This hotel is awful! I booked it because it had a cheap price for convenient location, but... this kind of deal (almost) always comes with strings attached!
What was satisfactory:
- the price
- the distance to metro
- the proximity of West End mall
What was bad:
- the building has a distinct ghetto feel
- the furniture is old, the bathroom is scary and barely functional
- while the old receptionist's English was minimal, his bored attitude of "take it or leave it" was annoying
What was unacceptably bad:
- the breakfast is a bad joke (quantity and quality wise)
- the street is noisy and/or the walls are made of paper! there is a bus station exactly in front of the hotel. The noise of the electric bus doors was so loud (especially early in the morning when I desperately needed sleep) that for an instant I thought the damn bus has the station on our hallway!
- the so called "hotel parking" is an even worse joke. It's just a narrow alley that they call parking. You must consider yourself lucky not to scratch anything.
I would never go back to this hotel. I'm sure there are other decent hotels for the same (or a little more) money to make your stay pleasant. The city of Budapest is wonderful and it's a shame to stay in a 1 star hotel rated otherwise.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Victor Apartment Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victor Apartment Budapest