Atlas City Hotel
$116
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

$115
Marriott Hotels
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

$394
$199
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $292/night.

$193
$153
New York Palace(Budapest)
$139
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

$151
$139
Official Site
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

$188
$97
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$199
$181
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $207/night.

$102
$85
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

$554
  • Pool
All reviewsstag partiesmini bar in the roomrecommend this hoteldecent breakfastsmall fridgeclose to the city centerroom was largehotel barmetrocerealsupermarket
Reviewed August 17, 2015 via mobile

I've been here a couple of times before. The room wasn't that clean but it's cheap and lies close to Ràcóczi út where all the shops are :) The breakfast is ok only and the area is not the best. I would not recommend this hotel and I choose a different one nowdays if I travel to Budapest.

Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family
Atlas_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at Atlas City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2015

Dear Tibors M,

Thank you for your review of Atlas City Hotel.

I am disappointed to read that you were not satisfied with our room’s cleaniness. I am sorry if our housekeeping staff did not live up to your expectations and I will personally discuss the situation with my housekeeping manager.

Our location is really convenient in terms with easy access to the public transportation, with the new metro line M4’s stop is just around the corner. Atlas City Hotel’s philosophy is that we encourage our guests to explore Budapest’s famous landmarks and places, because this is why they are here and we are gladly helping them to get around in the city with providing maps, information and useful tips. After a busy day at the city, you can wind down at our bar, have a good night sleep and an abundant breakfast the next day to restart the exploration of Budapest.

Reviewed July 11, 2015

I was there as a part of excursion group so first when we arrived there was some problem with rooms so we had to wait. Rooms weren't so good it looked very old you couldn't even TV turn on. And the Wi-Fi worked only near the reception. The restaurant staff were very kind :)
Location is good near the metro station.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank anamarijak2317
Atlas_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at Atlas City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2015

Deat anamarijak2317,

Thank you for your review about Atlas City Hotel.

I am sorry if you felt the check-in time took longer than expected. As with group check-ins, it takes a little bit more time to allocate the rooms or gather the last minute information changes.

I am sorry if you did not like the room’s basic setup. I am sorry that you did not know before, that our wifi is only available at our lobby place. Rest assured we are on it to extend it to our guest rooms as well. I am sorry that you could not watch our TV channels, we had a system wide malfunction, which was beyond our control and it took more time to repair it.

I am delighted to read that you found our restaurant staff very kind. Our location is really convenient in terms with easy access to the public transportation line, with the new metro line M4’s stop is just around the corner. Also, we encourage our guests as well to explore Budapest’s famous landmarks and places, because this is why they are here and we are gladly helping them to get around in the city with providing maps, information and useful tips.

Regardless, I hope that you had a great time in Budapest.

Reviewed June 30, 2015

Receptionist during check-in was not very helpful. The room is of reasonable size. Bed sheets and towels were dirty. Old TV with no TV channel programme to watch. No hair dryer in the room so we had to ask one from the reception. Roller curtains in both rooms we checked in were not working. Hotel is located behind the main road - about 10 minutes walk. We certainly did not feel safe to walk back to the hotel especially at night. Breakfast is very limited in variety and we had to ask for coffee cups to be replenished although one of the kitchen staff was very helpful. There is no free wifi in the hotel room but only at the lobby area.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank dvdsinmk071161
Atlas_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at Atlas City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2015

Dear dvdsinmk071161,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your opinion on Tripadvisor.

I would like to express my personal apologies for any occured inconveniences and please feel assured that your observations have been taken into account and forwarded to the managers in charge.

Unfortunately the area does not always show it's friendliest face, but it is important to know that within 2 minutes walk, there is a metro station, which easily connects the hotel with the city center.

I am sorry to read that you found the room not so good. I have forwarded your observation to the housekeeping manager and asked them to pay much more attention to the thorough cleaning of rooms int he future.

I totally understand your dissapointment and I also hope that these inconveniences did not affect negatively your vacation spent in Budapest.

Kind regards,
László Szerencsés

Reviewed June 30, 2015

We got here quite late but were still greeted warmly and checked in, the room was okay but the shower had to be held by hand to wash and the beds were basically wooden mattresses. I guess if you want a basic hotel for cheap then this definitely is enough, the breakfast isn't too bad either.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Charlotte K
Atlas_Hotel_Manager, Front Office Manager at Atlas City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2015

Dear Charlotte K,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay in our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read that you found our hotel to be good and that you were especially pleasded with your room and our service.

The hotel is presently being refurbished and all rooms will have free WiFi very soon, not just in the lobby area.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

László Szerencsés

Reviewed June 22, 2015 via mobile

We as a group of 15 were booked in this hotel via a 3rd party stag company so had no idea what to expect before arriving and to be fair to it for what we needed, it had what we needed and it was in an ideal location, albeit not a very attractive one or safe (according to our guides) but a couple of minutes walk down the road you are in one of the main areas, my main issues with the hotel are the time it takes for check in and check out, it was a good hour getting us checked in and even though we were a large group I find this far to long other groups were also waiting and the whole process just seemed slow. On check out because you have to leave a security deposit of £40 every room has to be checked out to get the money back, another long wait. The rooms are basic as you would expect for the money, plenty of space, however they are not particularly clean, marks on the sheets, on the carpets, what looked like blood on one wall and the shower ceiling covered in mould, because this is a hotel that obviously accepts large groups such as stag & hen dos there's an element of leeway with it as for us it was only a place to lay your head and save us staying in a hostel. Basically I wouldn't bring my other half here for a holiday, but if your looking for somewhere to stay and don't fancy a hostel, for the money this one is perfectly adequate.

Stayed: June 2015, traveled with friends
2  Thank JWM87
Atlas_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at Atlas City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2015

Dear JWM87,

Thank you for your review of Atlas City Hotel.

I am happy to read that you found our hotel location ideal. I am sorry if you did not like the vicinity of the hotel, but I would like to assure you that the hotel’s vicinity is not less safe than anywhere else in Budapest. If the guides did not mention it to you, I would like to grab the opportunity to let you know that the majority of the district - with the street where the hotel is as well - is under surveillance with CCTVs and the street is always patrolled by police officers or public safety officers who are in connection with the district’s CCTV operators all day and night.

We are sorry if you felt that the check-in and check-out time took more time than usual. In most of the cases with stag and hen do groups, we only receive the necessary details (guest name, ID numbers, correct person count, etc.) upon arrival to give the rooms out, and it is solely on the guides, that how fast they can acquire these information needed to provide you with a room. At check-out, in most of the cases, the rooms are not freed up at the same time, so it may take longer to check-out if some of the rooms are not given back in time or at the same time as the others. Please rest assured that we try to make these processes as smooth as possible.

We are sorry if you were not delighted with the room’s basic setup and I will personally discuss the mentioned remarks with our housekeeping manager.