Hotel Swing City
Actor Hotel(Budapest)
Fraser Residence Budapest(Budapest)
Alex Pension(Budapest)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 16, 2012

very good place if you are looking for a cheap central location. Rooms are very comfortable but they need to improve the cleaning. Breakfast is very poor, although it is reasonable, considering the price. Staff is not nice at all, we could not get an extra blanket and they are not very helpful.
If you have low expectations apart from central location, and also are on a strict budget, this is the place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in October with 4 friends & was very satisfied with this hotel for the money we paid. Reception staff were extremely helpful telling us which tram to get (tram stop right outside hotel) how many stops it was to the train station town centre etc & were very efficient when checking us in at 4 in the morning after the journey from hell! Rooms were clean with clean towels provided each day & bed was very comfy. All in all a good experience & would return there without a doubt

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is a budget hotel, so dont expect luxury. Rooms were spacious, clean, basic, but some were being upgraded while we were there. Breakfast was adequate, bread, cooked meat, cheese etc. Very well located, for the city attractions, but quite a few sex shops in this area. Having said that, felt very safe, reception is manned 24hours. No facilities, although advertised spa etc, didnt see any of that. There was free wifi in some public areas. Reasonably priced for what you get.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel away from the road are very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Pictures are not really representative, we found a clean room but for the first 2 days it smelled of cooked food, and a totally cheap breakfast, poor and low quality food. But positive the position in front of the tram and near the centre by foot and the quietness of the room. Fitness center and the pool in the pictures are not included. If you are looking for a place cheap, clean and close to centre it's right....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I booked this Hotel for a one night stay while visiting my Dentist for Root Canal Treatment, thus I wanted a quite hotel where I could relax after treatment. That's exactly what I got.

The registration was quick as I had pre-booked. My room, although dated, was clean and with an outside temperature of 39C the room was quite warm, until I switched on the Air Conditioning (a bonus in my view). Whilst the Hotel is on one of the main streets of Budapest the room was relatively quiet, with the occasional rumble of the trams passing by.

Breakfast was simple and plentiful and checking out was also quick and simple.

Looking at some of the reviews on here I was mildly surprised at how lucky I was and considering that this room with A/C and breakfast was £20 for the night - bargain.

If you expect a Hotel to offer the facilities of the Ritz or the Savoy then that's where you should book, but don't expect to pay £20. I am a firm believer of "You get what you pay for" and in this case I think that I actually got extremely good value for my money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo