“Was Expecting A Lot, Got So Much More”

Casati Budapest Hotel
Ranked #9 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
clane
“Was Expecting A Lot, Got So Much More”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We are just back from a 5 day city break in Budapest staying @ The Casati hotel, you simply could not fault any part of the Hotel , it's facilities or especially the staff .

The only way the location of the hotel could be any better is they had the metro stopping in the reception and I'm sure if you asked they would try to do that for you as well :) , we were a 10 minute walk from the heart of the city with any amount of decent restaurants and shops , The bedroom ( #14 ) was spotless when we arrived and every day when we returned, with Air-con that you worked and a surgically clean bathroom and free Wi-Fi which was as fast I have found in any hotel . This hotel even has its very own art gallery on-site.

The breakfast buffet was brilliant with plenty of fresh fruit, bread's , juices, cold and hot meats, the only very very MINOR issue I had was the dark liquid that was coming out of the coffee machine instead of real coffee but that was soon forgotten after a pit-stop @ one of the many cafe's with-in 2 minute walk .

When ( Not If ) we go back to Budapest, it will be to the Casati

Thanks Again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Gary_Mel_123,
We appreciate your lovely feedback, thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay at Casati. My colleagues are really passionate about their job and are always ready to make your holiday perfect, I will pass on your kind words to them. The location is really superb in the centre of cultural and nightlife, and in five days you can easily discover the hidden treasures of the city too.
Thank you for your notice regarding to the coffee, we are already tackling the problem, please come back soon to check the difference. We are delighted that you visited the Casati Art Corner Gallery as well, where a new temporary exhibition will open today!
We can’t wait to see you again at Casati Budapest Hotel!

All the best,
Gabor Erdos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We can highly recommend this place. Everything was close to perfect. Nice and charming rooms, clean, close to the center. Nice restaurants and bar in a few minutes walking distance. Breakfast was very good - coffee could be better. I really thought about asking the receptionist for a Nespresso (we got one when we checked in :). Very good value for your money, we will definitely come back again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Asteriou,
Thank you very much for your nice review. We are glad that your Budapest citybreak was perfect with Casati Budapest Hotel and you were satisfied with the clean and modern rooms as well as with the central location. Thank you for your notice regarding to the coffee at the breakfast, we have already taken measures to improve it.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Casati (with a delicious Nespresso:) ).
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Having read all the glowing reviews about Casati beforehand my expectations were maybe higher than normally. Still this hotel managed to exceed my expectations. There were five of us altogether in our company staying in three different rooms which were all spacious, cosy and individually decorated with nice little details. We were very, very happy for what we got and taking into account the price we paid, the place was very good value for money. Everything from cleaning to air conditioning functioned perfectly, even free Wi-Fi which some reviewers have been complaining about. And unlike one of the recent reviewers, I don't have anything to complain about the service either, quite the contrary. When we arrived, they gave us a warm welcome, coffee and soft drinks were served while we did the paperwork and the service was great all the time through the five days we stayed there, no matter who happened to sat behind the receptionist's desk (The reception room itself is quite nice. We thought first that we entered into an art gallery).There's a very nice little courtyard, the corridors in the floors are decorated nicely and the breakfast room was comfortable as well (as was the bar attached to it, although, surprisingly, we didn't see anyone sitting there during our stay). If it's compulsory to complain about something, it would be coffee in the breakfast buffet. To be honest, one morning it was barely drinkable. However, we mentioned about this to one of the staff members and next morning it was much better, although still not great considering that otherwise the breakfast was of a good standard. Everything was fresh and tasty and there was even sparkling wine available (which we gladly took advantage of for a couple of mornings).
As you can already see when taking a look at the city map, the location is great as well. Andrassy Ut, Opera house and nearest metro stop are all just around the corner. 5-10 min walk will take you to the big ring road with great tram connections to different parts of the city. 10-15 minutes’ walk to other direction takes you to the inner town (Belvaros) and to the banks of Danube. There's a huge variety of restaurants, bars, ruin pubs and all other kinds of watering holes within walking distance (for example nearby Nagymező utca is full of bars, theatres and other kinds of entertainment, although - thanks for the most part to drunken tourists - it might get quite crowded and noisy on Friday and Saturday nights). So all in all, if you manage to get a room for affordable price (there's only around 25 rooms in the hotel, so I’m sure the best deals go quickly even outside the high season) don't hesitate! You certainly don't have to look any further.

