“feeling special at the Curry House”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Curry House

Curry House
Ranked #129 of 3,080 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Delight your senses with TRUE Indian Taste at Curry House. Eating at Curry House is about much more than just food. We offer enjoyable, memorable dining experiences - delicious Indian cuisines, exciting interiors & stylish hospitality. At Curry House we serve you genuine Indian food from the true sources Our approach to dinning is simple , we let flavor speak for itself,from freshly made foods to our welcoming hospitality you'll find every meal exceptionally delicious at Curry House!
Budapest, Hungary
“feeling special at the Curry House”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I visited the Curry House in Budapest yesterday. It was a great experience for me, I have never felt so special before in a restaurant... the staff was really friendly and helpful, especially Egri Judit and Siam (nepali chef). I was asking about the origin of the food as I wanted to eat something which is traditional; from Tamil Nadu or South-India and asked one of the girls who were working there yesterday. Judit came and listened to me carefully and then went in the kitchen and transferred my question to the chef. Siam came out and started talking and asking me nicely, what kind of food I would like to have, how hot it can be...and then he said he can prepare something for me :) while I was eating it happily, he came again and asked how I like the food, oh it was so kind of him :) such a unique experience I have ever had. I recommend the place everyone who would like to receive special service. When my Indian friend visited me in the summer I had no idea where can we eat something he likes...but now I am sure I am going to visit the place again also with my Indian friends and spend great time there!! such a superb place with a pleasant atmosphere and lovely stuff serving food there!! ^_^

• Finnish first
  • Thai first
Budapest, Hungary
“What a dessert”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Well i have been tó many indián restaurants in my life but never tasted só delicious indian dessert. It Was só rich and creamy and mouthwatering. The waitress recommended us tó try out the kulfi and it Was chef's speciality. The áll other food was ás good as the dessert. It Was worth to dine in curry house. Chao...

London, England, United Kingdom
“Dont bother”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

On our arrival we walked into a restaurant with all non Asian staff chatting around front desk, not a great look. We were offered to choose our table which I didn't mind but was left to choose and seat ourselves. It took them about seven minutes to come over with the menu and finally ask if we would like something to drink. The food was lovely, we have no qualms about that but the service or lack of was absolutely abhorrent! We were offered no others drinks, not even when they removed my empty coke glass before any food arrived and we wasn't going to ask. The plates were placed on the table stone cold, followed by the food dishes which were served also in cold dishes. Although the food was lovely, the lack of anything else was horrendous. They never came to check if all was OK and as much as it went against the grain we didn't leave a tip. How can you leave a tip when u had no service, made us feel embarrassed but it would make a mockery of my principles if I gave them a little something extra for nothing. They did not even open the door and see us out or even say goodbye but it did make us laugh when they could not get to our table quick enough once we left to see what we left. A4 piece of paper and a pen and I'd have given them many tips.

2 Thank Debbie D
Vienna, Austria
“Delicious Curry !”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

After trying several Indian restaurant I must say my taste were satisfied by the curries of this restaurant , was surprised to see few people disliked the taste of this restaurant , I would like to ask them to eat at any real Indian restaurant in India it self , This restaurant is just as authentic as Indian restaurant at India , they surely dont cook any european indian mixed curry , great going curry house , i will definitely come back with the gang

Dublin
“What a drop.”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Looked at trip advisor reviews and went to the Curry House based on them. This was a complete disappointment, lacked ANY atmosphere at all, service was mediocre and not an Asian person in sight, was this an authentic Indian? Food was only passable with burned onion bajis and an ok lamb rogan josh. Please visit the Kashmir indian and experience the difference in ambience, attention to customers and just good personal service with very tasty food. Sorry but the curry house is not in the game.

1 Thank mickptre