“Great intimate family restaurant”
Review of Kispiac Bisztro

Kispiac Bisztro
Ranked #69 of 3,278 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant on our stay in Budapest. We decided on visiting after seeing all the good reviews and the lovely photos on Facebook of all the meat.
Let me say we're not disappointed one bit. We didn't book until the day and we didn't have any problems but I would recommend booking as the bistro only has about 8 tables and is very small. When we arrived there were only two free tables but by the time we finished there were none and a couple were waiting to be seated.
The service was brilliant, all the staff accommodated speaking to us in English and explained the goose menu that was not in English on the board. There isn't a big menu which is great and it's all freshly cooked per order. I went for the goose leg with mash potato and my husband went for half a chicken with mash.
While we waiting we could smell it being cooked and we didn't have to wait long. It arrived and was nicely presented, the skin on both the goose and chicken was beautiful, seasoned to perfection and so crispy. I didn't think it would fill me up but the amount of meat was amazing, we were stuffed with no room for pudding.
In all this meal cost £22 English pounds which was two glasses of prosecco and two mains with a plate of pickles and a coffee to finish, the quality was excellent. Such a lovely little bistro with a great atmosphere. We would highly recommend this little gem!

There are newer reviews for Kispiac Bisztro

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Had an amazing family lunch there...tried almost all from the famous Goose days menu...specially in Hungary during November you can find delicious tasty food...
This little bistro is excellent....booking in advance is highly recommended.
Soups, pathees and super chicken or duck dishes....with aromatic cabbage or potato purée....
Service is well trained and extremely kind.....thank you so much!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Went on a Saturday night and all tables were full so worth booking in advance. Attentive and friendly service and spoke good English. Delicious food particularly the veal's liver washed down with a Lake Balaton merlot.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

First of all, kudos to the tripadvisor City Guides app. As we were walking to this place, and I heard "Where exactly is it?" I was able to point to the arrow on the screen and say "768 feet from here." How cool is that!
Did I see there are already two reviews from October 29? Hi, we were the couple at the table by the open door, who had to move when it started to rain. The place has maybe 18 seats total, counting the tables on the sidewalk. But the staff is friendly, helpful and fluent in English (this is important, as Hungarian doesn't offer many clues to speakers of other languages). Regular fare is posted on the wall in Hungarian and English, but specials are chalked in Hungarian only, so the explanation was essential. Every had veal neck? Wonderful. So was the duck. And the appetizers. And the beer. And the evening.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Went here for the first time tonight at the invitation of two friends. Probably one of the best meals I've had in a long time. It's tiny, 3-4 tables maybe, and a small bar counter, but the heart and soul of the place is gigantic. There were a few table outside but given the chilly weather, we sat inside. We had the duck liver pate appetizer, as well as the creamed egg with smoked fish; these were brought with a very nice salad garnish for two and fresh, ample ciabatta bread. Our mains included the grilled 'fogas', a local pike-perch served with a large fresh salad; roast pork; and roast pork belly. All were prepared to absolute perfection. They serve half and whole roast ducks and chicken, and pork knuckles. We were so full, the three of us could only share one piece of chocolate cake, which was excellent. Outstanding wine selection. Only one beer on tap, but it's Czech so that's fine. I'll be back.

1  Thank ToujoursProvence