“Good food in Vaci Utca”

Magyar Izek Magyar Haza
Ranked #1,143 of 3,121 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: European, Eastern European, Hungarian, International, Central European
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Set in the heart of the city center, in early Spring of this year, we opened our restaurant offering both locals and savvy visitors an array of tastes ranging from traditional Hungarian cuisine to more modern specialties. Our family run restaurant welcomes you to a warm and hospitable atmosphere and our original, hand crafted decor, relaxed family atmosphere.
Finland
“Good food in Vaci Utca”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Took first hungarian appetizer plate with lot of sausageses, meat, paprika etc. Then beef with bakes potatoes, three of them, too much. Beef was great and tasty. Son took chicken and liked it pretty much.

Visited July 2013

Budapest, Hungary
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dreaming...”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

...about having such superdelicious meal every day. I am sure I will be back! Music is well-chosen, fit to the style of the restaurant, hostesses are smiling, waiters are nice and attentive, we were served quickly. Interior design is something unique, that provides pleasant moments. Highly recommended.

Budapest, Hungary
“Authentic Hungarian with AWESOME Service!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Ok so we have seen it all right? A Hungarian Restaurant on the main shopping Street, typical, a bit higher priced and a tourist trap...STOP RIGHT THERE! WOW, hello!? did the waiter just ask me where I was from? Did the Manager just come and introduce herself? Did they actually suggest that I try it first and then decide? WHAT?!
Enough sarcasm, I like to talk, get to know people and be asked what I like and be offered different things according to my taste, not only that I enjoy a smile, call me crazy!
The ENTIRE team was polite, funny, outgoing and communicative but not intrusive at all. I was not sure what to eat becasue I have tried just about all Hungarian dishes but they found something unique: Chicken fried on a Lava stone with tomato sauce and veggies...see photo!
My buddy had the duck and he loved it.
I can highly recommend the food and the atmosphere but most the service, we were blown away, thank you so much for the wonderful evening!

• Visited July 2013
“Lovely restaurant serving traditional food”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Brilliant Hungarian music with excellent food and charming service - visited on a stopover trip to budapest and thoroughly enjoyed the meal. would recommend!!

Stellenbosch, South Africa
“Wonderful Hungarian evening”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had supper at the restaurant while at a conference in Budapest. The service was great, the food was delicious and it wasn't as expensive as some other restaurants in the area.

We had the goulash for starter, which wasn't the best goulash that we had tasted, but it was still very good. I had the beef stew for mains and my husband had the pork trotters. Both were great.