“very good food”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Very small quite restaurant with outdoor seating. Food is an excellent value. Be sure to make a reservation. All tables were taken we were there. The goose liver, and duck were excellent. I had never had pork belly. It was interesting, but I am not sure I would order it again.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We spent 7 days in Budapest and ate here twice! It was that good.Everything was fresh and cooked to order. The duck liver was amazing and unforgettable. On our first visit, I had tiger prawns (gigantic) with freshly made fettucine. Delicious. On our second visit, I had the veal neck. Fantastic. A very large portion. I couldn't even finish it. My husband had a delicious soup with sausage, paprika,and pasta. For dinner, he had the grilled duck on one occasion and mussels on another. My seven year old son had the grilled half chicken on both visits. We all loved everything. And the Hunargarian rose we had: outstanding.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I made a reservation by facebook and it worked very well. I arrived in the restaurant, told my name and the lady found my reservation. In my opinion it is very nice from the restaurant this kind of facility. because not all travelers have a phone to call or that work in Budapest.

about the place. It is not a big restaurant but small and cosy. I like it. you have this feeling you are in your mama kitchen.

about the food. I had a steak and my friend chicken. The steak was perfect done. The chicken of my friend was very well seasoned and proper cooked.

another point to be notice is the wine list. there is a good variety of excellent Hungarian wines. the lady was taking our order could explain and recommend to us a good wine.

It is a kind of place i will return again. excellent food and you are welcome in the place. My suggestion, make a reservation before.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Great food, located on a beautiful and very interesting street (Hold Utca). This street has some marvelous architecture, some buidlings restrored, and the restaurant serves a fantastic grilled chicken with side dishes chosen separately. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We visited this restaurant at lunch time having been attracted by the roof of the Hungarian Bank opposite this restaurant.
The service was the best we had all week , the waiter spoke wonderful English.
Only small inside but pleasant to sit out on the quiet street.
I had the roast veal and my husband had the baby pork ribs. Both with roast potatoes and both well cooked and delicious. Apricot crumble dessert was served with custard and was good.
Best of all they have prosecco on tap for 600 forints , about £1.60 - fabulous!

1  Thank hazelmurf