Room Tip: Our room on the fourth floor (nr. 46, one of their "natural" rooms) was on the side of the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank pasikuikka
Dear Tuomas H,
I can’t thank you enough for your heartwarming feedback. My colleagues and I are really glad that we could provide you a service higher than expected and all of you had a joyful stay at Casati Budapest Hotel.
I am delighted that you liked the room styles and the fresh design of the reception and breakfast area, and indeed the Casati Art Corner Gallery with temporary exhibitions is just next to the entrance . As for the coffee, we have already taken actions to improve its quality, thank you for mentioning it. Also in our bar you can always enjoy a delicious cup of coffee. We are happy that after having a nice breakfast and a glass of sparkling wine you could easily walk around the city and enjoy the lively nightlife in the neighborhood - have you also tried our relaxing wellness department?
Let me thank you again for choosing Casati, it would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back soon!
Kindest regards,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I asked this hotel to arrange a transfer for me from the train station. The car never showed up even though I waited for 20 minutes in the arrival hall. I rang the hotel from the public phone outside the station and they tried to argue with me and say that the car had been there for an hour (even though my train had only arrived 20 minutes ago) and had left and after more arguing reluctantly agreed to send another car. That car also never showed - I waited for a further 30 minutes before being forced to take a taxi. When I eventually arrived at the hotel the receptionist blamed me and said I had not waited in the right place and seemed to think that the situation was funny.

Absolutely terrible service from a supposedly luxury hotel - I had originally wanted to stay for 3 days but will be finding another hotel for the rest of my trip. Avoid this place and its rude, incompetent staff at all costs.

