“A little Gem!”

Ranked #8 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A little Gem!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed in this hotel to visit the World Dog Show and to celebrate our wedding Anniversary and were not disappointed in any way. From the moment we arrived we were offered coffee or a soft drink while filling in the registration card. The reception staff were excellent, friendly and efficient. I had asked in advanced for a room over looking the court yard and this is exactly what we received The room was excellent, very modern with a striking and impressive mural on the wall. The bathroom had an excellent walk in shower and was well appointed with hair drier and toiletries. The room also had a mini bar, tea and coffee making facilities and a flat screen television with plenty of channels. Breakfast was a good European selection of cold meats, cheeses, pate, boiled or scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, as well as a large selection of breads, pastries, cereals, yogurts, fresh fruit and juices, an excellent touch was the sparkling wine so you could start your day with a bucks fizz! We chose to ask the hotel to arrange a taxi from the airport which is around 30 minutes away and costs around 30 euros which took away any worries finding and getting to the hotel.. We had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel and would recommend it without hesitation. Can I think of any down points?? They would be very minor ..I did not like the high level seating in the breakfast eating area, there is lots of other seating, but we arrived at a very popular time so was the only place to sit. Hooks in the bathroom for a robe or clothes?? So small and only my own thoughts.. This is without doubt a really great place to stay, you will not be disappointed !!

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the pretty court yard,
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear M8kate,
First of all, please accept my heartiest congratulations on your wedding anniversary, I am really glad that we could contribute to this special event and you had a joyful time in Budapest.
Thank you so much for writing your experiences regarding to your stay at Casati. Our colleagues are truly excellent, I am delighted that they could provide you an excellent service right from the check-in.
Our rooms indeed have an extraordinary style with specially designed artworks. We are happy that you also loved the spacious bathroom and amenities, as well as the wide choice of buffet breakfast.
Thank you very much for your useful advices, we will take it into consideration.
We hope you can visit us again in the near future and please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Kindest regards,
Gabor Erdos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lancaster
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Our arrival in this beautiful city was off to an impeccable start when we were received in the hotel reception by Henrik. There is no counter, but rather a beautiful wooden table to sit at and complete the formalities while you are offered a hot or cold soft drink and as much help as you want with getting your city bearings. All the reception staff we encountered during our 4 day stay were unfailingly courteous, knowledgeable, and efficient. Our room on the 4th floor was massive - I was slightly freaked out at the clear glass window dividing the bathroom from bedroom and would be much happier had it been opaque, as it was in the bedroom where we stayed on the first night (front facing, so we requested and were graciously allotted a room overlooking the courtyard from the second night on). Excellent buffet breakfast in the light, airy and modern glass roofed courtyard. It is a minute's walk from the Opera House and Opera metro stop, about 4 minutes' walk from St Stefans' cathedral and the main square where all 3 metro lines meet, Ferenc Deak Ter.

Room Tip: Facing the courtyard
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear FionaGLancaster,
Let me thank you for choosing Casati Budapest Hotel and writing a feedback on TripAdvisor.
One of the best features of Casati is our lovely and professional staff, and a satisfied guest is the best motivation - thank you for your kind words.
Beside the 4 different room styles, the design of all the 25 rooms is a bit different , so that there are rooms with luminous bathrooms featuring modern, coloured glass wall panels, as well as bathrooms with normal walls to fit everyone’s needs. We are delighted that you liked the quiet room facing the ivy courtyard, the buffet breakfast with a wide selection of hot and cold dishes, also Casati’s central location. Have you tried our sauna and massage therapy? We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Casati soon.
Best wishes,
Elk Grove, CA
Reviewed May 11, 2013

When we travel to Europe we like to stay in one city and take side trips so we don't waste our time packing and unpacking. We stayed 12 nights at the Casati Budapest. When we made our reservation we asked if we could get a cheaper rate and we had an enormous room (#47) overlooking the courtyard for 99 euros a night. They called it a "cool junior suite." The normal rate is 160 euros. The two drawbacks, at least of this room, is that there is no dresser or storage for clothes other than a small closet. No matter, the room was so big I could leave an open suitcase on the floor. The other annoying feature was the shower design. There was no effective barrier or lip separating the shower from the bathroom floor so showers had to be short or the water overflowed all over the floor.

