“An unforgettable gastronomy experience at Bock Buda”

Vendeglo a KisBirohoz
Ranked #307 of 3,408 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Don’t let the location stop you from a visit at Bock Bistro Buda. You will regret yourself if you miss an excellent culinary experience. I would describe the cuisine as upgraded Hungarian food with crosscooking and Asian influences. From April the terrace is open and you can enjoy the surrounding green area. Have a good look and the childhood photos in the entrance and try to figure out who is your waiter? If you are on Pest-side it takes about 15 minutes by taxi to reach Bock Bisztro which is located on Buda-side.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I went to Bock Buda with my husband to celebrate our anniverary. We had a reservation. Although it was a wednesday eveneing, the restaurant was fully booked. The service was perfect and very helpfull. The food was great. We ate the specialities of the week and had some wine as well.. Everything was perfect, so I would recommend this restaurant to everybody.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Went there for lunch with my husband who had already tried their pest branch. At his recommendation I tried the pike perch fish with peas risotto. Simply beautiful!
My husband tried their beef burger (not on the menu) and both presentation and taste were great. Came with a salad but we ordered fries separately.
The only issue I had was that they charged separately for the bread basket. For such a high end restaurant something like this should be built into the cost.
Decor and ambience was very nice also. It's pricey but it's good for special occasions.
Highly recommend for taking guests out.

1  Thank tjafary
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Lovely place, gorgeous food. Waiters are perfect, the menu is remarkable. I'm sure, I will go back again.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went there to celebrate my daughter's semester end. The food was delicious but the experience was not 5 stars at all... First of all there was no child seat for our 9 months old despite the fact I specially requested it when I made the reservation. It made our lunch extremely difficult. The other kidunfriendly moment was that we were not worn that the duck leg my 8 year old ordered is such a huge portion which is hardly possible to be finished by an adult and definitely impossible to eat by a child alone...

if ever we go back again, it is for sure without children...

2  Thank ejenet