“Honest.. Hungarian.. Hospitality.. Happy!! :)”
Review of Hungarikum Bisztro

Hungarikum Bisztro
Ranked #18 of 3,384 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Traditional Hungarian Restaurant serving old fashioned Hungarian dishes following family's recipes.Open every day:11:30AM-3:00PM (LAST RESERVATION AT 2:00 PM!)6:00PM-11:00PM (LAST RESERVATION AT 10:00 PM!) Between 3:00PM-6:00PM is CLOSED! RESERVATION IS REQUIRED!
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Timi (Proprietor) was wonderful from the start! She made us feel welcomed as if we were guest in her own home. The food was incredible, our first true Hungarian meal.

A classy Bistro, with great flair and ambiance. The entire staff went out of their way to make sure every guest was attended to - and they were very pleasant as well.

Make sure you have a reservation or you'll be staring through the window as the musician plays the Cimbalom (Hungarian Instrument) :)

Very inexpensive for the quality and quantity of both the meal and drinks. I admit I read the bill incorrectly and made a call back to Timi to make sure it was correct. She was very understanding and correct as well, I did not notice the extra digit to left of what I am used to seeing on a typical menu. This goes to show her integrity and honesty as an owner. Highly recommend Hungarikim Bisztro if you are in Budapest and seeking a great Hungarian meal. We'll be back!

Cheers,

Mika and Cheryl

Write a ReviewReviews (7,476)

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Eat here on our last night in Budapest. You will need to book as many people called on chnce and were turned away. Great food, good wine and a nice atmosphere. Good value for money. I would recommend

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I happened upon this charming place quite by accident, as I was taking a walk on my last evening in Budapest (for a while!----plan to return next year). I only had a dessert and beverage, but it was tasty and service was very good. It is a cozy, enjoyable place. Try it for a true Hungarian experience.

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Just had dinner there... Loved it... Great food, great service.... And really good value for money....fabulous!!!!!

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

This meal was probably my favourite during my week in Budapest.
I have eaten some incredible pork in my life and the Pork Knuckle for two is up there with the best!
The restaurant is always full so book the day before. It's a lovely place to eat. Service was impeccable. However, I am writing this review simply because of the knuckle.
Must eat knuckle. You're welcome ;-)