“Home away from home,”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: New York style Steakhouse in the heart of Budapest, near the Basilica. Proudly serving USDA Prime Black Angus cuts dry aged on premises, BMS 9+ Wagyu beef from Australia, Hungarian Mangalica pork, Bahamian rock lobster tails, Scottish salmon, Joselito Gran Reserva ham, etc. Our wine list offers beside the most important Hungarian wines an extensive selection of the world's most important wine regions.
South Salem, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Home away from home,”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Budapest is offering many choices for dining, however having a good steak was always a challenge.
Simply over the years I just accept it, not even look for steaks during my frequent visits to the city.

So to my surprise, the place felt like an oasis for carnivores... The Billionaire burger as well as a straightforward New York strip was excellent ... from the sides; the corn as well as the Duck fat sautéed potatoes were great.

The location is business friendly and was convenient during our walks exploring downtown... Close to the statue of US Army's Brigadier General Bandholtz near Szabadsag ter, you just can't find statues of American War heroes so easily in Central Europe:)
KNRDY was also great as a watering hole, they even had my favorite Rose lemonade from the UK:)
The interior was pleasant and we enjoyed the people viewing through the large glass portals.
When you can feel the enthusiasm of the people surrounding you, you will leave with a positive vibe. We had that. I will be back.

1 Thank snowcloudx

• Hungarian first
Meyreuil, France
“American Beef in Budapest”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

After you've been travelling for weeks there comes a time when you want more familiar food to eat. Thus, when I saw the KNRDY American Steakhouse offering genuine USA, Australian, and South American beef I made a reservation. I needed a break from all the fois-gras!
The restaurant is very modern, with a young friendly staff, and has a romantic feel to it at night, in the centre of Budapest, not far from Elizabeth Square and St. Stephen's Cathedral on Oktober 6 street. I would recommend a reservation, but I never saw it too crowded.
The choice of meat is impressive: USDA Prime, Australian Wagyu, Argentine ribeyes. I started with marrow bones, beautifully browned, and my companion with a chicory salad, fresh and cold. I had the Australian Wagyu Ribeye and my companion the Omaha NY Strip steak -- each cooked to perfection, accompanied by grilled asparagus, mashed potatoes, and green beans. There was Sauce Diane for the strip steak. We selected a Hungarian cabernet - Heimann Barbar 2009 Pohar - which was wonderful. And we finished off with a genuine NY cheese cake and espresso. The total bill with service came to 63,765.00 florins or about $300.00 Well worth it. I would happily eat there again!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good food, shame about the attitude”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a new restaurant one street south of the Basilica, and served lovely food. The young lady manageress was quite adamant where we were to sit, regardless of us making a reservation earlier in the day and being promised a particular table. We were then the subject of some conversation between the waiting staff who were pointing and talking about my husband and myself - it was quite off-puting. I asked to speak to the manageress, and had a discussion with her regarding the attitude of some of her staff, our first impression of her restaurant and how we were made to feel when out for a quiet meal. The manageress was quite appalled re our first impressions, and couldn't do enough to make us feel more welcome - all credit to her! The food was well worth the visit, the restaurant is well appointed and has a scottish chef! A bit of training in customer care for some staff and this restaurant will get 5 stars.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank JanMacGlasgow
Zurich, Switzerland
“Good value”
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Just went with friends and we had a good dinner, steak an wine. Well cooked, good service, really enoyed. We aseked for advice for every course and it was perfect. Wine suggestion was extremly goog. Will come back when I am in town.

“Steaks to blow your brains out!!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Went to KNRDY with two colleagues for a nice quiet meal. We were immediately taken aback from the ambiente and the proactive/courteous staff. They were quick and efficient, bledingin into the surrounding nicely, but always immediately at the table to take an order, make a suggestion or just fill up the glasses. They spoke excellent English and SMILED!

The food .... we ordered "simple" steaks ... they came juicy and just right! Wine selection is great (by bottle or by the glass) .... try the local beer though :)

Prices are not exactly cheap, but very good value for money!!!!!!

Would I visit again? ANYTIME!