“All that an european hotel must be !”
Review of Hotel Parlament

Hotel Parlament
Ranked #5 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Chisinau
“All that an european hotel must be !”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This hotel is very good. Situated very close to all main attractions. Just few steps from Parlament and Danube river. Stuff makes this hotel awesome, very helpful!
Rooms are not huge but good , a little too firm pillows though.
There si a very nice restaurant situated close to that hotel and only cause of it i would pick that hotel again - taste again that amazing hungarian local cuisine! Restaurant is Hungarikum bistro. Both hotel and restaurant nearby made my time in Budapest just brilliant!
Truly recomend!

1 Thank Santara M
TiborSzajcz, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear „Santara M”,

Thank you for staying at our Hotel Parlament during your recent visit to Budapest! It is a pleasure for us to read your kind words about our services. I am delighted to recon that our hotel’s central location and your hotel room all have satisfied your expectations and that you had a memorable and „brilliant” stay with us. Thank you for highlighting our team as well! As we believe that the spirit of a hotel is its team I am always glad to receive such comments on our staff like yours! Thank you!

I am happy to hear that the nearby Budapest Bistro restaurant also have met your expectations and you could taste all sorts of local dishes.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you back again in our Hotel Parlament when your travel plans bring you back to Budapest!

With kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
USA
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Friends raved about this hotel, so my expectations were high when I spent a week here - and I was not disappointed. The public areas were inviting; despite a traditional facade, the feel is contemporary without being stark, and guests sprawled comfortably in lounges and couches. My room was immaculate; not huge, but certainly not confining, though the bed on wheels was sometimes unsettling. The bathroom made smart use of space, and I never felt at risk of banging into corners in the dark, as often happens in hotels. Let me save my highest praise for the staff - without exception, they were warm and welcoming, helpful and kind, well-informed and quick to offer suggestions. I would come back for them alone.

As for breakfast, I was impressed with many options on the first morning. And the second. And the third. And then I started to hope for a little variety. Make no mistake, I ate well and enjoyed it thoroughly, but a little change-up over time would be welcome. The staff were quick to clear used tableware, and the cooks constantly replenished dishes in small batches, keeping everything fresh and hot; they were all pleasant but unobtrusive - just right for morning.

So, a few things I wish I'd known - small, small things: I would have brought my own toiletries; the hotel's all smelled like shaving cream, and there was shampoo but no conditioner. I would have brought a hand towel, especially since soap came in tiny cakes - fine for washing your hands but not so good in the shower - and the towels were not practical for body wash. I would have brought more 'toys'; TV was just so-so - a lot of languages, but mostly news channels (and the English channels in my room never worked; can't complain, though, since I never got around to telling the front desk).

Next time I head to Budapest, I won't even bother checking other options - this one is a keeper!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ayyar
Dear „ayyar”,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on your recent stay in our Hotel Parlament. I am pleased to read that although you have arrived with high expectations you have not been disappointed at all with our product and services.
I am delighted that the style and comfort of our public areas, the cleanliness of the room have all met your approval as well.
I am happy to read that our team could contribute to an even enjoyable stay for you with their informative and helpful service minded attitude. It is also a pleasure for us to hear that you could start your days with a hearty full breakfast and that you were contended with our buffet selection in general.
I would like to kindly inform you that your feedback is highly valued as it helps us a lot to better understand our guests’ needs and being able to develop in order to provide exceptional guest service.

Thank you again for staying with us!
It would be the greatest pleasure for us if we would be able to welcome you back again in our Hotel Parlament during your next visit to Budapest.

Sincerely yours,
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had a marvellous stay, at the hotel. The hotel provided my wife with a little present of chocolates and drink to celebrate her birthday which was a surprise. The hotel location is excellent with a lot of locations within walkable distance. The are a large range of restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk. All the staff were extremely helpful and the service was excellent.

