“Hungarian Menu”

Dining options: Reservations
colorado
“Hungarian Menu”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We came in here to try their daily Hungarian Menu. It was good. Not great, but good. The service was fine, and the guitar player added an ambiance (even if he was playing mostly American oldies!). I wouldn't seek out this restaurant again, but if in the area I'd consider it.

• Visited October 2013

• Hungarian first
Budapest, Hungary
“Terrible”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Terrible food and bad service. We waited for about an hour to get our meals. Avoid this restaurant if possible. There are many good restaurants in the neighborhood.

Visited October 2013
Vienna, Austria
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Raday utca is packed of restaurants (ant turists). We entered Pesti Vendeglo by complete chance. The place is nice, with windows on the street and candels. There was also a guy playing some guitar (softly, not bad at all). We ordered some hungarian dishes which turned out to be delicious, especially some potato-almonds croquettes (definitely to try).

• Visited September 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Not good, not bad”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Came here with a group of colleagues for lunch at had a Hungarian beef stroganoff, which was neither good nor bad, together with a few hungarian pints of lager. Staff seemed friendly. The restaurant is a bit bare and lacks atmosphere, so I will probably go somewhere else if I ever return to Budapest

• Visited September 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Not all traditional food is this poor”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We headed to Raday Utca to visit the Soul Cafe next door, but as the menu was more limited there, ate here instead. That was a mistake. The waiting staff were very unhelpful and we seemed an inconvenience to them. I ate the Goulash soup as a starter, but most of the meat I left behind as it was fatty and inedible - I understand cheaper meat is utilised in a dish like this, but surely it has to be to a certain standard - this was not. We were smoked over throughout the meal (maybe not just unique to this restaurant ?), but were not offered an alternative. The outside seating area is on a raised wooden platform which wobbles each time the waiting staff walk past, I felt a little sea-sick by the end of the evening. I am a slow eater and after clearing my wife's plate away, I felt I was under pressure to finish, as the waiter practically stood and watched as I completed my meal. Not a particularly enjoyable evening.

• Visited July 2013