“Still dreaming about that dinner”

KNRDY American Steakhouse & Bar
Ranked #440 of 3,278 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: New York style Steakhouse in the heart of Budapest, near the Basilica. Proudly serving USDA Prime Black Angus cuts dry aged on premises, BMS 9+ Wagyu beef from Australia, Hungarian Mangalica pork, Bahamian rock lobster tails, Scottish salmon, Joselito Gran Reserva ham, etc. Our wine list offers beside the most important Hungarian wines an extensive selection of the world's most important wine regions.
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We had walked past this place on our first evening in Budapest and it stood out in its appearance. The logo uses a font similar to 'DKNY', the front is entirely glass and the fully visible interior is decorated in black (as were the staff). It might be perceived as pretentious, however I think that not visiting this place based on that is a mistake - unless you are vegan.

I saw reviews on tripadvisor and booked a table on Sunday night at 7:30 via our hotel concierge. We actually arrived half an hour early to an empty restaurant (restaurants tend to fill up around 9pm here). The staff were so friendly that being the only ones there was in fact quite nice. I noticed a few people coming in to eat on their own, which I think says a lot about this place.

I had the Angus T-Bone Rib Eye steak. As many other reviewers have said, the meat here is exceptional. We shared sides so we could try them out: I recommend the mashed potato and red cabbage. One of us had the lobster tail - delicious also.

The homemade ice cream was beautiful (I recommend the mint and caramel flavours). The complimentary water was topped up religiously all night, so I didn't end up ordering other drinks.

As others have said, this was also my best meal in Budapest and surprisingly, not the most expensive. About £55 per person for a pre-dinner cocktail, main course with a couple of sides, dessert and coffee (factor in that one of us had lobster, another had 2 desserts and that the cocktails wouldn't be missed and you're looking more at £40 max). I'd compare this to the Gaucho restaurants in London, only the taste is even better at half the expense.

There are newer reviews for KNRDY American Steakhouse & Bar

Reviewed November 16, 2013

One of the best meat restaurants. Exquisite appetizers (foie gras).
And the meat just amazing.
Excellent service

1  Thank avi6969
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I were unable to get a table on a Saturday night, so we headed to KNRDY on a Monday Night at 8:30pm and it was about 3/4 full. The interior is gorgeous- very minimalistic and crisp- perfect for date night. The martinis were super good & strong. My husband and I had Caesar Salads- really good and quite a large portion. We both choose different cuts of beef- they were hands down one of the best steaks we have ever had. Cooked perfectly! Mac & cheese side was really good, duck fat fried potatoes were amazing- so so good, a must when ordering, but the cauliflower gratin kind of smelt & tasted like feet! I think it was the type of cheese that it was made with. Hands down the best meal we had in Budapest & would go back in a heart beat!

2  Thank Chelsea R
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

What a steak, what a wine, what a service, what a waitress, what a host, what an atmosphere, what an interior, what a place! Wow!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

quality produce cooked impeccably, good wine, nice atmosphere and a tremendous host.
Price wise this is at the upper end of Budapest restaurants but really worth the paying a little extra if you're after something special.....

1  Thank Mark J