“Love & Burger”
Review of Burger and Love - CLOSED

Burger and Love
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Burger and Love is a made-to-order gourmet burger restaurant in Budapest, serving the freshest, juiciest and mouth-watering burgers around.
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stumbled across Burger & Love by pure chance one evening in Budapest. It's located just near the Basilica off one of the side streets if you're walking down to the river. There's plenty of seats both on the patio outside and inside, I chose inside.

You take a seat and the wait staff bring over a paper menu and a pencil and you tick off what you want to eat, they come back and collect your completed order slip. I just ordered the classic burger which comes which 'Heston Blumenthal' chips, and I ordered a large beer to drink.

The meal comes out on a wooden rectangular tray and looks very trendy. In fact the whole restaurant is kinda on the trendy side.

The food was absolutely gorgeous, the burger was cooked perfectly and was juicy and tender, the chips were chunky and tasty too with a sprinkling of course sea salt. Initially you think that you haven't got many chips, but there's actually enough as the burger alone is pretty filling. No issues with the beer, it was just a beer!

Prices are really reasonable, in fact I'd actually say super cheap for the quality of food that you get. Around €7-8 for my meal including the beer.

I guess that my only gripe was when I came to pay, she said cash or card and I was paying cash. I only had large bills and so needed some change, she didn't seem entirely happy about having to bring change and it took quite a while to do so.

It didn't put me off though, in fact it was so good I went back the following night. Same order but this time I crossed a couple of things off the menu that were on the burger - the tomatoes and onions, my burger was once again perfect and it was indeed minus the items I'd crossed off. This time I had smaller bills and so could therefore pay the bill plus tip without needing change. No complaints at all, and I'll definitely be back if I'm ever in Budapest again.

1  Thank europe-chick

Reviewed July 11, 2014

This place had great burgers, they have a good Classic burger and you can choose extras. Aldo the angus burger is good and to that one you get to choose topping in the burger.
Go here for a great burger :-)

1  Thank Rebecka S
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The burgers are a bit different than I was use too, but in a very positive way!

Tasted so delicious, and came with fries on the side and a coke, plus any addition side, such as onion rings, coleslaw, etc.

All for around 7EUR per meal. Highly recommendable!

Oh, and the hostess was super friendly with a smile all the time.

1  Thank Soren L
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Been there twice and it was really good! In case you don't like the bloody core in your ham you should tell the staff whilst taking your order. For me it was on point, fingerlicking good stuff. Great home made french fries, delicious beer and very, very nice staff. Going back to Budapest means coming back to Burger and a lot of Love!

1  Thank Christian L
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Dont even think to eat at this place, we get sick due to raw burger. Bad service, dirty kitchen and dirty plates. If you try you will be sick!

2  Thank Mortene E