“A Fine Steak House, prices on the upper scale for Budapest”

KNRDY American Steakhouse & Bar
Ranked #442 of 3,278 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: New York style Steakhouse in the heart of Budapest, near the Basilica. Proudly serving USDA Prime Black Angus cuts dry aged on premises, BMS 9+ Wagyu beef from Australia, Hungarian Mangalica pork, Bahamian rock lobster tails, Scottish salmon, Joselito Gran Reserva ham, etc. Our wine list offers beside the most important Hungarian wines an extensive selection of the world's most important wine regions.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Last week I have been at the KNRDY, since I read about it in the airline magazine.
In Short - the steaks are really great and I had the corn with it, which is really to recommend.
The waiter was attentive even though he tried to convince us 3x to take the most expensive choice from the menu - on food as well as from the wine menu, which we found very annoying.
The atmosphere of the restaurant is friendly.
The prices are on the upper scale for Budapest, so with two people you are easily going to make 100 eur + bill. I had the same quality food (no steaks though) for way less money.
Overall, if you are looking for a fine steak house, it is a good choice.

There are newer reviews for KNRDY American Steakhouse & Bar

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have to say the steaks here are good, service was great and the overall atmosphere is spot-on. I would have to say that Gaucho's in London is the best - but this is a close second.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Budapest is offering many choices for dining, however having a good steak was always a challenge.
Simply over the years I just accept it, not even look for steaks during my frequent visits to the city.

So to my surprise, the place felt like an oasis for carnivores... The Billionaire burger as well as a straightforward New York strip was excellent ... from the sides; the corn as well as the Duck fat sautéed potatoes were great.

The location is business friendly and was convenient during our walks exploring downtown... Close to the statue of US Army's Brigadier General Bandholtz near Szabadsag ter, you just can't find statues of American War heroes so easily in Central Europe:)
KNRDY was also great as a watering hole, they even had my favorite Rose lemonade from the UK:)
The interior was pleasant and we enjoyed the people viewing through the large glass portals.
When you can feel the enthusiasm of the people surrounding you, you will leave with a positive vibe. We had that. I will be back.

1  Thank snowcloudx
Reviewed February 7, 2013

After you've been travelling for weeks there comes a time when you want more familiar food to eat. Thus, when I saw the KNRDY American Steakhouse offering genuine USA, Australian, and South American beef I made a reservation. I needed a break from all the fois-gras!
The restaurant is very modern, with a young friendly staff, and has a romantic feel to it at night, in the centre of Budapest, not far from Elizabeth Square and St. Stephen's Cathedral on Oktober 6 street. I would recommend a reservation, but I never saw it too crowded.
The choice of meat is impressive: USDA Prime, Australian Wagyu, Argentine ribeyes. I started with marrow bones, beautifully browned, and my companion with a chicory salad, fresh and cold. I had the Australian Wagyu Ribeye and my companion the Omaha NY Strip steak -- each cooked to perfection, accompanied by grilled asparagus, mashed potatoes, and green beans. There was Sauce Diane for the strip steak. We selected a Hungarian cabernet - Heimann Barbar 2009 Pohar - which was wonderful. And we finished off with a genuine NY cheese cake and espresso. The total bill with service came to 63,765.00 florins or about $300.00 Well worth it. I would happily eat there again!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a new restaurant one street south of the Basilica, and served lovely food. The young lady manageress was quite adamant where we were to sit, regardless of us making a reservation earlier in the day and being promised a particular table. We were then the subject of some conversation between the waiting staff who were pointing and talking about my husband and myself - it was quite off-puting. I asked to speak to the manageress, and had a discussion with her regarding the attitude of some of her staff, our first impression of her restaurant and how we were made to feel when out for a quiet meal. The manageress was quite appalled re our first impressions, and couldn't do enough to make us feel more welcome - all credit to her! The food was well worth the visit, the restaurant is well appointed and has a scottish chef! A bit of training in customer care for some staff and this restaurant will get 5 stars.

1  Thank JanMacGlasgow