“Great experience, nothing else like it!”

TRAP Team Race Against Puzzles
Ranked #2 of 176 Fun & Games in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: Trap is an enigmatic basement where you can test your skills in an unusual setting as a team. You are going to be locked up and have 60 minutes to escape from our tricky rooms. In order to find your way out you need to solve various puzzles,using creativity and common sense.We guarantee one hour of pure fun,nothing else,not even you coming out in one piece-that is your job:) Teams must have min.2,max.5 people.Price: HUF 12000/team.The game wes designed for everybody,it means you do not need a particular language to solve the puzzles,but our staff explain the rules and give extra help in english.Be aware, booking on our web page is necessary.
Reviewed April 11, 2013

TRAP was found whilst browsing TripAdvisor, and it immediately went to the top of the Budapest to-do list. It is easy to book online - website is available in Hungarian and English, and we received an email reminder on the day too. It is located just past the apartments at Maria Utca 19, down some steps.
When we arrived, we were greeted by the owner, who asked explained how TRAP worked, and showed us into TRAP1. We weren't really sure what to expect, so it was so fun trying to figure out all the puzzles. If you ever got stuck, the owner was on hand via camera to give you a little clue. I've never been to anything like it, and would recommend everyone to try it! Sadly, we didn't have enough time to do TRAP2, but will definitely do it if we return!

1  Thank Cqxl

Reviewed April 11, 2013

we went as a varied group and we all really enjoyed it
I think of myself as fairly kopped on but the puzzles were devilish
thankfully peter was there to guide us towards some clues but I reckon if I went again to the same room I would still struggle
excellent for children aged around 10 and over
proper secret agent stuff

1  Thank lutonlagerlout
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I would never insist on anyone doing anything, and I shall not do so now. What I will do is say that having visited TRAP it was the single most enjoyable activity of my trip to Budapest and since returning home I have booked up the equivalent in London.

Having read what little information was available on-line me and my girlfriend had very little idea of what to expect really. This was absolutely no hindrance to the level of enjoyment we experienced.

What I would say is as a team of (2) we realised that an extra person or even (2) more would have been very welcome. Some things you simply will require a little help from the controllers if you lack the knowledge. However, that said almost everything is solvable from clues within the rooms or from applying your mind outside of the box.

I would describe the overall experience as both incredibly stimulating and exciting at the same time. It brings out a sense of competition and team building with you needing to work in unison with your team at the same time as being open to allowing everyone a chance to put their thoughts on the puzzles in the open.

Having completed the first puzzle we immediately booked to return the next day to complete the 2nd room. We enjoyed it thoroughly despite running out of time and not escaping, whereas the 1st room we managed to escape albeit we did receive some help, being complete novices to this type of experience.

I believe the cost was around £12 each however, I really am not 100% on that as it was paid for in Hungarian Florints and we didn't hesitate to pay what was asked. Also I am unsure as to whether the cost was per person or per room.

I think this would be suitable for almost any traveller, whether you are a young couple, an elderly couple an adult family unit with teenagers etc. However, this is probably not suitable for children due to the thought processes utilised, however, perhaps a childs mind would be of benefit.

Happy escaping!

1  Thank Richard_Lewsley
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We came to Budapest on a stag doo there was 13 of us great fun trying to find the puzzles and working how to get out of the room I do recommend coming here

1  Thank Markandjenifer
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great way to spend an hour. We went on our last day in Budapest, it was rainy and we were a bit hungover so nearly didn't go. We went without a booking and he facilitated us immediately (although it was a Wednesday so I'd say book at the weekends). We weren't sure what to expect and were very slow to get started. It was like a puzzle treasure hunt. The guy watches on CCTV and gives hints over a speaker when it was obvious we were going no where with the clue. It took us so long to solve the first one we felt pretty thick but we quickly got in the groove and were really buzzed by the end of it. Had we stayed in Budapest another day, we would have gone back again to try the other room. Great way to spend an hour!!

1  Thank Emer B