“Where to stay in Budapest”
Review of Hotel Parlament

Hotel Parlament
Ranked #7 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Best Western Premier Hotel Parlament in Budapest is a real gem. It is centrally located near restaurants, tourist sites and shopping. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and have everything one might need. The morning buffet breakfast is wonderful and includes something for every traveler, regardless of his home.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a good view but are a little noisy. Buses and trackless trollies run on the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,390)

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We got a fantastic deal for five nights at this hotel. It is a quiet area but everything is within very easy walking distance. Rooms are spotlessly clean, light, airy and modern. Yes pillows are thin but all you have to do is ask and you can have as many as you want!

Breakfast was excellent - cereals, fruit, yogurt, juices (you could even juice your own grapefruit if you wanted), a selection of cold meats, cheeses, olives, salad, hot dishes - bacon/eggs/ frankfurters and rolls and pastries.

There is a small lounge areas where tea, coffee and water are free until 5pm when the bar opens.

The staff were so helpful and polite. One tip - if you want to visit the Parliament Building (which is well worth it and takes about 50 mins) don't queue for tickets just ask at the hotel reception desk. They will email and arange tickets for you for the following day.

There is a really good Spar shop just near Parliament and a large Aldi is about to open about 2 mins from the hotel.

Nearby restaurants well worth a visit are ' The Cat in the Sack' and the slightly more intimate and a little more expensive, Cafe Bouchon - both just a 5 min walk away.
We loved our visit - a great city break in a really good hotel.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I went for a 3 night break to Budapest at the beginning of October. We chose this hotel because of the great reviews on Tripadvisor and I have to say they were all true and we were not disappointed.

This is a great hotel in an ideal location for getting around the city. The staff were very friendly and really helpful, they very kindly arranged an airport transfer from and back to the airport for us, with the added bonus of letting us put the cost of the taxi onto our room .

The entire hotel was very clean and very modern, the bedrooms are very well designed and quiet at night. The breakfast was plentiful with lots of choice.

This is a great hotel in a good location, I would definitely recommend it to anyone travelling to Budapest, a fantastic city to explore.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Got a great deal at the Parlament with Jet2 holidays. It is in a nice, but rather quiet location. It is on the outskirts of the city centre, but a 10-15 minute walk (or if you're really lazy, a ride on the tram or metro from Parlament) will bring you into the thick of the action. Staff were great, especially Omar and Atilla in the bar who recommended us good bars and a good restaturant. I have probably one issue (and its minor) with this hotel and its that the bar is not open until 5pm (although tea coffee and water is available 24/7 from fridges in the bar).

The rooms were nice and spotlessly clean, very modern with the added plus of a balcony, something I wasn't expecting. Something I did expect that wasn't there was a hospitality tray which i thought was a shame, its nice to have your own tea or coffee in the room without having to go down to the bar area to get one! The wellness room was a fantastic, perfect to relax in after a long day exploring and detoxing from the night before! Breakfast too was good, being English i like a cooked breakfast as opposed to continental, so it was nice of there to be Omelette's, fried eggs, bacon and grilled tomatoes to have as well, it was nice of them to cater for everyone.

This is a great little hotel in a good quiet location in central Budapest, I would definitely recommend it to anyone travelling to Budapest, which is a fantastic city to visit.

Room Tip: Rooms over the atrium are quieter, also if you're travelling with friends like me, contact to th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jbr91
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

First the positives of this hotel: Very quiet, very helpful staff, very nice breakfast buffet and a very clean modern room. It is quite a distance from city center but the metro will get you here quickly. We found there to be a few drawbacks. The showers are designed such that with each shower the bathroom floor floods. I notified the staff but based on their response I believe they have heard this before. There was a small leak at the sink which they corrected the next day. No washcloths are provided and there is an intermittent unpleasant odor throughout the room.
The staff gave us extra towels to use as washcloths. The odor did not occur until our last day here.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank PaulaZC
merenyi, Front Office Manager at Hotel Parlament, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Dear “PaulaZC”,
First and foremost let me thank you for having chosen our Hotel Parlament for your recent stay in our lovely capital. We very much appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experiences with us and you honor us with your valuable feedback.
I would like to thank you for your kind words on our friendly and helpful staff, our nice breakfast offer and I am very much pleased as well that you have liked the design and decor of our Hotel. However I regret to read that our hotel did not meet your expectations in certain aspects; please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had experienced in the bathroom, let me ensure you about that we are already working on solving the mentioned problems. I am happy to hear tough that we could have fixed the leaking water right after you reported the problem to our colleagues at reception. I would like to apologize for our shortness in washcloths.
I truly hope that inspite of this you could have enjoyed your city break with us and we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our Hotel Parlament in the future again.
Please feel free to contact me directly should your travel plans bring you back to our lovely Budapest!
With kind regards,

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed our three day stay at the Parlament Hotel.
Situated in the political and business area of the city it is a little way out from most of the main city attractions.
However, the beautiful Parlament building is only a five minute walk away. Beckets Irish Bar is just round the corner.
The hotel has been beautifully refurbished – the whole place was spotless.
The bedrooms were clean and fresh, the beds comfortable.
Breakfast was very good, and it was good to have complimentary tea and coffee served all day (until 5pm) in the bar area.
The spa pool and sauna was a welcome relief to the body and feet after a long day exploring the city.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
The only slightly quirky thing was the modern door design in the bedroom (to the bathroom) and changing area in the spa area – frosted glass, but with a 1 inch gap all the way round!

Room Tip: Couryard facing rooms are quieter
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed 3 nights in late July. We were very impressed with the hotel - room was fresh and very clean, breakfast was excellent and the hotel staff at reception were very friendly and helpful, and recommended good local restaurants for dinner. We also thought it was excellent value for money and we would stay there again should we revisit Budapest.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple