“Excellent find”

Cafe Vian Bisztro
Ranked #389 of 3,375 Restaurants in Budapest
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Cozy Cafe in the center of Budapest. Just 2 minutes away from St.Stephen Basilica. Nice atmosphere, and friendly staff. We are open from 9am-12pm everyday!
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stumbled across cafe vian and it looked inviting from the outside. It certainly lived up to that once inside. The menu was excellent and we can highly recommend the goulash and the sandwich vian. Great service, super atmosphere and good value. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We chose this place for their wide variety of dishes and friendly staff. No one tried to lure us in from the street, a pet peeve of mine, and they spoke great English. Our food was fresh and plated beautifuly. I had the Hungarian duck and my husband had the mozzarella chicken. We shared the decadent chocolate lava cake and had drinks too. Our total was equal to about ?36....which was a steal for the quality and atmosphere. We'll be back!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We used to go to this restaurant regularly for Saturday brunches with a friend in the summer. They have very nice sandwiches served with fresh seasonal salad on the side which is always a surprise, their creme brulee is served with seasonal fruit (depending on the season, strawberries, grapes, kiwi...) which is also very very nice, plus thy have a mango lemonade to die for. The staff is decent but not too kind and never rude. The owner of the place passes by every now and again; he might be micromanaging but the place runs very smoothly! A nice stop during sightseeing and the perfect brunch place in the summer (the decoration indoors is really not my cuppa tea).

Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Good value busy and friendly bistro with good food and service. Especially loved the beef tartare and goose liver pate. Local beer great too.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We hadn't really planned beforehand of going to this venue, we literally stumbled across it and were very pleased. With a nice outdoor seating if required, leading into a mezzanine level on the inside.

On the late afternoon/early evening we went the venue was very busy, great bustling atmosphere and we were served quickly. My one and only gripe is that our starters took literally forever to arrive, when it did it was lovely......my only complaint is that after waiting so long for our starters and after eating them, the main course literally arrived seconds after we finished our starter.

That said the food was great, atmosphere was very nice and pretty reasonable too. I did also find the prompting of the 10% tip from the waiter, I understand they have to earn a living but I just hate these things being pointed out. If he didn't point out the 10% to me, I would probably have left more.

Anyhow, definitely worth a visit and a great atmosphere.