Room Tip: Room facing the back overlooking the atrium is quieter.
2 Thank Malcolm M
Dear „Malcolm M”,

thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experiences with us and with the traveler community of Tripadvisor. It was our pleasure to welcome you for such a special occasion as your wife’s birthday and we are more than happy that we have had the chance to surprise her with a little present on your arrival day. I am pleased to read that you could take advantage of our central location and you reached most of the sights you wanted to visit on foot. I would like to thank you for your kind feedback on our helpful and service minded personnel. I am glad that you have been satisfied with our services and we were able to be at your assistance during your stay with us.

It was our pleasure to host you and we would be happy to have the chance to welcome you back in our Hotel Parlament in the near future.

With best regards from Budapest,
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was so surprised to get a little box of chocolates for my birthday. It made all the difference. How nice! The room was clean and provided breakfast there without extra charge and the staff seemed surprised when I offered a tip.It is a nice enough area and very well connected by public transport and I cannot think I would want to go anywhere else. It is convenient enough from the airport - no complicated metro changes. The decor is rather dull, black and white photographic images if you like that sort of thing and chocolate colours on the walls but there is a decent range of television programmes and the shower works well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Imogen W
Dear „Imogen W”,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for having chosen our Hotel Parlament for your recent stay in Budapest. Thank you very much for your kind review and your valuable feedback. It was our greatest pleasure to welcome you for your birthday and we are happy if our little present served as a nice surprise for you. I am glad to read that you have been satisfied with our services and the complimentary breakfast delivered to your room has also met your approval. I am also delighted to read that our central location made it easy for you to get around in the city easily by public transportation.
We are very much looking forward to welcome you back again when your travel plans bring you back to our lovely capital. Please feel free to contact us anytime for future assistance.

With kind regards,
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I can't understand why this property is categorized as 4 star and gets such high reviews on TripAdvisor.
Had it been a 3 star hotel I would have rated it as an average (3 out of 5). But given it is 4 star - I was greatly disappointed.

Cons:
- location is not really in front of the Parlament as the name would mislead you to think
- the room was pretty small and basic:
--- the bed is on wheels and keeps moving if you sit on it and lean against the wall
--- the bathroom had a shower only (no bath tub)
--- no bath robe
--- there was no coffee quipment like kettle
--- no iron in the room

- the shared wellness area is exgtremely small - can barely fit in 3 people
- breakfast area is small and crowded - you have no privacy because the other tables are so close to yours
- they have umbrellas that you can borrow - but when I needed one they ran out of umbrellas (is it so hard to have a number of umbrellas equivalent to the number of rooms ??)

the only upside is that the free internet worked fine in the room.

