“An Unexpectedly Great Steakhouse that Rivals the Best”

KNRDY American Steakhouse & Bar
Ranked #472 of 3,092 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: New York style Steakhouse in the heart of Budapest, near the Basilica. Proudly serving USDA Prime Black Angus cuts dry aged on premises, BMS 9+ Wagyu beef from Australia, Hungarian Mangalica pork, Bahamian rock lobster tails, Scottish salmon, Joselito Gran Reserva ham, etc. Our wine list offers beside the most important Hungarian wines an extensive selection of the world's most important wine regions.
Oakland, California, United States
“An Unexpectedly Great Steakhouse that Rivals the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

So here I am in Budapest, and, while enjoying the beauty, architecture and history of this great city, found myself longing for a great steak like I'd get back home or in Buenos Aires. And while I love the city, I'm not very keen on Hungarian food. Well, suffice it to say I struck gold in KRNDY!

I had the Argentine rib eye which was so thick it was served butterflied style. While absent the marvelous parilla flavor one comes to expect from Argentina, this steak was simply fantastic. It was cooked almost to perfection; some parts a bit rare, and some a bit well done. But overall, simply fantastic flavor and no complaints. And much to my surprise, even the bread served was comparable in quality to some of the best breads of San Francisco.

The staff was excellent, service top shelf and ambiance is fantastic. If you're on a budget this chic, upscale eatery may not be for you, but by US standards not terribly expensive. I had a huge steak, grilled asparagus, mashed potatoes and a fine glass of Hungarian Cabernet and with tip/service the bill was $71 US. The owner appears to have gone out of his way to find the best in multiple categories. For example , you can get a bagel and lox for breakfast if you like!

In any case, this is a great place in a great location and can heartily recommend.

Visited March 2013

• Hungarian first
Plovdiv, Bulgaria
“Good Steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I ate here 4 times. The Bone-In Rib-Eye was really good. One day they gave me seared Tuna. This tuna should have been thrown out instead of served to a customer. For the prices they charge, they should throw things out that are no longer fresh.. It didn't make me sick, but it was old. It had already discolored. My dog would not have ate it. Other than serving their customers rotten fish sometimes, the place was quite nice. The staff was friendly, and everything else we ordered was good. Also this is not a cheap place at all, even by International Standards. The bill came out to $300 for dinner for 2. If you don't mind spending that kind of money on a good steak Check it out.

• Visited May 2013
Santa Clarita, California
“Great Steak & Friendly Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Enjoyed a fabulous meal at KNRDY! It was by far the best meal and dining experience we had in Budapest. Sophie, our server, was very attentive and gracious. I ordered a USDA Filet Mignon and it was one of the most tender and flavorful steaks I have ever eaten; and I've eaten in some of the best from NYC, LA to Hong Kong. It was cooked to perfection! My husband had the salmon and it too was cooked perfectly! The atmosphere is hip and stylish while not being snooty. The manager stopped by our table and she was super appreciative of us and sent over complementary desserts! It was refreshing to experience a restaurant with such friendly service and high quality food! I will definitely be back here on my next trip to Budapest and I highly suggest you experience it too!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Lisatini1013
“Great steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Wide choice of steaks. Informative staff. Steaks cooked to perfection. Sides dishes slightly disappointing. Drinks amongst the most expensive during our stay in Budapest. Would recommend the experience.

Visited February 2013
Malibu, California, United States
“Best steak you can find. Great location, atmosphere. Fantastic NYE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

A group of 5 of us spent New Year's Eve here. Non of us had ever been, nor even heard of KNRDY. We will never forget it. Agi was amazing organizing everything we needed. Great food... cannot even express how good the bone in rib-eye was. Great wine and champagne list. Very classy, stylish and unpretentious place, which 99% of the places in Budapest are not.
If a place deserves Michelin stars, this place does! Do not miss it!

• Visited December 2012