“Felt like home!”

Friends Hostel Budapest
Ranked #29 of 677 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hostel is centrally located, it is very clean and comfortable. I stayed there for a week and I would stay again if I were given the choice. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I stayed in the girls' dorm and the room was huge and had a cute little balcony with a great view. The common room with the kitchen was also very nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Very good small and quite hostel in the middle of the City ! Nice showers, free wifi, laundry room , smack in the middle of the City. You can by water and beer and stuff from the fridge really cheap. Good place !

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was my second time at Friends Hostel Budapest. I chose the same hostel for a second time in a row because of the excellent price-quality ratio. Location of the hostel is very good and the rooms were nice and cozy. Even though there were several other groups besides us in the doubles section, the hostel was very peaceful and the overall atmosphere was comfy.

Many thanks to the friendly staff which always helped when needed and made our stay a very pleasant experience!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Inatshka
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Me and my friend stayed two nights after being transfer from an other hostel for some obscure reasons ...
The hostel is brand new and modern. We stayed in friends two where two very modern bathrooms are available and a big kitchen with all you need to enjoy your stay.
We stayed in the girls dorm where there are three bunk beds but the room is very big and we didn't have any problem with noise or space.
The staff is also very helpful and answers all your questions about the city: where to go out, to go for dinner or what to see!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was my second time at Friends Hostel Budapest, so I was prepared to expect the same high-quality service that I enjoyed last time, and the hostel didn't let me down. Whether you want to crawl the nearby ruin pubs or take a leisurely stroll down the Andrassy avenue, the situation of the hostel is great - it's also right by the tram line number 6 (operating around the clock). The rooms were nice and cozy, but what I really appreciated the most - and I can't stress this enough - was the staff's (especially Jack/Gergely) utmost helpfulness and friendliness. Budapest has a highly advanced public transport system, but it can be hard to utilize it without a bit of assistance, and it's also useful to get a little "inside information" about the tourist attractions and the night life. Based on my own experience, it's really hard for me to understand some of the negative reviews (most of which seem the originate from the same group) - if you behave yourself as a human being, you most certainly won't be having any problems. All in all, the Friends Hostel Budapest is an outstanding choice, particularly for independent travelers.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with your "better half", remember to ask about the Friends Hostel...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JJJonne
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The rooms look nice and were clean. I think they should think of some renovation of the toilets and showers though. But its okay!

The location of the hostel was very good!

The staff is.. special, but still quite nice. We could arrive very late and leave our stuff the day we left.

So u dont make a mistake booking this hostel. I prefered the atmosphere of other hostels during my trip though.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 5, 2013

It was the first time we went to Romania. We arrived at night and the hostel staff had everything ready for us. They were very nice and explained everything so we could go and learn more about Bucharest and Romanian culture. The hostel was very clean and organized, this well located and close to the train station. The staff there was very kind with us, especially Andrea and Steve. They helped us in everything we need and made our experience in Bucharest, unforgettable. We spent very nice moments sharing with other guests on the top deck!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends