“'Amazing!'” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 649 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Budapest, Hungary
“'Amazing!'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hostel is really super!! I stayed there for 6 nights. Nice, friendly staff! Clean and quiet hostel and very friendly people staying in it. There is a safe to put your valuable things in, so that is very handy. I was in the female dorm with 4 other girls, it was huge! The location of this hostel is good as well! Closeby public transport, so great for exploring the city. Famous pubs are also on walking distance. I am very satisfied about this hostel! I can recommend it to everyone!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tilburg, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We are staying at Friends 2. Same building but separated from Friends 1. Really clean and big! Nice open kitchen with everything in it (oven, microwave, fridge, plates, pots etcetera). We stayed at the female dorm, three bunk beds so you can stay here with 6 females. It is really big so space enough to leave all your stuff! There is a balcony with it! Two bathrooms that are really new and clean. Everyday cleaning so it looks very good! Acces to good (free) WIFI. Staff is helpfull and friendly! I would definatly recommend this hostel to my friends because it is also pretty quiet at night. You should not come here if you want to party here all night long.

Room Tip: whatever you prefer. female dorm is cheap and very big so I would recommend that. But only stayed in...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kyiv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Me and my boyfriend have stayed there for just 2 nights, but it was enough to make sure it's the best hostel we've ever been in. It was more like a flat, extremely clean, very safe and quiet. The last thing was very important for me, because usually hostels are a bit noisy, but this one was quiet as a tomb. So, if you are looking for a place to relax and sleep well, "Friends hostel" is it. Also I must admit that the bathroom was clean, with hot water all time I was using it, and all other facilities were aslo in a very good condition.
The only one thing which could be best is the waiting period for reply from the hostel owner. But I'm sure it was because he was busy and next time he will reply for my e-mails quicker. I say "next time", because I'm going to stay in this hostel again when come to Budapest whenever.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I spent 4 nights here. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I was in a female dorm which was huge. Really clean, great location-everywhere is really accessible. Highly recommended. One thing-cant lock the door to the dorm but there is a safe to lock things away and it's such a small hostel that it feels really safe anyway.

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Me and my partner stayed here for 3 nights in August. Our private double room was great, very spacious and had everything you would need. The kitchen area is tiny and you can only have one person in there cooking at a time, but this wasn't too much of a problem. Unfortunately we didn't find the owner particularly helpful, as he always seemed to be in a bit of a bad mood so we found him a bit unapproachable sometimes. We may have just caught him at bad times though. If you stay 3 nights or more you get a free laundry wash which is really useful. Also the hostel is pretty close to everything, you can walk to most things and if not there is a tram and metro stop right outside.

1 Thank HK0893
Brno
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at the hostel for 3 nights and I really enjoyed it. I was in a girls dormitory and our room was clean and spacious, everybody was very quiet and what I appreciated was the AC. The kitchen and bathroom were well equiped and new. The hostel was cheap and in a good location - it's situated nearby some sights and public transport stations, so it was easy to get anywhere even at night. The staff was friendly and helpful and we had a good time with our roomates as well. When I go back to Budapest, I'll definitely stay at Friends Hostel again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Graz, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed at the hostel for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. The staff (Jack) was friendly and helpful. We had 2 different room. The first was near the reception without AC so it was pretty hot but we had a fan. The other room (i think 103) had an AC but no remote control. The rooms (doublebed) were big enough for 2 people. There are 2 full equied kitchens with refrigerators which you can use. The showers are clean. It is about 30minutes from the main railway station by foot. But it is quite near to all the tourist attractions. Free wifi and a computer you can use
We arrived later because our train was 1 hour late so the reception was already closed and the number of the staff was inside! But some other traverlers told us the number and Jack came to give us the key to our room so it was no big problem.