The location is perfect, one block from the M1 metro and the Opera House. We saw two operas and one ballet. Lots of restaurants around but stay off Andrassy Utca where the prices are higher.

There is a mini-fridge stocked with drinks and enough room for us to keep cheese, hummus, etc. The breakfast buffet was amazing, even a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket. Cheese, eggs, meats, cereal, yogurt, fresh and dried fruit, all sorts of breads, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers. The coffee from the machine was terrible though. It tasted like instant coffee. There was a nice selection of tea.

We would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Hope K
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Kinshasa,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
We are delighted that you were satisfied with the spacious junior suite room, the wide range of breakfast and the special rate. Our location truly couldn’t be better – the main sights, best wine bars and fine restaurants, as well as shopping areas, cultural venues and the Opera House are just in two corners.
Thank you for your useful notices, we will take it under consideration.
We are glad that we could contribute to your memorable European vacation and it would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again to Casati during your next holiday!
Kind regards,
clane
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We are just back from a 5 day city break in Budapest staying @ The Casati hotel, you simply could not fault any part of the Hotel , it's facilities or especially the staff .

The only way the location of the hotel could be any better is they had the metro stopping in the reception and I'm sure if you asked they would try to do that for you as well :) , we were a 10 minute walk from the heart of the city with any amount of decent restaurants and shops , The bedroom ( #14 ) was spotless when we arrived and every day when we returned, with Air-con that you worked and a surgically clean bathroom and free Wi-Fi which was as fast I have found in any hotel . This hotel even has its very own art gallery on-site.

The breakfast buffet was brilliant with plenty of fresh fruit, bread's , juices, cold and hot meats, the only very very MINOR issue I had was the dark liquid that was coming out of the coffee machine instead of real coffee but that was soon forgotten after a pit-stop @ one of the many cafe's with-in 2 minute walk .

When ( Not If ) we go back to Budapest, it will be to the Casati

Thanks Again

Dear Gary_Mel_123,
We appreciate your lovely feedback, thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay at Casati. My colleagues are really passionate about their job and are always ready to make your holiday perfect, I will pass on your kind words to them. The location is really superb in the centre of cultural and nightlife, and in five days you can easily discover the hidden treasures of the city too.
Thank you for your notice regarding to the coffee, we are already tackling the problem, please come back soon to check the difference. We are delighted that you visited the Casati Art Corner Gallery as well, where a new temporary exhibition will open today!
We can’t wait to see you again at Casati Budapest Hotel!