3 Thank elodTlv
merenyitamas, General Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear „elodTlv”

thank you very much for having chosen our Hotel Parlament for your recent stay in Budapest. We do appreciate your valuable and detailed feedback about your experiences during your stay with us, however please allow me to respond to some of your issues as follows:
- I regret to read that we did not meet your expectations with regards of the location of our property. I would like to call your kind attention though that the name of the hotel does not come from the fact that the hotel is overlooking onto the Houses of Parliament but refers to its closeness to it. I am sure that our hotel descriptions found online and in travel brochures are not misleading with respect of the location as it is one of, if not the most important factor for tourist when choosing a hotel hence we are keen on providing accurate information on it.
- I am sorry that the size and equipment of our rooms also have not satisfied your expectations. As our Hotel Parlament is a 4 star city hotel we indeed not offering luxurious facilities to our guests but the kind of guest service and product that meet the standards of the Hotel Stars Union hotel classification criteria and also, which we do believe are meeting our guests anticipations that are seeking for boutique style accommodation located in the hub of the city.
I am disappointed to read your opinion about the room and the comfort of the bed as well. I would like to kindly call your attention to that prior to your arrival we did not have the information on your request for a room with a bath tub. On the other hand though, we have tried to accommodate all your known requests namely your demand for a non-smoking double room with a queen bed. As on the day of your arrival our hotel was fully booked we indeed were not able to change your room into a non smoking double room that has a bath tub however as I have been informed by our Front Office Manager who assisted you upon your check in we have tried our best and offered you the possibility to switch rooms on the next day.
- With respect of your comment on „ no bath robe” I would like to point out that all of our services are listed in our Guest Directory which can be found on the desktop in our guest rooms. I am sorry to note that you could not find the desired information that we are pleased to offer bath robes to every guest upon request at the front desk.
- I regret to recon your reflection that „there was no coffee equipment like kettle” although I am sure that you could take advantage of our complimentary coffee, tea and mineral water service offered in our Lounge Bar daily until 17:00pm and of our 24 hour, complimentary coffee/ tea service in our breakfast room while staying with us.
- Regarding the ‘missing’ iron in your room I would like to inform you that for safety reasons we do not provide irons in our rooms although there is a separate ironing room that is open for every guest of ours also on a complimentary basis. I am sure that if we would have known about your need for an iron my colleagues at the reception would have happily informed you about the possibility of ironing.
- I am sorry that the size of our wellness area has not met your approval either. I would like to point out that we are offering our wellness services (sauna, Jacuzzi) only as an additional service on a complimentary basis to all of our guests for this reason the size of this area is proportional to the size of our hotel.
- I am reading with regret that our breakfast room was not the kind that you were expecting either with respect of its size and set up of tables. However I truly hope that our rich buffet breakfast could ease your disappointment and you could have a nice start of your days with a hearty breakfast.
- Last but not least I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience experienced with the umbrellas. I would like to inform you that your comment is important for us and we have made the necessary steps to be even better prepared with umbrellas for our guests.

I am pleased to read about your positive experiences as well. I am happy that you have been satisfied with our complimentary wireless Internet.
I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to share your experiences and opinion with us here on TripAdvisor. Despite of this I wish we had been able to have a discussion of your problems upon arrival or during your stay. I am convinced that we would have been able to find solutions for some of them and provide you information about existing services that you were missing.

I hope that despite of the negative impressions you had a good time in Budapest and you were able to enjoy your city break

With best regards,

Reka Patakfalvi
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very good service and attention. Very clean and confortable. Wonderful beds.I will go back.
I travelled for business purpose and I used the massage service, great! Is ver well located for having dinner or just walk to relax after a day work.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
merenyitamas, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear „rafael m”,

Thank you very much for having chosen our Hotel Parlament for your recent business trip in Budapest. I am pleased to read that our clean and comfortable guest room, our cozy bed and our services have all met your expectations. I am happy to hear that you have had a chance to try out our relaxing massage services during your stay and you could take advantage of our central location as well, which is indeed perfect for a little walk and to find a nearby restaurant for a nice Hungarian meal.
It was our pleasure to host you during your stay in Budapest and we are very much looking forward to welcome you back next time again when your plans bring you back to our lovely city.

Have a nice day and best regards,

Tamas Merenyi
Front Office Manager
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Just spent 4 nights at the hotel parlament in Budapest.

Service was excellent; staff efficient, pleasant and always with a smile.
Breakfast was very generous and tasty.
Rooms were spacious, clean and modern.
The bed was superb! Large, and the mattress was firm.

The location is excellent. It is close to parliament and to most central attractions on the Pest side of the city.

Just a lovely little hotel!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dahoui
Dear „dahoui”,

First and foremost let me thank you for staying with us in our Best Western Premier Hotel Parlament. We are very grateful for your kind feedback here on Tripadvisor and we very much do appreciate you recommending us to your fellow travelers.
I am pleased to read that you have been satisfied with our tasty and large breakfast offer, our clean and spacious guest room and I am most delighted about your feedback on our „superb” bed and comfortable mattress. Thank you very much for your kind compliments on our friendly and „always smiling” personnel; I am happy to hear that we could have provided you with an excellent and efficient service during your stay. Thank you very much once again for your valuable feedback.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future again when your travel plans bring you back to our lovely Budapest. In case I can be at your further assistance please feel free to contact me directly anytime.

With best regards,