Queen Mary Hotel
Ambra Hotel(Budapest)
  • Bar/Lounge
Oktogon Hostel(Budapest)
View Hotel
All reviewscomfortable roomscentral locationpublic transportmetro stationminibarreceptiontvcity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I considered this hotel because the location was great and the price was affordable. Boy did I make a mistake! The staff members were very rude and not helpful! I was extremely suprised when I came into the hotel the first day and at the front desk I was given the towel that I used because it had a makeup stain! The smell in the room was bad. They claimed that they needed to use a spray to get rid of the bugs on the carpet. I was disgusted to put my belongings on the chairs or shelves. I slept there one night because I was so tired from traveling. The next day I checked out and I lost money because I booked for three nights.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M F
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We arrived at Hotel 1.30am for a 2 night stay. Very friendly lady on reception. The room was spotlessly clean and very quiet had a great sleep. Breakfast was perfect as I dont have cooked at home. Considering the price of accom I wasnt expecting a free breakfast. Great location. yes we will stay here again .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2012

The male staff by the breakfast was very impolite: breakfast is from 7 until 10 am. At 10 o'clock he closed the door, was no more entry allowed and was very nervous and spoke rudely with us. Terribble! Ther were many people from abroad: it is very wrong for the famous of our contry.
Please the hotel, send this man for a hotel-staff- training, because, he needs to explain, how to care about travellers.
The woman at the recepcions-desk was very polite and helpfull.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We spent here 4 nights in July 2011, when we transferred from a different hotel that we didn't liked
We had a runny sink all the days, we talked with the manager, but they said that the sink is not running, but each time we used it, we had the floor wet. We asked for a different room with a normal sink, but they didn't had any more rooms available.
The breakfast was normal, with not so many options from where to pick, the coffee was very light but in the end an average breakfast included in the room price.
The bedsheets, not the cleanest in the world; for internet we had to give a warranty of 20 euros for the cable, and when we left we received the warranty back.
There is a parking very close to the hotel, and you can reach almost anywhere from the location.
All in all, for the money spent here, it was an average stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank watashialexa
Reviewed June 13, 2011

There are several reviews commenting on the cleanliness of the hotel. I do not agree. I was sure that the bed had not been changed from the last occupants. My daughter told me on our way home that she had found hairs in both beds but because it was late when went to bed had not liked to say anything to me. However, we both covered our pillows with towels to sleep on. The carpet was dirty with stains on it. I put our hand towels on the shelf in the bathroom when we went out only to find them thrown on the floor on our return. Regarding the towels, they were so hard and scratchy they would make good exfoliating mits! I would not stay there again despite it's good location.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family