“Superb!”

Cuisines: Hungarian, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We were out quite late on a Saturday evening and came across this restaurant by accident. The staff were very friendly and happy to seat us at 10.00pm. We only tried the pizzas but they were the best we'd tasted outside of Rome! Unlike traditional pizzas these are served in length rather than circular. You cam choose from a 0.4m long serving or 0.7m. We both had the shorter option and rhis was more than a good enough serving. A great restaurant with delicious food and very pleasant staff!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,290)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We came across this restaurant by default, it is in the cellar of a building on a street corner. Once inside the decor,staff and tables were immaculately presented and we were immediately welcomed and seated. I ordered a goats cheese and rocket starter with a Doc pizza (small ) and a Chocolate soufflé all of which were delicious ,the pizza was huge ! My partner had Caprese, Macaroni Amatriciana and ice cream , again all delicious . The service was a little slow with my pizza arriving well after my partner's main but that was the only snag and as he always finishes well ahead of me didn't matter.When I ordered the soufflé I was told it would take 15 mins,when it arrived it was as good as any I had tried previously . There were many Italians eating here which I took as a good sign ....all in all a very pleasant experience which I would repeat without hesitation.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I was very much looking forward to a meal at this restaurant, after reading the excellent Tripadvisor reviews.

I am a big fan of Italian food, but I would definitely say this was an average Italian meal and I've had much better. Mussels to start were nice, nothing amazing. I had spaghetti bolognaise for the main and it was okay, but rather bland and I've had far far better.

My boyfriend had the pizza and I had a taste, it was nice, but nothing special again. Service was good, friendly staff but service a little slow at times.

I wouldn't go back, and I'm surprised at the raving reviews for this place.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Is my second time when I'm eating here and I will return for sure. First time I have tried the pizza and was excellent done. This time I've have chosen the beef steak - it was delicious. Congratulations to the cook! Service is very good, polite and the waiters do know what they offer you to eat and drink.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Just ate there, our last day in Budapest and after 6 restaurants we tried. It was by far the best choice in all aspects. The pizza was just out of the traditional fire oven with fresh tomato sauce and crispy yet tender bread, the arabiatta just as hot as it should and al' dente. The service quick and polite and the place of great decoration. And all that in a very reasonable price.
Do visit it when in Budapest!