“Everything is subjective...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Curry House

Curry House
Ranked #125 of 3,044 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Delight your senses with TRUE Indian Taste at Curry House. Eating at Curry House is about much more than just food. We offer enjoyable, memorable dining experiences - delicious Indian cuisines, exciting interiors & stylish hospitality. At Curry House we serve you genuine Indian food from the true sources Our approach to dinning is simple , we let flavor speak for itself,from freshly made foods to our welcoming hospitality you'll find every meal exceptionally delicious at Curry House!
Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
“Everything is subjective...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is my second review of the Curry House and is in response to a review from our dining companions of last night. Our friend was unhappy with his prawn curry -- he felt it lacked flavour - and at my prompting told the owner so. The owner was most apologetic and suggested that perhaps it was a different recipe to the one my friend was used to. Easy to say, I know, but as at least two of our meals were excellent it didn't sound like a mere excuse to me.

His other complaints make me feel as though we were in a different restaurant, though. Our waitress was a little nervous but kind, attentive and efficient. Two of the sauces of our four meals looked similar but that might have been because they were the same dish... The bill was around 6000HUF per head for four main courses, four starters, and four pappadams, plus beers and wine, which struck me as about right.

My assessment of Curry House hasn't changed and we will be eating there again

• 4 of 5 bubbles
CurryHouseBudapest, Owner at Curry House, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of Team Curry House , I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent dining experience in Curry House .

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the service and food. It's always pleasure to read such a kind feedback .

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in Curry House .

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
budapest
“lots of marketing, not a lot of substance.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

i have eaten in all the curry houses in Budapest over the last five years. I love Indigo( fantastic tandoor oven) and the Taj Mahal( lovely curries) or the fantastic Bangla Bufe( fantastic value). There are others, but this was the most disappointing. The Prawn Goan was flavourless. TBH the various curries around the table were all cooked in what seemed to be the same sauce. There was no drink menu( why not? ) and the bill was top end by Budapest prices??? due to expensive hidden drink costs. There is no question that this place is fantastically marketed. There is an obviously a tactic to drive positive trip advisor reviews, but this place would have been acceptable in Budapest, Prague or Warsaw fifteen years ago, but times have moved on and the food is really sub standard. The waitress was trying her best and was sweet, but looked as if she was being checked by the boss. He, on the other hand, is a businessman and a front man, but seems less interested in his food. Food to me is everything. I don't need pseudo stories on how my curry was prepared, I just need some flavour.

We love new restaurants in Budapest, but not this one. Sorry! Over priced and not very good.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank theclaphambear
Parsberg, Germany
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I live in Germany and have truly enjoyed some Indian restaurants there. This one was good but there were some obvious downfalls. First, vegetable samosas were overcooked and dry. Second, the mojito tasted like water with gin and a hint of mint. Main course was good but the tandoori chicken was dry. Rice and nan was good but has to be ordered separately. Great service. Overall food quality could use a little work. Would still recommend.

2 Thank TylerD899
Budapest, Hungary
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Indian food at its finest!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I've eaten a few times at Curry House, I was pleasantly surprised that there was this cute little restaurant that popped up right below my house. When I first went in I was welcomed by the owner (who shared a glass of wine with me!!) how's that for VIP? I met the chef and I was served fantastic, tasty treats from an Aplus waitress named Judit!!! You wouldn't think such a great restaurant would pop up in this area - the 8th district - but it's the latest, up-and-coming area in Budapest, and I'll tell you why: first off, the area is populated by museums, universities and even religious institutions all around it. Try out Zappa Cafe too if you are more in the mood for some rock-n-roll. Either way, whatever you choose, Curry House is the place to go. The interior is lovely, bathed in black, gold and red. Incense is always burning, great music is always playing, and don't forget the large selection of Hungarian wines!!! Now all we need is a PF Chang's so Budapest can finally get some decent Chinese food. Vote for the Curry House and spread the good news!! : )) OH one more thing, parties are always welcome - there is a cute table on one side where friends can sit together on pillows and eat the old Indian Way! My meat lovers - tandoori wings - insider tip! Oh and if you are American and you tip 20% in America - you should do it in Hungary too!! Of course, only one of my many opinions - what is yours?????

Milan, Italy
“Christmas Curry Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

After a few heavy Hungarian meals we decided Christmas dinner would be a great chance to hit up a local curry house in Budapest. The service and décor were great and our server suggested a good local wine. The curry was very well prepared and the level of hotness was perfect. The only let down was the chicken tika was a bit dry and lacking in flavor. Overall, it is a nice Indian restaurant with a welcoming staff and environment.