“Superb.”

Pilvax Bisztro
Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Budapest sights of the city center Pilvax is an important event in the history of Hungary was the scene of a traditional restaurant, cafe was justly famous. The old restaurant from 1841 until 2009 and then forgotten. Bearing in mind the restaurant's inner values, preserving the historic character of the interior of a push for renewal, transformation and re-opened, as Pilvax Bisztro. Our menu offerings are used in domestic and international cuisine. Very important to us in good quality and healthy choice of materials: the Mangalica, Lake Balaton pike perch and trout, the goose liver are all materials that are in the world kitchens are welcome. In our shoppers a selection of quality wines to choose from, the country's famous and less well-known products of wine makers. We want you to be handled with care and competent hands prepared food served on quality service and an unforgettable experience for us would be spending a few hours. Working on this every day...
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We chose this restaurant based on Tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. It has the feel of a French bistro and the pianist is a nice touch but there the comparison ends because everything else is 100% Hungarian and is wonderful.
The traditional Hungarian food is beautifully cooked and delicious and the waiter is a mine of information about the best Hungarian wines to accompany your choices. The waiter was charming and attentive all evening. This was the best food we had in Budapest.

1  Thank gingaa
Zoltan T, Manager at Pilvax Bisztro, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the nice words. We are always happy when we see our guests enjoying themselves. Our dear Chef is also always delighted to hear such nice a feedback as yours. We strive to provide excellence in gastronomy, and hopefully we can greet you again when you are next in Budapest.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Much better than expected - just happened to stop by on an evening stroll around the main shopping area on our first night in Budapest! Were lucky to get a table - most people seem to have reserved. We weren't looking for an expensive meal but we seemed easily able to put away 3 courses and a couple of bottle of wine! We had the shrimp ravioli, which was an amazing starter - as good as any restaurant and better than most, followed by the pike and prawns served on a bed of delicious fondant-style potatoes. Dessert was a trio of carrot-inspired puddings - white chocolate and parsnip mousse, carrot cake and some type of carrot puree. Starter and main brilliant but dessert was odd. The mousse was slightly salty and didn't really work - I would never eat parsnip and white chocolate together again! Inspired? Perhaps. But tasty... definitely not! Delicious wine though - an excellent bottle of chardonnay was recommended. Bill came to 90 something euros..... then only afterwards did we find that we had a 20% discount voucher from using the hop on/hop off bus service. Be aware of this if you use the green tourist bus.... it would have been a considerable saving at this restaurant!! Despite the weird carrot dessert, the atmosphere was lovely, the wine good and the food very tasty - I'd definitely go back.

1  Thank Catherine V

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your praising words. We are all very grateful that our work has been appreciated, your kind words ensured us, that wwe are on the right way, as quality is our top priority, and we strive to provide excellence for our guests. We look forward to see you again!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We tried getting a table here on a rainy night, but they were fully booked. The offered us a discount the next day. We returned for one of the best experiences on our six nights in Budapest. Very tasty and nice food, everything cooked perfectly. Really nice wine recommendations. Four people had 3 courses and no complaints. Friendly, knowlegdeable and helpful service.

A little pricier than most but worth every HUF.

Will definitely go again if we return to Budapest.

Dear Valued Guest,

It was a complete privilege reading your review! Thanks a million for sharing your kind thoughts here with the community. Me and the whole staff were more than delighted to read that you had a great time with us! We are very happy that our work has been appreciated - Thank you! Quality is our first priority, and you ensured us that we are on the right way!
We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

A staff member at our hotel recommended this bistro to us and he was right on. The food was wonderful, prices reasonable and atmosphere pleasant. There was a piano player but it was nice background music, not intrusive. I started with goulash soup and my entree was "pullet supreme"
(delightfully seasoned chicken, gnocchi with marinara sauce and pesto - the presentation in the red-white-green order of the Hungarian flag inspired me to snap a photo) and it cost about 3500 HUF (around $15). Of course, if you add wine and dessert or opt for the duck, your cost will be more! The menu had English translations and our waiter spoke excellent English - we accepted his recommendations and were not sorry!

1  Thank fotobug

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your praising words! It is very good to hear that you had a great time with us! I will certainly pass your appreciation to our chef, who will be definately delighted about it!
I look forward to another occasion, when we can provide you the same quality!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have to admit that when I looked at the menu online, the pictures of the meals were a little intimidating. I’m not much for artistic presentation of meals. I’m more of a “portion-size” kind of a guy, if you know what I mean. That said, what a wonderful experience!

The staff were really friendly and the food was fantastic. I had the lamb with polenta and my wife had the chicken and gnocci. Both dishes were lovely, although, I think the gnocci takes home the prize. I also started with the oxtail soup. I had originally ordered the gulash, but our waiter quickly turned me down – “too much meat” he said. Haha. He was correct to suggest the oxtail soup, it too was quite nice. We topped off the meal with a carrot cake desert. We weren’t huge fans, but the presentation was nice. Also, there was live piano during the meal, which created a warm, romantic atmosphere. Prices were fair.

If I’m ever in Budapest again, I will be returning here!

1  Thank Ian R

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time, and sharing your honorific review here! I was delighted to read that you had a great time with us. My team will be more than happy to know, that their work has been so much appreciated. It would be great if we could host you again in the Pilvax Bisztró!