“Worth the trip”

Ranked #39 of 475 things to do in Budapest
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The statue is very interesting and is part of the grounds around Vajdahunyad Castle. It's very mysterious and a little Steven Kingish in it's creepiness. There's a somewhat annoying violinist hanging out there in the evening playing for money but if you give him a few cents he moves on. Don't forget to hold on to the pen and make a wish. Try to avoid the times when the tour busses show up, it gets crowded.

There are newer reviews for Anonymus Szobor (Anonymous' Statue)

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The statute itself is very interesting and I would have really liked to have viewed it but the violinist was awful. He asked to take our picture for us which we politely declined and then he asked for us to take a picture with his violin which we declined again. We walked away and he started yelling but we weren't sure what he was saying. We waited for a crowd to come up so we could then try to take a picture with the statue while he was distracted which kind of worked until he saw us leaving. He chased us down saying we needed to give him money. I told him to leave us alone and he told me never to interrupt him and that he knows every language and is smarter than me. He really freaked me out and ruined the attraction for my husband and I... very disappointing.

3  Thank Lilbabar
Reviewed July 21, 2013

A very interesting statue which gives you a feeling of scare and frightens you a little because of the hood and the covered face which is very sober; also it gives you an impression of despair since there seems to be depicted a writer how seems to be out of ideas for his writings.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I had saw it before in the brazilian movie called Budapeste. Nice place, easy to find and a very interesting statue. Somehow misterious and scaring. Totally recommended!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Visited the site on July. The statue itself is impressing. The violin player, asking for money for playing a tune while he takes a photo of you and the Anonymous, was not. We wanted to study the history on-site, but he kind of made it impossible.

2  Thank FoodieInHoodie