“Try KNRDY when you are in Budapest :)”

KNRDY American Steakhouse & Bar
Ranked #446 of 3,161 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: New York style Steakhouse in the heart of Budapest, near the Basilica. Proudly serving USDA Prime Black Angus cuts dry aged on premises, BMS 9+ Wagyu beef from Australia, Hungarian Mangalica pork, Bahamian rock lobster tails, Scottish salmon, Joselito Gran Reserva ham, etc. Our wine list offers beside the most important Hungarian wines an extensive selection of the world's most important wine regions.
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
“Try KNRDY when you are in Budapest :)”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We found this place on the TripAdvisor site, and desided to try it due to the good reviews.
And we were not disappointed! From the moment we stepped inside the restaurant we felt welcomed, special and seen. The winelist is really good, as well as the menu - you can really tell that they have gone all out on the details.
The staff was always there and showed us the service that you expect from a fine-dining restaurant. The food was excellent and we had a great evening! Even the owner was very nice and talked to customers, you can tell that they really want to please their customers. We will for shure be back!

• Visited August 2013

• Hungarian first
La Quinta, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect 10”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have made several trips to Hungary and always look forward to an authentic Hungarian meal, but after a few rounds of goulash and chicken paprika at a overheated sidewalk cafe or in a musty cellar I ache for a few of the creature comforts of home. KNRDY's was just what I needed. The comfort of an air-conditioned dining area and comfortable chairs was just the start. The modern yet comfortable feel was absolutely relaxing. The staff was attentive and quick to serve. My wife, the hungarian, marveled over the goose liver with diced apples and I fell in loved the squid and chorizo (have to try this!). She had the billionaires burger and I the new york steak cooked to perfection! The sorbet was incredible as was the cheesecake. A perfect 10 in my book!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Michael P
Budapest, Hungary
“Superb”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I heard a lot of good things about this restaurant before I finally went there. I'm not a big fan of Steak, but I tried steak tartare, and was amazing. I had some fish for main course absolutely fantastic. We went there on Thursday and was not full, and unfortunately after 10 the restaurant became empty. I guess people are not stop by as the price is more like London price for a dinner.
Anyhow I can only recomed if you are not a budget traveller. :)

• Visited July 2013
“Overpriced restaurant for good meat”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice and fancy restaurant with good meat and wide selection of prime cuts. Prices though are extremely high and for the same price in Budapest you can definitely find better and more exclusive places.

• Visited March 2013
Zoltan K, Owner at KNRDY American Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Sir,

First of all thank you for visiting our restaurant.
I do not think that our steaks are overpriced. For guests with lower budget we offer Argentinian steaks. You can have an Argentinian filet, 220g / 8oz at HUF 7900 = $ 32 which is not expensive, even in Hungary.
Our signature U.S.D.A. Prime large cuts like T-Bone, Porterhouse, Bone-in Ribeye start at 1kg / 2,2 lbs. These cuts to be shared among three people at least. So if the cut is Euro 100, each paying Euro 33 for his share of a world class meat.It is not expensive in downtown Budapest.

Best,

Zoltan Konrady
owner
Houston, Texas
“Amazing Hungarian Wines!!!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I must say this was an excellent surprise, I was looking for a nice glass of wine and what better place to find one than at a steakhouse. KNRDY was the place Eszter- was my server for the evening and she anticipated my every need. Now for the wine, A'gnes the sommelier was great, I described what I wanted and she picked a wine that was exactly what I was looking for. To accompany my wine I had a small plate, the seared squid with hot chorizo, garlic, chili and coriander, this was simply divine!!! This is a steak place but was mostly looking for great wine but I'm sure they will not disappoint with steaks!!! A must try!!!

• Visited July 2013