“Fantastic and Fun Introduction to Budapest”

Running Tours Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: Budapest Running Tours offers a unique and fun experience: community running combined with sightseeing tours in Budapest. Explore urban legends, burn calories, make friendships and share your experience with others!Experience the beauty of Budapest from a truly unique and exhilarating point of view.Enjoy the company of like-minded tourists from every corner of the globe.We offer : personalized introduction to the local community with experienced running tour guides; evening runs available with spectacular views of the castle district and Parliament; guides are available for individual and group running tours with advanced notice; detailed descriptions of the runs, including distance, are available in English and Hungarian; runs are guided by Hungarian and English native speakers.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic and Fun Introduction to Budapest”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon in Budapest. We are both regular runners and wanted to find a way to incorporate our runs into our sightseeing. Eszter took us on a personalized 10k run through so many of the amazing sites of the city! She met us at our hotel and was a terrific guide. She told us lots of history of the places we were seeing, as well as giving us great tips for the rest of our time in the city (cafes, a wine shop, cultural sights, and other great running spots). We're so glad that we decided to do this! We'd definitely recommend Running Tours Budapest to anyone visiting the city who loves running and wants a great local guide to the city!

1 Thank Esther G

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“What a way to see Budapest”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Had a customised running tour of Budapest, catered for my training and tourist needs, absolutely amazing experience. Thanx Eszter for organising and to Steve for the run.

Bern, Switzerland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The best way to see Budapest”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I recently booked a tour with Running tours Budapest and we can't recommend it highly enough. Firstly Budapest is great for this type of tour as its relatively compact, so there is a lot to see without having to cover huge distances. Secondly Lidia, our guide was fantastic. She did a great job of keeping the pace easy, as well as providing us with lots of interesting information about Budapest and Hungary in general. We tried the 'must see' tour which was great and we can't wait to try another tour next time we are in Budapest.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Geoff M
“Do it, don't miss out!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

If you enjoy running on vacation the first thing you should do in Budapest is a running tour. Running by yourself in a new city is ok but it's a much more enjoyable experience when accompanied by a local guide who can provide insight and history to all the sites. Lídia was a fantastic guide for the Run Along the Danube. She is well informed and talked about the history of sites as we ran by them. She would also take breaks for photos. She was even kind enough to start the tour at my hostel! I couldn't have asked for a better tour guide. Thanks Lídia! This is a great way to start your trip in Budapest. Don't miss out.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Refreshing, enlightening alternative to the hotel gym and MTV!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I took a running tour after searching for running groups online whilst travelling to Budapest on business... and really glad that I did. Even though I'd already explored with a guide book on foot, and run in some areas alone, doing so with Eszter opened my mind to the history of the city and the experiences of the recent generations of Hungarians, as well as my eyes to the lesser known sights.

I asked for a bespoke tour to allow pick up from my hotel and to end of the guided run at the Spa in the city park to relax my calves before running home. Definitely a good choice, efficient on time, and resulted in a great alternative way to spend an evening on a busy business trip.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Running Tours Budapest, who have also now connected me to other local runners and upcoming races being held in such a beautiful city.

Visited August 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank richard s