“New start up Mexican in Budapest”

Burrita Mexican Street Kitchen
Ranked #1,053 of 3,278 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Read about this place in a local guide. Decide to try it since not many of these are on the market.
Basic idea is a Mexican fast food gourmet style. Food wasn't too bad, we tried the tacos and quesadillas. Also they have some special salsa types and a larage range of hot sauces on the tables. I particularly liked the way the made the quesadillas.
I think they should let you try more and the options of toppings are more limited than the other place in town but they give you more chips with you meal!
Prices are also a bit steep as we paid 3500 ft for two cokes and meal baskets during lunch. But I did like that they give 3 of each in the basket which seems a better deal but only one salsa :-(
Outdoor seating bit compact but nice, design of the place is a bit too pristine and colorless for me some people go for that minimalist style.
I will try this again in the near future but buy that time I hope they have better lunch pricing.

There are newer reviews for Burrita Mexican Street Kitchen

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We visited the place in the middle of April and I liked the location (close to the center). Food portions were huge and food tasted fine. My girlfriend had a dish with cheese and chicken, I had beef burrito. We shared a small portion of our food with each other. I woke up in the morning with terrible diarrhea and my girlfriend had stomach ache all day long (she had two bites of beef burrito). I spent all day running to toilets...Never, never again!!!!!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Not a large selection, but good ingredients. Located in a trendy area. Nicely decorated, get decently Instagrammed whichever table you take. The beef burrito, the home-made pomegranate tea and guacomole are all good.
Recommended for some quick food experience with reasonable portions.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was really excited to go here because I miss Mexican food. In the end, I should have known better. The shop is cool with exposed brick, high ceilings, mostly white interior. For this shop all the compliments stop there. We get in line and start looking over the menu on the wall above the counter. We look at the food, look at the menu and repeat a few times. The meat was completely coated in spices and appeared to have been sitting there for some time. Next to the meat was the beans. They looked sick so we went for the Quesadilla-queso y carne. We tell the counter woman, she looks back at us like we are crazy. I try again, slower. Again, she doesn't understand. I say quesadilla to which she says she doesn't know what queso y carne is (even though that is how it is listed on the menu) so we explain it to her as meat and cheese. It took 3 people to make the quesadilla and this process went on with each of them. Before we paid we asked for the aqua fresca and the story repeated itself except this time the girl said all they had was hibiscus tea, nothing else.

I could not wait to get out the place. The food was terrible, staff was terrible, whole experience was awful.

1  Thank crazybubbas
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We grabbed a quick bite here before a concert – the food tasted fine but wasn't anything special, and the service was as you'd expect from a fast food joint. My friend and I both ordered the beef burrito and both awoke with horrific diarrhea in the early hours of the morning. We spent the following day running between the bathroom and the bed. Not the ideal way to spend our last day in Budapest.....

Some food hygiene training is much needed here.

3  Thank Jessica B