“Cozy little bistro with delicious food.”
Review of Kispiac Bisztro

Kispiac Bisztro
Ranked #70 of 3,384 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our tour guide from Taste Hungary recommended this little place to us. We were delighted to find that it was just a quick 5 minute walk from our hotel. My husband had roast pork with potatoes and spinich. I had veal soup. We also had a bottle of Hungarian Cabernet Franc which was outstanding! I have to admit that my favorite thing was dessert--Cheesecake paired with Tokaii! So, so delicious! We were the only ones there at first, but by the time we left, the place was packed.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had lunch here on my own today and started with a nice Rose wine with savanyusag, Hungarian pickles. As a main I had resztelt borjumaj, veal liver, which was great, and a kekfrankos ( Cabernet franc) to accompany it. This grape variety ripes much better in Hungary than in France typically.

The wines were really good. In fact Hungarian wines have come a long way since the regime change, many years ago now, and can be of excellent quality like here at the Kispiac Bisztro.

A remark on the prices of a glass of wine in Hungary: typically the price is indicated per deci (100 ml), where a normal glass will be around 200 ml!

I will be back!.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Real bistro atmosphere with highest quality, really excellent dishes. One of the best fishsoups what I ever had. Veal liver with onion was also fantastic with mashed potato. Vine selection, professionalism, friendly atmosphere also excellent. The place is to small.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Best to book this tiny bistro behind the US embassy. Really excellent food, try the miraculous duck pate in a jar (which you can also buy to take home as you can the very good bread) and pleasant staff.

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this little place is so captivating - it is a miniature restaurant with amazingly intimate but cheerful atmosphere. The food is really worth trying, the desserts were delicious. the wine menu is pretty impressive. I definitely plan to return......