“Good local bistro”

Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Luxembourg
“Good local bistro”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We went for dinner based on the TA reviews and had reserved in advance. It is a small cosy place with approx. 20 seats (some on high stools). There are sme seats outside. The choice is various roast meat with sides of roast potatoes, salads, etc. service was good and reasonably priced. Overall would recommend if you like meat!

• Visited May 2013

• Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
“Greatest guliash ever”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Huge portions, delicious food, english-deutch-french menu, food is cooked very fast, complimentary crisps. Price for 2 guliash soups, beef and gypsy style meat (yummy!) and beer was 7000huf

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
London
“Meat heaven - absolutely delicious!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Budapest has become one of my favourite cities to have a culinary adventure, as you really can eat pretty much every type of cuisine you desire for a fraction of the cost of London where I live.

Kispiac Bisztro was the first dining spot of a four day food tour, and it set the bar high for the rest of the trip.

Firstly the place is tiny, so make a reservation. With the help of previous reviews here on Tripadvisor I made a reservation 24 hours ahead of time by sending a message through Facebook. I received a response within minutes to say that they looked forward to welcoming us. A great start.

We were lucky enough to arrive to the city with fine weather, sunny with blue skies, so were able to enjoy our late lunch on the outdoor seating rather than inside (it really is tiny!) The menu was written on the blackboard in English and there was a special's menu that the waiter translated for us. Roasted veal was on it that day, and the dish my husband chose.
I was torn between the veal and duck liver. I asked the waiter his recommendation, and was slightly surprised that he did not try to push the pricier duck liver dish (around 30% more) on me. Simply responding that everything on the menu was delicious and really it was my preference. That's settled then: I order the veal liver because I've not tried it before.

My two other travel companions order the pork belly (1850HUF) and the roast pork (1750HUF). They came with a mustard sauce, and some pan fried potatoes. We also order a salad and a plate of pickled vegetables.

My goodness everything was delicious. The tomatoes in the salad were roasted just so, so they exploded in your mouth with their sweet juices. The pork belly had a fantastic crisp crackling that had a tiny layer of pork fat clinging for dear life onto the juicy pork meat. The roasted veal came glazed in its own meat juices, and the veal liver was beautifully tender and lovely with the beautifully silky warm potato puree. The pickles were also absolutely beautiful.

We didn't drink any wine, but I had a raspberry soda (fresh raspberry puree mixed with soda water) which was delicious. The fresh lemonade was pretty sour, but did allow you to add sugar as required.

All in all, the food and service far exceeded the more than reasonable price that we paid for the entire meal (12,000HUF c. £35GBP). I would highly recommend it, and intend to visit again on my next trip to Budapest.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Marble_girl
Alpine, California
“Cozy little bistro with delicious food.”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our tour guide from Taste Hungary recommended this little place to us. We were delighted to find that it was just a quick 5 minute walk from our hotel. My husband had roast pork with potatoes and spinich. I had veal soup. We also had a bottle of Hungarian Cabernet Franc which was outstanding! I have to admit that my favorite thing was dessert--Cheesecake paired with Tokaii! So, so delicious! We were the only ones there at first, but by the time we left, the place was packed.

Visited April 2013
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Small, but very fine food and wine”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had lunch here on my own today and started with a nice Rose wine with savanyusag, Hungarian pickles. As a main I had resztelt borjumaj, veal liver, which was great, and a kekfrankos ( Cabernet franc) to accompany it. This grape variety ripes much better in Hungary than in France typically.

The wines were really good. In fact Hungarian wines have come a long way since the regime change, many years ago now, and can be of excellent quality like here at the Kispiac Bisztro.

A remark on the prices of a glass of wine in Hungary: typically the price is indicated per deci (100 ml), where a normal glass will be around 200 ml!

I will be back!.