“Perfect steak at KNRDY”

KNRDY American Steakhouse & Bar
Ranked #455 of 3,080 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: New York style Steakhouse in the heart of Budapest, near the Basilica. Proudly serving USDA Prime Black Angus cuts dry aged on premises, BMS 9+ Wagyu beef from Australia, Hungarian Mangalica pork, Bahamian rock lobster tails, Scottish salmon, Joselito Gran Reserva ham, etc. Our wine list offers beside the most important Hungarian wines an extensive selection of the world's most important wine regions.
“Perfect steak at KNRDY”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

One week ago in the KNRDY Steakhouse we had the best Tomahawk steak in town. It was cooked perfectly (crunchy outside and juicy inside). This steakhouse could compete with all the best American steakhouses I know. My beautiful dry aged bone in rib eye steak was from a USDA prime black angus beef, and I could pick it personally. The dinner was perfect, the only problem we had was, that they had only 2 kinds of our favorite wine, Malbec. I highly recommend this place and will be back.

• Hungarian first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Overbearing sales pitch and sharp practice!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

There is a clearly a difference between friendly and attentive service on the one hand and intrusive and overbearing attention by waiting staff. I am afraid that our experience last Saturday at KNRDY tended more towards the overbearing! Our waiter was clearly on a mission to elicit a high value order and rather overdid things by his regular and intrusive visits to our table. My wife's decision to accept his red wine recommendation ( and trust that this would be provided at reasonable cost) without any reference to wine list or price rather backfired at settling up time when the bill revealed a charge of 6000 HUF .... for 2 glasses of wine !!!
We found this sharp practise unacceptable and although the manager conceded our case and refunded the wine charge the damage had been done; the evening had been overshadowed by this unfortunate experience!

1 Thank indiansummer12
Zoltan K, Owner at KNRDY American Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for visiting our restaurant. Also thank you for taking your time to write a review about us.
We are terribly sorry that you think 6000 Forints (20 Euros) is too much for two glasses (2x15cl) of high quality Hungarian red wine. Sauska 7 is one of the best selling Hungarian premium red wines. When the waiter recommended you that wine, the wine list was on your table. He could not think that you did not see the prices and this wine could be over your budget. We have a very extensive wine list and we are known for having fair wine prices.
As soon as my manager heard that you were not satisfied with the price of the two glasses of wine, she went to your table and removed the wines from your bill. More she could not do unfortunately.
Sorry that the incident left bad memories. I do hope that next time you visit us you will be satisfied with our restaurant.

Best,

Zoltan Konrady
owner
Hamburg, Germany
“A Fine Steak House, prices on the upper scale for Budapest”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Last week I have been at the KNRDY, since I read about it in the airline magazine.
In Short - the steaks are really great and I had the corn with it, which is really to recommend.
The waiter was attentive even though he tried to convince us 3x to take the most expensive choice from the menu - on food as well as from the wine menu, which we found very annoying.
The atmosphere of the restaurant is friendly.
The prices are on the upper scale for Budapest, so with two people you are easily going to make 100 eur + bill. I had the same quality food (no steaks though) for way less money.
Overall, if you are looking for a fine steak house, it is a good choice.

Rzeszow, Poland
“Best Steak House in Eastern Europe”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have to say the steaks here are good, service was great and the overall atmosphere is spot-on. I would have to say that Gaucho's in London is the best - but this is a close second.

South Salem, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Home away from home,”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Budapest is offering many choices for dining, however having a good steak was always a challenge.
Simply over the years I just accept it, not even look for steaks during my frequent visits to the city.

So to my surprise, the place felt like an oasis for carnivores... The Billionaire burger as well as a straightforward New York strip was excellent ... from the sides; the corn as well as the Duck fat sautéed potatoes were great.

The location is business friendly and was convenient during our walks exploring downtown... Close to the statue of US Army's Brigadier General Bandholtz near Szabadsag ter, you just can't find statues of American War heroes so easily in Central Europe:)
KNRDY was also great as a watering hole, they even had my favorite Rose lemonade from the UK:)
The interior was pleasant and we enjoyed the people viewing through the large glass portals.
When you can feel the enthusiasm of the people surrounding you, you will leave with a positive vibe. We had that. I will be back.

• Visited January 2013