Kiraly Baths - CLOSED

Book in advance
from
$5.26
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

1,017 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 23, 2020

Went here on a Sunday afternoon and though having been before at this time and sometimes had to queue this was the longest I had ever had to wait - well over half an hour and the queue was right along the pavement outside.

Always gone after dark in winter and finally got to have some time in the outdoor hot tub though the water in it could be a little hotter especially when it's freezing outside. Also discovered an indoor jacuzzi. But again, you wouldn't fit very many people in it.

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank southwestscotlad
Reviewed February 14, 2020 via mobile

I always enjoy a holiday that I can tour , see a lot then relax after. I went to most of the baths in Budapest. I enjoyed the Turkish more then the modern bathhouses in the area. The Turkish still have the octagon pools. With the dome tops. From the ottoman occupation in Hungary. Rudas is similar. I believe the water pump is the same. My silver necklace turnt black. Which means the water does have healing elements in it. Which was my sole purpose of the visits. Detox, destress ring in my birthday. Kiraly has a sweet barrel type bath outdoors too. It’s smaller. I watched the full moon while the air was cool and brisk in warm water. Life couldn't be better. Highly recommended

2  Thank Rafiki_11
Reviewed February 14, 2020

Kiraly is small and 'local'. It has not been 'done up' but is very atmospheric and relatively quiet. I was there twice last week and it was bliss. Other than on my second visit there was a couple permanently on their phones!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone was on edge and they were obviously the only folk doing this. It was very intrusive, why come to relax in the baths and be on your phone!! When they left it was as if we all let out a sigh of relief and relaxed. At 3pm there were 11 of us floating/sitting around the edge of the pool and it was wonderful.
The staff just shrugged when I mentioned this on my way out.
I still love it there and hope that people respect the calm that we all wish.

2  Thank penrith20
Reviewed February 13, 2020

Kiraly is the low-cost thermal bath in Budapest. Forget the fancy Gellert, the intimidating, but still somehow "upper class" Rudas. Here it is where you go if you do not have too much money to spend on a thermal bath (entrance & cabin is about 6 Euro) and still want the experience. The building is ooooooooold, but that is the beauty of the place...some sort of decadence. The bath opens at 9 am, which is late relative to other baths. The thermal water is sourced from other baths (Szt Lukacs), as Kiraly does not have its own spring...whilst Rudas has its own springs. The ambience is also a bit more downscaled than Rudas, although they are both baths dating to the Turkish period and are about 500 years old. Kiraly does not have the same extreme range of water temperatures as Rudas, the "cold" water is not really cold, and the hot is about 40, which is a big difference than the 42 at Rudas. The octagonal pool is pretty basic, there is no colonnaded cloister around it, just two benches. Showers are...a pipe, with no showerhead, but at least one can close the door and have a bit of privacy. CAbins are also old-fashioned, but comfortable. The cool thing about Kiraly is the hot tub outside...especially in winter. Jump in warm water when all is cold around you. And you can stare at the blue sky in a nice day. Surrounded by buildings in a quiet garden. Problem is: only 5 people fit in the tub. So, if you enter at 9 and want to go hot tubbing, you should rush there first thing.

3  Thank silvia_frisia
Reviewed February 11, 2020 via mobile

This is the oldest of the thermal baths famous in this city and we had opted to come here as it is a more traditional place! Visited on a Monday so it was not heaving with people!
There are several steam room and saunas and if you blink you can miss the fact that there are actually an internal and external hot tubs! Really not advertised! We stumbled on the one outside!
Like the primitive showers.. would recommend you take a pair of flip flops and a towel with you! There are hairdryers, but I was used one and my husband used one, both on my hair... would have taken hours to dry.... enjoyed our visit!

1  Thank 548angelah