“quick, tasty, cheap”

Ranked #18 of 184 Dessert in Budapest
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Fast food with a difference. Hot cheese toasty and a tall latte for under £3 in clean and fun surroundings. What more can you ask for a quick cheap fill up.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

You can hear the name Cserpes Tejivó increasingly many times in the last few weeks, so I had the time to visit it today.

It's nice and cosy, the waiter was a little bit too slow, but it was not disturbing. We had a salad with special cheese and on that some kind of wild garlic sauce. I had an elder juice, and my attendant took the pomegranate juice. It was nothing special in my opinion, I don't really know what is that fuzz that everyone makes about it, but if you're around the corner of just visited the Vörösmarty Tér, I would recommend it to you, if you're bored with Starbucks's sandwiches.

The espresso was although not that good, it was like you had a little hot water instead of real coffe. I think you should try the specials, like the home-made marmalade or the yoghurt or go for some hot chocolate with cream, but if you don't like that, grab a sandwich, but be prepared: they do not have a special menu.

Always crowded, and maybe its a little bit over-priced, considering the prices for the salads. In mine I had salades, some chicken strips and a few french plums. It was not enough, meaning the portion is too small. Altough I'll definitely go back to grab something when going to the University, but I think it's too small and busy to have a real good and long time in the restaurant.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I heard about this cafe from my hungarian friends. It has a modern but in the same time a bit old timer feeling in a good way. Good cafe with fresh cookies :D

Reviewed September 15, 2012

This was the nicest culinary experience of our holiday this far. We have spent the last ten days touring Austria, Slovakia and Hungary and boy oh boy could establishments in those places learn from this place in terms of service, quality and price. It is highly unlikely that we will be returning to Budapest or I wouldn't be posting this review as I would want to keep it to myself - it was that good !

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We bumped into this place while waiting for cycle tour. Great and efficient service, big queue of locals for takeaway and coffee.