“Awesome meal!”

Zeller Bistro
Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Hungarian home-style nouvelle cuisine, bistro ambiance. Limited seating, reservation required.Our Opening hours:Tuesday to Saturday: 12-15;18-23/ Sunday and Monday: closed
Reviewed May 29, 2019

Zeller Bistro is a wonderful restaurant. The waiter was so warm and inviting! The food was delicious! The atmosphere was cool! And there was a guy singing and playing guitar which just added to the great evening! I emailed the restaurant prior to visiting Budapest and they were so responsive and easy to work with!

1  Thank mcsonna

Reviewed May 28, 2019

I chose to eat here whilst on a business trip last week simply by looking at Google maps to find a restaurant near the hotel I was staying at which had good reviews. Even with the recommendations, Bistro Zeller way surpassed my expectations. I didn't have a reservation but they found me a table which would also accommodate three colleagues 'who may or may not join me' without a hint of it being an issue, nor was there as they drifted in from the airport during the evening. I had a starter of the crispiest fish ever and an unusual main course of duck breast on chickpeas with pineapple, which was lovely. My colleagues also enjoyed their meals and apparently the bill was very good value for money (I didn't pay!). All in all, this was a memorable dining experience for all the right reasons and I'm looking forward to my next trip back to the city to try some more of the menu.

4  Thank lyeardley
Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

From the minute we walked in the door we knew we were in for a great evening! We were warmly welcomed with a glass of something lovely (elderflower?) to drink. Once we were all gathered we were shown to our table. We tried the lamb, pork and beef between us and all dishes were tasty and hot (we have found food so far on Budapest to be generally tepid at best) but here it was lovely and hot and fresh. We had great fun with our waiter who was charming personified he helped us choosing our wine (brought us some samples so we knew what we were getting - nice touch). We even managed desserts of chocolate mouse, cheesecake and carrot cake - again all very tasty.
I think our only criticism was that the man who was signing and playing the guitar was a bit too loud but other than that a great evening and a lovely, memorable end to our holiday. Thanks all at Zeller!

1  Thank Andrea M
Reviewed May 23, 2019

The restaurant was beautifully decorated and on the night I came there there was good atmosphere and some live music. The service was fast and efficient but not personal or warm like the surroundings might suggest it would be. The bathrooms also seemed very out of sync with the restaurant and were dirty and looked off-putting, and kind of looked like school bathrooms. For the vegetarians out there, there was only one vegetarian dish on the menu, which personally I always find very boring. The experience as a whole was more positive than negative though, and the main thing is that the food we got tasted good.

1  Thank TinnaEik
cranberry0520, Közönségkapcsolati vezető at Zeller Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2019

Dear TinnaEik,

Thanks a lot for your kind review, we are happy to hear that you liked the place and the food, what we are preparing always with the greatest care, from the best domestic ingredients. We also happy to hear that you liked the service, we are working with very well trained staff members. We are sorry to hear about the bathroom thing, we are going to find out why did it happen. Hope to see you soon again!

All the best,
Zeller

Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and it was a wonderful experience. I spoke to the waiters and arranged for them to bring him a birthday dessert. I expected just a little candle or something but they turned the lights off in the whole place and played happy birthday with a big sparkler on his plate. They had written ‘happy birthday’ on it, and to make it even better they gave us his dessert for free! Staff was wonderful, food was delicious!

3  Thank Lyla W