All the best,
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We can highly recommend this place. Everything was close to perfect. Nice and charming rooms, clean, close to the center. Nice restaurants and bar in a few minutes walking distance. Breakfast was very good - coffee could be better. I really thought about asking the receptionist for a Nespresso (we got one when we checked in :). Very good value for your money, we will definitely come back again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Asteriou,
Thank you very much for your nice review. We are glad that your Budapest citybreak was perfect with Casati Budapest Hotel and you were satisfied with the clean and modern rooms as well as with the central location. Thank you for your notice regarding to the coffee at the breakfast, we have already taken measures to improve it.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Casati (with a delicious Nespresso:) ).
Best regards,
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Having read all the glowing reviews about Casati beforehand my expectations were maybe higher than normally. Still this hotel managed to exceed my expectations. There were five of us altogether in our company staying in three different rooms which were all spacious, cosy and individually decorated with nice little details. We were very, very happy for what we got and taking into account the price we paid, the place was very good value for money. Everything from cleaning to air conditioning functioned perfectly, even free Wi-Fi which some reviewers have been complaining about. And unlike one of the recent reviewers, I don't have anything to complain about the service either, quite the contrary. When we arrived, they gave us a warm welcome, coffee and soft drinks were served while we did the paperwork and the service was great all the time through the five days we stayed there, no matter who happened to sat behind the receptionist's desk (The reception room itself is quite nice. We thought first that we entered into an art gallery).There's a very nice little courtyard, the corridors in the floors are decorated nicely and the breakfast room was comfortable as well (as was the bar attached to it, although, surprisingly, we didn't see anyone sitting there during our stay). If it's compulsory to complain about something, it would be coffee in the breakfast buffet. To be honest, one morning it was barely drinkable. However, we mentioned about this to one of the staff members and next morning it was much better, although still not great considering that otherwise the breakfast was of a good standard. Everything was fresh and tasty and there was even sparkling wine available (which we gladly took advantage of for a couple of mornings).
As you can already see when taking a look at the city map, the location is great as well. Andrassy Ut, Opera house and nearest metro stop are all just around the corner. 5-10 min walk will take you to the big ring road with great tram connections to different parts of the city. 10-15 minutes’ walk to other direction takes you to the inner town (Belvaros) and to the banks of Danube. There's a huge variety of restaurants, bars, ruin pubs and all other kinds of watering holes within walking distance (for example nearby Nagymező utca is full of bars, theatres and other kinds of entertainment, although - thanks for the most part to drunken tourists - it might get quite crowded and noisy on Friday and Saturday nights). So all in all, if you manage to get a room for affordable price (there's only around 25 rooms in the hotel, so I’m sure the best deals go quickly even outside the high season) don't hesitate! You certainly don't have to look any further.

Room Tip: Our room on the fourth floor (nr. 46, one of their "natural" rooms) was on the side of the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank pasikuikka
Dear Tuomas H,
I can’t thank you enough for your heartwarming feedback. My colleagues and I are really glad that we could provide you a service higher than expected and all of you had a joyful stay at Casati Budapest Hotel.
I am delighted that you liked the room styles and the fresh design of the reception and breakfast area, and indeed the Casati Art Corner Gallery with temporary exhibitions is just next to the entrance . As for the coffee, we have already taken actions to improve its quality, thank you for mentioning it. Also in our bar you can always enjoy a delicious cup of coffee. We are happy that after having a nice breakfast and a glass of sparkling wine you could easily walk around the city and enjoy the lively nightlife in the neighborhood - have you also tried our relaxing wellness department?
Let me thank you again for choosing Casati, it would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back soon!
Kindest regards,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I asked this hotel to arrange a transfer for me from the train station. The car never showed up even though I waited for 20 minutes in the arrival hall. I rang the hotel from the public phone outside the station and they tried to argue with me and say that the car had been there for an hour (even though my train had only arrived 20 minutes ago) and had left and after more arguing reluctantly agreed to send another car. That car also never showed - I waited for a further 30 minutes before being forced to take a taxi. When I eventually arrived at the hotel the receptionist blamed me and said I had not waited in the right place and seemed to think that the situation was funny.

Absolutely terrible service from a supposedly luxury hotel - I had originally wanted to stay for 3 days but will be finding another hotel for the rest of my trip. Avoid this place and its rude, incompetent staff at all costs.

Room Tip: Choose a room in anotherhotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Katandapickle
erdosgab, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Katandapickle,
I really appreciate that you wrote about your experience at Casati. I am sorry that you left with no 100% satisfaction. I would like to ensure you that we will take your feedback to heart and focus on improving.
I am really sorry and I cannot imagine how it was possible that you and our cabdriver could not meet at the railway station. We have been working with him for a long time and there were not any dissatisfaction so far. He was spending more than an hour there and later he even returned.
I do apologize for the inconveniences. We will do our best (as we did anytime) in order not only to avoid such an unfortunate situation but moreover that our guests have a unique hotel experience at Casati. Knowing our team I am sure that we deserve the very nice comments of our previous guests (excellent service, the friendliest reception, best hotel etc.) but I am also sure that we can always improve and also your feedback helps us to perfect our services.
So again, I am grateful that you sent us your opinion and I would like to offer you a free 2 night stay at our hotel when we can prove that Casati is one of the best hotels in Budapest.
Best regards,