“Fair price, a lot of space and good localization”
Review of Agape Aparthotel

Agape Aparthotel
Ranked #48 of 672 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a very good hotel. Even the most cheap room is huge and very comfortable.
The localization is good too. You can walk to many landmarks, metro station and the train station.
The staff were very helpful with all the information I need.
You should stay there without any doubt.

The only problem is my checkin should be made at 13:00 but for some problem in the hotel, I could get in my room only 16:00. But worth the wait.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank aaconti

Reviewed December 18, 2012

we stayed here for 7 days in november 2012. Good value for the money. Very clean, 2 minutes from poplic transport.
When you make your reservation on this hotel make sure to ask for a room/apartment that is pointing away from the street, as it can be very noisy at night, the local people likes to go out on all nights of the week.

Room Tip: ask for a room pointing away from the street, as the locals are going out every night of the week.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marlene K
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Lovely clean rooms, well equiped with everything we needed including handwash, air freshener etc. Our accommodation was more than we bargained for as everything was great. Staff are brilliant. When flight delayed due to airport closure they broke the news to us with empathy, had sweets for the children and already had a room put by for us if we wanted it to save hunting for a bed for the night. Made phone calls to holiday company and airline on our behalf and allowed us use of their computer to search for updates on flights and printing boarding passes. When I asked could we vacate room at 1pm instead of 11am due to flight times this was not a problem and no further charge was presented to me. What a fantastic place to stay at a very reasonable cost. If you want somewhere central in Budapest to stay, which is clean, friendly and low cost then this is for you. Our party had an age range of 3yrs to 53 yrs all happy.

Room Tip: Rooms through the garden are quieter and have larger balconies.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Julie G
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We booked an apartment for 5 nights at Akácfa utca 12-13. When we arrived we were told that there are no apartments at this address and we have to go somewhere else. We ended up in another street about 5 minutes (2 blocks) by foot, but quite a round -about-way by car (the parking garage is under Akacfa Utca and there are many one way streets). The apartment there was OK, HOWEVER, we did not sleep much because there seems to be a late night live entertainment spot in the building which was hopping until close to 4 am, very loud music and voices and vibration. Management professed ignorance of this problem. Needless to say, we did not stay 5 nights and overall had quite a bad experience.

Room Tip: avoid 40 dohany st.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Nice aparthotel very clean and location easy for public transport. Good value for money.nice touches like salt and pepper and washing up liquid in the rooms'just a little difficult to get in when you first arrive

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank annesspouse
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Me and my friend spend 4 nights in Agapa and we liked the room. However what is really promting me to leave a nice review for them is their after service. We left our voltage convertor and our iphone charger in the room and went on with our trip. we didn't realize we lost them till we already back to UK. I contact Agape through email and they respone to me very quickly and send the charger back to us. We really appreciate their help.

However, still feel a little bit sad and sorry for ourselves when we found out that they can not find the convertor that was with the charger.

But overall, it s a very nice place and I would recommed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was in Budapest for the opening of an exhibition, I chose Agape Aparthotel because it was fairly close to the gallery and the after-show venue. I arrived too early so my room was not yet ready but I was able to check in and leave my bag. The staff were helpful and friendly. The apartment was large and spotlessly clean - the two single beds could have accommodated two people each. There was a fully fitted kitchen with a table and chairs to seat four and there was a large TV in the bedroom. There is a bar at street level serving excellent bistro food and the home-made lemonade (a speciality in Budapest) is not to be missed. There is a grocery shop nearby should you wish to cook in the apartment.

Overall, large, comfortable, friendly and at 50 Euros for two fairly good value. If I return to Budapest this is where I will stay

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business