Room Tip: Choose a room in anotherhotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Katandapickle
erdosgab, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Katandapickle,
I really appreciate that you wrote about your experience at Casati. I am sorry that you left with no 100% satisfaction. I would like to ensure you that we will take your feedback to heart and focus on improving.
I am really sorry and I cannot imagine how it was possible that you and our cabdriver could not meet at the railway station. We have been working with him for a long time and there were not any dissatisfaction so far. He was spending more than an hour there and later he even returned.
I do apologize for the inconveniences. We will do our best (as we did anytime) in order not only to avoid such an unfortunate situation but moreover that our guests have a unique hotel experience at Casati. Knowing our team I am sure that we deserve the very nice comments of our previous guests (excellent service, the friendliest reception, best hotel etc.) but I am also sure that we can always improve and also your feedback helps us to perfect our services.
So again, I am grateful that you sent us your opinion and I would like to offer you a free 2 night stay at our hotel when we can prove that Casati is one of the best hotels in Budapest.
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you are looking for a hotel suitable for a short break in Budapest look no further than the Casati. My wife and I stayed in this hotel for four nights 14 April to 19 April, on arrival we were given a friendly greeting by reception and a welcome cup of coffee while we checked in. Once check-in was completed we were given a brief tour of the coffee bar, breakfast area and lower ground area where the sauna is located. We had booked a junior suite but when we got to our room we discovered that we had been allocated a standard room instead. Had it not been for the fact that we had paid for a suite I can tell you that we would have been happy with the room, which was spacious and had the facilities required for a short stay. When we brought it to the attention of reception that we had reserved a junior suite they apologized that none were available for that night but if we would accept the standard room for one night they would arrange to move us on the Monday morning. As promised we were moved while we were out sight seeing so there was no real interruption to our short holiday. The junior suite was an excellent size and had soft seating in addition to the desk and chair to be found in a standard room. This Casati is a recently refurbished hotel and all rooms have modern decoration, free WiFi, tea and coffee facilities and a mini bar. Breakfast is served early enough to suit business travelers and late enough to accommodate tourists. The breakfast is of a good standard with a selection of both continental and hot food to suit most tastes. Staff in the hotel could not be faulted, they were always friendly and helpful. Reception were able to sell us tickets for a Hop-On Hop-Off bus service that proved a very useful way to see the city. The street that the hotel is located on is currently subject to much building work and renovations, which are very close to the Casati itself. This did not prove to be much of an issue for us but if you are a light sleeper it might be better for you to ask for a room over looking the courtyard as there can be early traffic noise caused by the the construction people arriving for work. Less than two minutes from the hotel is one of the most upscale streets in Budapest as is the National Opera House. Less than a ten minute walk will enable you to reach the main shopping district or key tourist attractions. There are many good restaurants close to the hotel none of them too expensive and the hotel reception staff are only too happy to make recommendations. Wine in Hungary is very good and not expensive but seek advice before buying as there are many wines to choose from, none of which are sold outside Hungary. If you are a beer drinker stick to the local beers they are all good and cheaper than the imported beers that are available in most bars. We enjoyed our stay at the Casati and have no hesitation in recommending it to fellow travelers.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the court yard are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Tommag,
Thank you so much for taking the time and write us a kind review regarding to your stay at Casati. We are glad that we could contribute to your memorable Budapest citybreak, and you were satisfied with the nice and modern room, the wide choice of breakfast and the location of our hotel. I am very happy that the staff made you feel welcome during your stay, I will pass on your kind words to my colleagues. Please accept my apologies for the temporary inconvenience.
We hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Casati Budapest Hotel many times again in the future.
Groningen
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed in Casati during 3 nights in April 2013. We chose this hotel because of the reviews, we were not dispaapointed. Nice welcome at reception, room was spacious and modern. Big and nice shower. Well isolated, window could be opened, something that I love. Wireless is included. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gabor E, General Manager at Casati Budapest Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Janingroningen,
We really appreciate your touching review, thank you for sharing your experience at Casati on Tripadvisor. I hope the nice welcome with a cup of delicious coffee or refreshment made you feel like home right from the first minute at our hotel. We are happy that you were pleased with the spacious room and shower, as well as with the wide choice of breakfast and free Wifi in the whole building.
It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again at Casati Budapest Hotel in the near future!
Kindest regards,
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at the Casati Hotel for a 3 night break in February. We were impressed with the decor and style from the moment we walked in. We arrived quite late but we were expected and received a nice welcome and a quick tour.

We had requested a Natural Room, which we were pleased to get. We liked the room and the decor but the floor was quite dirty and had lots of bits on- as we arrived late we decided to leave it till the morning. However the following day despite the cleaner having been in the room to clean, the floor was still dirty. I complained at Reception but was told the cleaner had gone home, so I asked for a brush and I cleaned it up myself. When I went back down the receptionist offered us an upgrade to a Junior Suite as he said I shouldn't have had to clean the room. So we moved and we were much happier and it was clean. The room was much more spacious and the strange sloth creature was unique and funny (I had seen this room on the website and didn't like the look of it but I did like it when I was in it).

We used the sauna one evening, which was very nice and in the newly refurbished basement, which was a unique setting.

Breakfast was a standard buffet with quite a good variety, but nothing special.

Finally the location was very central in Pest and we walked everywhere.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank pakipsy99
Dear Pakipsy99,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding to your stay at Casati. The decoration of the rooms and common areas is indeed original, topped with the artworks of Hungarian artists. Our location is really central, you can get everywhere on foot or by public transportation easily - it is good to read that you found it perfect. I am happy that you liked the spacious sauna with its natural and unique setting – have you also tried our gym and relaxing massage service?
Please accept my apologies for the incident with the room, we will be more attentive in the future. I am glad that you were satisfied with the Junior Suite and had a comfortable and pleasant stay with us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Casati Budapest Hotel.