“Cheap stay for 1-2 day-trip”
Review of Csaszar Hotel

and 1 more site!
Csaszar Hotel
Ranked #184 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Very nice service personal. Located to some restaurants & bars by 5-10 min. walk. Reminds me more to a sport hostel, outside heated pool. Rooms are very small, also beds. For guys taller than 185cm its difficult to fit in :)
When tram passes the hotel it feels like a small earthquake. :) was ok for us, because we didn't stay in room for long time as we enjoyed a party ;)

• Stayed: December 2013
Zsolt U, Guest Relations Manager at Csaszar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you for the valuable input and I'm glad that you enjoyed the party.

Greetings from Budapest!

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is central but not too close to the hectic part of the city. It was good to get away from the loud and noisy Budapest city centre and still be able to use public transport to move around.
Staff was nice and friendly, too. Very nice restaurants about 200m from the hotel door. Shower is a bit small.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fred M
Zsolt U, Guest Relations Manager at Csaszar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Fred M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and I will make sure that the staff you mentioned get all the praise they deserve. We are implementing many new ideas, how to make the size of the bathroom fit all our guests needs, but it's something we can't change as the building is part of one of our national heritage sites.

Thank you again and hope to see you again soon.

Greetings from Budapest,

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The Hotel have a huge olimpic size of pole. I used in the morning, which was great.
The rooms small but clean and have everything what I need. The staff are very friendly and answer all my questions always. I suggest for all to go there. You get more for your money what is cost.

Room Tip: get the room in the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Zsolt U, Guest Relations Manager at Csaszar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

I would like to thank you again for staying at Hotel Csaszar during your recent visit to our lovely capital, Budapest.
I am reading it with pleasure that our central location, the cleanliness of our rooms, the breakfast, our pool and the staff have all met your expectations and that we could contribute to an enjoyable city break for you.
Thank you again for your valuable feedback! We are looking forward to welcome you back again in our Hotel Csaszar soon!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Not far from the center at all, good location. There is a grocery store at the corner. You can park your car on the street for a normal fee, but there is guarded parking also available for around 8-10 EUR for a day. The staff was friendly and they offer free access to the pools of the Komjadi swimming pools. Strongly recommended if you would like a nice stay for a good value.

Room Tip: choose a room on the 2nd floor to avoid tram noise from the street
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank James R
Zsolt U, Guest Relations Manager at Csaszar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for your kind review, we value your patronage and the useful input about parking facilities.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Indeed, during my stay i was feeling like at home.The room was clean and comfortable,The front desk staff was really friendly,very polite, professional and always eager to answer all of my questions! I booked this hotel because of the price which is the best one if you are looking for an accomodation with a great swimming pool close to the center on the Buda side. I can just highly recommend this charming hotel to everyone that goes to Budapest!Thanks for the lovely stay and see you next year Hotel Csaszar!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tigre490

Thank you for your kind words and see you soon in Hotel Csaszar!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband have just returned from Budapest, and once more we stayed at the Csaszar its only E39 per night, clean and friendly. It is on the tram lines so can be too much down stairs, but on the 1st floor it does not worry me. The location suits us, as only a short walk to good eating at "Pata Negra" or a short tram ride to "Vapiano". I love the Turkish baths 5 mins walk (in the private hospital) I am usually the only tourist there and for $9 AUD great value and wonderful
thermal waters and assorted sauna's. Everything is very close to walk or catch trams,
Margaret's island is a walk or tram drive away and beautiful gardens if the weather is good, and the staff are great. I was at the airport when I discovered I forgot to pick up my watch at the repairs, just a quick email to the hotel and they will follow it up for me. Yes we will be back.

Room Tip: If noise is a BIG problem then the rooms starting with 0 (which are on the side of the pool are the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Margaret Marcus... C
Zsolt U, Guest Relations Manager at Csaszar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

It was great to see you back at Csaszar Hotel. Let me thank you for taking the time to write your kind review about your stay here in the beautiful Budapest, Im sure it will help other guests too. Have no worries on your watch we will send it back to you as soon as possible.

Take care and see you next time,

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Went to see my friend in Budapest and just wanted a place to stay and this hotel was excellent for that purpose. I mean for the price it is really a bargain considering you also have access to the pool and location is fairly close to the center (compared to some hotels at higher price). Other than that - clean standard rooms, receptionists were nice. I felt very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Zsolt U, Guest Relations Manager at Csaszar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you very much for the time you spent to share your impressions and personal experience on your stay at Csaszar Hotel; it is always rewarding to read that our guests have enjoyed their holidays among us. I will pass trough your word to the staff, they are our greatest asset.