartments I decided this time to try out this hotel. I am now very pleased that I did.

I was VERY impressed by the hotel and especially the staff. Victor, the concierge, was incredibly helpful and was a wealth of knowledge. The rooms were excellent and I had one of the rooms that had a balcony.

There is a comfortable room in the hotel where you can have free drinks and snacks that seats about 30 people. I went with a group of us and we tended to meet up in this room.

The location of the hotel was within easy walking distance of the shops and main squares, and I even walked across the bridge to Buda to see the palace and castle, although I did get a taxi back. The hotel gave me the phone number of a reputable taxi company who charge normal (not tourist) rates.

The Hotel also arranged taxis to and from the airport (cost about £9 each) which is about ½ hour drive away, and this was simply added to the hotel bill.

Don’t be put off that the Hotel is a Best Western. It has the feel of a well run, very friendly family hotel.

Overall, it is one of the best hotels I have stayed in and I have no hesitation of recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
merenyi, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this review, May 21, 2010
Dear Mr. Mark Rawlings,

Thank you for your positive comment! It was our pleasure to welcome you and your party in our Best Western Premier Hotel Parlament recently. I was delighted to read that our services have met your expectations. We do appreciate that you have recognized our staff’s professionalism and their service minded attitude. Thank you also for mentioning Viktor's efforts at the Front desk, it meant a lot to him. We are really happy that we can made your vacation memorable and we are looking forward to your soon return to Budapest and to the Best Western Premier Hotel Parlament.
Mevasseret
Reviewed May 17, 2010

The hotel is very pleasant, clean and at central location.
Staff very helpful and kind.
Two drawback - the bedside lamps are not comfortable for reading in bed. and the glass door of the bathroom does not fully closed and deprives a snese of privacy

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear "Donvasterfamily",

Thank you for your kind note and personal recognition. We are glad to read that you were satisfied with the hotel's location, room the quality of our buffet breakfast as well as with our complimentary services offered by our Wellness room and by our Lounge Bar with daily complementary coffee, tea and mineral water consumption. We do appreciate that you have recognized our staff’s professionalism along with their service minded attitude. It was our pleasure to welcome you and we do hope that we will have the opportunity to have you back in the Best Western Premier Hotel Parlament in the near future.
Doncaster, S. Yorks.
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Hotel is in good location - within walking distance of many places of interest. Easy stroll to Chain Bridge and also convenient for metro station. Rooms are quiet, comfortable and well appointed. Lovely bathroom with great shower. No tea & coffee making facilities in the room though, which would have been appreciated. Breakfast room in basement is light and airy with plenty of choices both hot & cold. Staff are friendly and efficient. There is also a bar at the hotel and a "Wellness Suite" including whirlpool bath.
Bars and restaurants within easy walking distance. We had a pleasant stay in Budapest and would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple