“Very tasty”

KNRDY American Steakhouse & Bar
Ranked #455 of 3,080 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: New York style Steakhouse in the heart of Budapest, near the Basilica. Proudly serving USDA Prime Black Angus cuts dry aged on premises, BMS 9+ Wagyu beef from Australia, Hungarian Mangalica pork, Bahamian rock lobster tails, Scottish salmon, Joselito Gran Reserva ham, etc. Our wine list offers beside the most important Hungarian wines an extensive selection of the world's most important wine regions.
Formby, United Kingdom
“Very tasty”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We went her for my Birthday. The starters were amazing, and it is the best steak I have ever had. Not the cheapest, but do it as a treat.
I repeat - this is the best steak I have ever had.

• Hungarian first
“Great food and service”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

We were served some really good food here, and the people working here were really nice :) absolutely worth it. One of the better dinners I have had at a restaurant

Dublin, Ireland
“Most amazing steak”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Tasty, simple food. Expensive in comparison to other restaurants in Budapest but well worth the price. Nice central location and attentive staff with a good variety of wine. Trendy, simplistic decor inside. Booking required in advance.

Visited November 2013
W Yorkshire
“Impressive steak!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This restaurant looks modern and has a clean, efficient feel to it. It was a shame that we visited on a slow Sunday night as it was almost deserted, so I can't really comment on the atmosphere. But the staff were friendly and service was very good - again, this may change if the restaurant is full.

First concern was the line from the sommelier about being in the process of changing the wine list, meaning that some listed wines were no longer available. We heard this from a number of restaurants in Budapest - sometimes this is code for 'If you choose a cheap wine, I'm going to try to sell you something more expensive'. And, guess what? My first choice was unavailable. I had taken the precaution of having a second choice, which I ordered before she could say anything else!

There was a gorgeous amuse bouche of a cod ball with tartare - really tasty and very welcome. Our starters were Goulash Soup (very good) and a wild mushroom salad, which my partner assures me was very tasty.

I then had an Argentine ribeye which was superbly cooked (rare), really tasty and extremely big! Sadly, I couldn't finish it, but was offered the remains packed for me to take away. My partner's grilled Scottish salmon was also very good and quite large, too! She finished hers, though! She finished off with a creme brulee, but it wasn't as good as the rest of the meal.

Overall, a good meal which cost around HUF41,500 - one of the most expensive meals we had in Budapest.

London, United Kingdom
“Simply amazing”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Having eaten many steaks in many countries (including Argentina and US) this steakhouse delivers not only on its meat but on the service too. From the moment of booking to a helping hand with our coats we were spoilt rotten. Which is just as well as the bill is not for the faint-hearted. Ordered Nebraska meat, rib eye was a touch fatty but nonetheless provided flavour, fillet was perfectly cooked. The starter of mangalica was exquisite, the chef did an absolutely incredible job with flavours. Meat can get a tad dry and tedious after chewing for a while but the pork starter kept getting better and better as the flavours of the meat and the sauce coating it developed. Take my hat off to the owner who obviously believes in training his staff, everyone is incredibly knowledgable from the sommelier to the waiter (meat portions, origins were explained in a friendly manner). Great wine selection with complimentary still water. Will return. Need to win the lottery. Very special place.

1 Thank iverano